youtube.com/watch?v=vTAvh7cxmfw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inb4 not psychedelic

>Nangs
>Not psych
Kys

forever dolphin love

Forever Changes

Is there any other album like MPP that just sort of 'melts' into whatever atmosphere you're listening to it in? I put it on while a few friends were over the other night and it just flows so well into the background of conversation, but also grabs everyone's attention during silent moments.
More psych albums that are good in social settings?

>Background music
>Aka music that's playing that you're not actually listening to
This is so stupid

I mean, if your standards are so low that you'd consider this album consistent, then yea, you go ahead man.

the best psychedelic album ever made

Music can be enjoyed as part of a social atmosphere too

consistently mediocre?

htrk-psychic 9-5 club

>dxm is the same thing as lsd
This what you sound like.

>More psych albums that are good in social settings?
pic related

Tame impala is mediocre at best

Siberian Breaks on a high dose of acid.... :)

If by consistent you meant "equally good from the beginning till the end" rather than "all tracks blend in together" then here's the contender

>MGMT
>psychedelic

This is a bad meme. They're literally the poster band for generic indie rock.

I thought Gronlandic Edit was pretty standout

>"I've never listened to Congratulations"

Anything by Moon Duo

Anything by AnCo is leagues better than anything Tame Impala could ever hope to release.

I always take it to mean more instrumental music, or at least music that isn't lyric focused. Something you'd like to have playing in a movie scene. Something that adds to, but doesn't steal the show. You know?

>ive never listened to Lonerism: the post

>autism

have you ever had mates over your house? or even been to a gathering?

Eh not really comparable even though theyre both in the psyche realm. What they do is very different and i like both for different reasons

what is "MPP" ???

merriweather post pavilion

Good pick, but Skeletal Lamping gets more points on the blending together scale. Shit literally sounds like on big piece of music

this album is so fucking good. i feel like since its hated on mu so much, its my little secret. i love all the songs. kevin parker said that he had hours of used songs and tape he might eventually release (probably not). still i could hear this thing forever on an island, it really doesnt get much better than Lonerism

>hated on mu

Its not a secret and the only reason things get hated on here is when they get talked about a lot. People love this album

I like Innerspeaker a little more than Lonerism but I only listen to Tame Impala when I'm tripping so my opinion doesn't really weigh much. They aren't very interesting sober.

LMAO!

>They aren't very interesting sober.
not true

youtube.com/watch?v=vTAvh7cxmfw

i dont see how you can say that about any of their albums

>cuckhold music
no thanks

the album isn't actually hated I don't think, there was lots of hype behind it when the singles came out and it first leaked, your probably thinking of the bait threads like

>le tame impala is the best band xD arent I right guys
and then every thinks op is just some redditor who actually believes that when its just someone who wants a negative reaction towards the band and it's fans

(so kind of like this thread actually)

>6.8
I don't think so buddy

>An album with only like 3 songs that are even remotely psychedelic
>Those 3 songs are JUST BARELY psychedelic
>Vast majority of the songs are just straight-up bland, inoffensive indie pop

Have you listened to anything post-Oracular Spectacular?

Lonerism is more psych 2bh

Where my Gizz fans at

also this and yoshimi because obviously

big time gizzhead here

cant wait for the short film

True my man

just started listening to it for the first time. on the second track now.

It's a great album. I love it. Tame Impala just has a very normie(whatever that is) fanbase, so it gets hate, but I don't think anybody seriously hates it.

>I never listened to anything other than their hits

This