David Moyes finished 7th to avoid the Europa League

David Moyes finished 7th to avoid the Europa League
LVG has spent £200m to get into the Europa League

Discuss

Speaking of Moyes, what are the chances they re-hire him? He's currently jobless.

>le Europa League is bad meme
Livercucks might play in the CL after finishing 8th in the league thanks to the EL.

About the same as them hiring me

Moyes got no money to spend and had to deal with Everton, City, Chelsea and Liverpool being strong as fuck, also Arsenal fighting for 4th place as usual

Van Laal has been given 500m, and has had to deal with Chelsea finishing mid table, Liverpool turning back to shit, Everton turning to shit, City turning to shit, Full Time Plumbers, and Arsenal fighting for 4th place as usual

Also reminder this happened when Van Laal first came in and all the United "fans" thought he was going to win the treble for the next ten years

Im not an expert on football. But is it true to assume that the owners of Man Utd are making so much money off shirt deals, epl tv rights revenue, global tours and off foreign shirt sales that they simply don't give a signle toss about trophies? i mean didn't man utd record massive profits last year even though they haven't won any relevant trophies in a while now? Is it safe to assume that as long as utd keeps raking in the hundreds of millions the owners will keep van laal and woodward will still be running the club?

There must be an element of truth in this.

The club is ran by Americans who literally don't give a shit about football. If they see United raking in the billions, they don't care what happens.

There's just no one in the upper hierarchy of Man Utd who truly knows about modern football. You got the Glazers who don't know what 'soccer' is, you got Woodward who only knows how to pull in sponsors and overpay massively for players, and then there's Ferguson and Charlton who are stuck in the past and think you can just give any manager 5 years to turn the club around.

We need more men like Sam Allardyce
He may have an ugly style but he's pragmatic as can be.

>hurr durr EL is shit
>Team isn't good enough to win CL

Sign of a cuck team. At least in EL you can compete and realistically win it. United have no chance against Barca/Bayern/Real/Atletico.

It's the Arsenal fan mentality seeping into others "happy with 4th and getting rekt by a good team in Europe every season"

>We need more men like Sam Allardyce

No, we don't

There are some actual fans who'd rather get top 4 than win the FA Cup. It really fucking baffles me.

No one's going to remember the historic moment when you finished top 4. FA Cup and 5th is so much better than no FA Cup and 4th.

Bobby Charlton is only on the board because the Glazers need a respectable face there to keep the fans from revolting, he is whoring himself out

Yes, we do.

We need pragmatic men who want to bring results above all.

There's too much focus on "beautiful" football.
The ball just needs to end in the back of the net.
Just hoof it in if that works best

This is what I don't get from some fans.

Liverpool fan here so i'm probably biased. We've had some incredible nights in the EL already, and are heading to Basel for a big final, i'm counting down the days.

Then some of our fans are saying "I hope we finish 8th this season so we don't have EL distraction next year". Fuck that, how anybody can have gone to the United/Dortmund/Villareal games and decided they don't want that anymore is beyond me. I'd rather we finished 7th and won EL, than finish 2nd and won fuck all.

As you say nobody remembers the "top 4 trophy", but in 50 years time that trophy will be in the cabinet, and your head will be full of the memories of the cup run

Bilic managed what fat sam couldn't at west ham, plays decent looking football and gets results

Bullshit. It's the loser mentality that shows why teams like WBA are totally stalling. Happy to just languish around 14th-17th playing shit football and just doing enough to get by.

I'd rather my team had an exciting vision and idea to reach the top (see: Southampton, Leicester, Spurs, West Ham) rather than just accepting pragmatic mediocrity and saying "this is as good as it gets". Maybe you fail, maybe you don't

The PL would be better if Allardyce, Pulis, Steve Bruce and Neil Warnock just fucked off and never came back

>There's too much focus on "beautiful" football.
>Just hoof it in if that works best

Van Gaal pls go. Hoofball has a limit and it's mediocrity

It's this stupid elitism over Europa League that really annoys me. PL clubs putting out half arsed sides in the EL to finish 4th in the table is just so fucking pointless.

Though with the added allure of CL football after winning it, I think we're seeing more fans taking it seriously. Plus the Europa League has been hugely entertaining this season as opposed to the CL.

As a United fan I would really like us to win it. It's a trophy that we still haven't won. Yet there are some fans who are like 'just play the reserves and focus on the league'. Fucking why? EL has just 2 extra games compared to the CL, any club who aspires to reach the top should get used to midweek games.

Sam didn't get any time or resources.
He got kicked out because they didn't want hoofball, that's it.

If Sam had been with Sunderland all season they'd have been around 10-12.
Which is good since the Sunderland squad is SHIT.

>Hoofball has a limit and it's mediocrity

Leicester won the league with hoofball

>As a United fan I would really like us to win it. It's a trophy that we still haven't won. Yet there are some fans who are like 'just play the reserves and focus on the league'. Fucking why? EL has just 2 extra games compared to the CL, any club who aspires to reach the top should get used to midweek games.

Aye spot on.

I don't know how these people fall in love with football, for me it's about watching my team winning things and having great days out, not just being happy to be in the CL at the expense of everything with no hopes of winning it, like when a Conference team draws United/Liverpool in the FA cup.

Still remember fuckwits like O'neill disrespecting the UEFA cup as Aston Villa manager. West Ham threw the EL away this season. Fuck them

>Mou comes in, earns £30m with Fellaini and wins the EPL
Mark my words.

Leicester don't play hoofball, unless you buy into the "hoofball or tiki taka" dichotomy.

They play fast counter attacking football, and focus on not giving away too many clear cut chances

>Sam didn't get any time
He was there for 4 years for fuck's sake, he got kicked out because his hoofball tactics reached its ceiling - EPL mediocrity

No, they didn't. Their transitions from defence to attack are absolutely world class

Dude, if Sam was Spanish and named Allardychi he would have had a CL side long ago.

I don't understand why people hate on Europa League. Are you from the Glazer family? Then why do you care about money, it's all about prestige, winning the Europa League would be good, it's better than getting rekt in Champion' League every year

*confused West ham with Newcastle... again

the prize money is shit

the PL is even thinking of subsidizing EL teams because our coefficient is getting fucked by teams intentionally fielding shit squads and getting knocked out early in the competition

also now the league is getting even more competitive getting top 4 isnt going to be any easier