So Canadians, what are the roles of the mounties...

So Canadians, what are the roles of the mounties? Do they serve the same purpose as regular police or do they have different jurisdictions?

They are the federal police but also serve as provincial prolice in provinces that don't have their own, like every provinces but Québec and Ontario. The Mounties are pretty big in New-Brunswick, also.

They basically preform the sames tasks as the ATF and FBI, as well as typical on-the-street policing if the city in question doesn't have its own force.

JUST

Which is completely fucked. You would NEVER have the FBI pulling over drunk drivers and responding to domestic disturbances in Buttfuck, Nowhere. But the RCMP do, whenever some jurisdiction just doesn't feel like paying for their own police force. It shouldn't be allowed, our federal cops should be able to act like a federal force.

they're criminals desu

their purpose is to mount

This.

t. Huang

t. John "mounties are sooo Canadian xD" Smith

Nothing wrong with my name lad

He's more likely a chug from the reserve or north Winnipeg

reminder that the RCMP has literally committed arson and stolen explosives to plant them on people they didn't like

Did you watch this as a kid in Canuduh, or was it banned?

They are our FBI

They're under the federal government. They police provinces/territories/towns that don't have their own police forces, and they work alongside places that do (Ontario, Quebec, and to an extent Newfoundland all have provincial police).

They also perform roles similar to the FBI, SWAT, ATF, DEA, etc. In the past they were also practically our intelligence agency as well (today CSIS performs this role). They've also fought in wars as a military regiment. Even today they have some similarities to a paramilitary force (e.g. RCMP officers for instance are considered to be veterans and are honoured at Remembrance Day ceremonies). They also have a different ranking system than other police forces in Canada.

The guy pulling you over isn't doing FBI stuff.

Federal Police, basically. To put it in perspective for you, they perform a combination of roles similar to that of the FBI, ATF, DEA, etc....

They have roles everywhere in the country, but also are the primary police force for provinces or cities without their own police force.

They are a very bureaucratic entity and I personally have a lot of hate for them in that regard. They try to make and influence the law, when they should shut the fuck up and just enforce them like they are supposed to.

That being said I have respect for the non-bureaucratic, "boots on the ground" part of the RCMP. They are easily one of the most well trained Police forces on the planet

That's an awful lot of power in the hands of so few.

I'd be stocking up on guns and ammoe.

They're like the FBI.

I liked that movie as a kid

>being a boot licker

All I remember them from is cartoons as a kid

>go to the UK
>British woman cutting my hair
>she tells me that mounties are sexy
>I was 12 years old at the time
>tfw

>going to another country for a haircut