So what exactly did he do to raise the profile of the MLS...

So what exactly did he do to raise the profile of the MLS? It's still considered a Mickey Mouse league all over the world, there's little coverage, if any in Europe and it's still considered a retirement home for players looking for one last bumper pay day.

>you know the name LA Galaxy
>you're talking about it with other people
There, profile raised

It's in its infancy by comparison to the bigger leagues. In ten years or so it'll probably be much higher in profile.

But I knew who they were before he arrived

Shouldn't it be La Galaxie?

A lot of people didn't. No one thought that Beckham would turn MLS into a real league within 5 years, all he was supposed to do is raise brand awareness, and he did exactly that.

>still considered a Mickey Mouse league all over the world, there's little coverage, if any in Europe and it's still considered a retirement home
It's like a few years old. You're not going to get viewers in Europe for a couple of generations at least.

>turn MLS into a real league?

Lol, wut?

But that won't be down to Beckham though, assuming it does actually happen.

It'll take far more than this prancing tit flogging fizzy pop and y-fronts to make the MLS appealing, not only to Europe, but Yanks themselves.

It's made people know what it is over here. They did have a bit on tv once but the quality and pace of it was pretty shocking.

Personally I enjoyed your version of a shootout

You all should watch a Galaxy game
its good fun.

Has it though? Maybe, but it's simply known as a league has-beens go to for some wonga before they hang up their boots altogether.

Beckham would never have gone there in his prime and I doubt he actually gave a shit about promoting the MLS and football in the US, he just wanted the hundreds of millions and a market to expand his own brand.

Well he helped raise the profile of the league a bit in America. MLS gets good attendance and is pretty profitable, which is saying alot for a soccer league in the US. Beckham helped with that a bit.

>but Yanks themselves

This. MLS isn't even the most popular soccer league in the US, the idea of it ever getting foreign appeal is absurd. If even Americans would rather watch the Premier League or Barcelona/Real Madrid than MLS, then why the hell would anyone outside of the country watch MLS?

No you didn't, he went there like 10 years ago. Guaranteed you had no idea who the Galaxy were until he moved.

He honestly did alot of MLS, attendance is way higher than before he was there.

>this

The only people who go to our watch mls matches are either hipster faggots or parents bringing their children to a cheap sports outing.

If they want to attract actual fans they'll need to get more aligned with the world as far promotion /relegation etc. Also get rid of the "capos" fucking faggots.

>FIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTT

He raised the heck out of the awareness

Lets be realistic
Europeans would still to this day not even know Murrica had a sawker league if he never went

He's basically like Bob Geldoff or Bono. We all know exactly how fucked Africa is now but we're quite happy to leave it that way.

>No you didn't
Yes, I did.

Not everyone is as fucking ignorant about things beyond their borders as Ameritards are.

No you didn't, but yea keep pretending like you did.

Nobody have Flying fuck about mls, especially Europeans, you're making up shit to fit your retarded scenario.

>yank trying to tell people what they did and didn't know

When did you become the authoritative voice on my own personal experiences, you conceited fat nigger?

For the record, I'm a Middlesbrough fan, I became aware of the MLS and its "franchises" through following Jaime Moreno's career.

Not him, but you would have had no reason to care unless you were a severe soccer hipster

Watched a few MLS games on Eurosport. It's probably as fun as any other league if you're a fan of a team, but as a neutral it's dreadful since there's no history or good quality of football to elevate it.

Care, or being aware?

I've just fucking explained the reason, you thick twat.

You got to look at it from a #MACtion perspective

>Jaime Moreno
Following a league because of a guy who played for your team 20 years ago and made only 20 appearances?
That's pretty pathetic

>shitting on people for being sports nerds
>on Sup Forums

I never said I followed MLS, I said I became aware of the MLS, there is a difference

Try reading what has actually been posted Ty'Rone, you fucking hideous beast.

Okay
Being aware of a league because of a guy who played for your team 20 years ago and made only 20 appearances?
That's still pretty pathetic

How is it pathetic? You post like an insecure teenager.

MLS is using a slow growth philosophy.
It already outdraws the NHL in attendance.
Ironically, the growth of the EPL on cable is helping drive viewership of MLS.
Thanks, Europe!

Its not considered as a retirement home for ur Europeans. Its considered a place where they can experience a new lifestyle.

Same goes for China.

Australian lifestyle is nothing different from the European standarts. That literally is a place for them to retire.

Everyone I know consider it a retirement home to make lots of money before you quit

There's like only 10 of those guys left

Pathetic to a fucking retard who has no concept of what it is to actually be a fan of a football club. Moreno scored our only goal (and his only goal that season) in a 1-1 draw against Barnsley at Ayresome Park. It was the very first Boro game I went to.

Moments like this have a lasting impact on fans, etched in the memory forever, not that I would ever expect glory supporters and bandwagoners to ever understand. From the moment he left us I endeavoured to keep updated on his career as I have done with many ex-Middlesbrough players.

>Its not considered as a retirement home for ur Europeans
It is.

In England is used to be some clubs in the leagues below, now it's the MLS, or to a lesser extent the Middle East.

It's going to take a while and what hes doing is a good idea.

The fact that you are talking about is fact enough though.

>The fact that you are talking about is fact enough though
Not when the question posited is asking what it is he's actually done.

I literally don't know a single MLS player other than Beckham and Donovan and I don't know a single person who watches that garbage.

Dipshit Yanktard has gone quiet

MLS has more soul than the EPL.