You have 10 seconds to name a rock band from the last 25 years that is both critically acclaimed and culturally...

You have 10 seconds to name a rock band from the last 25 years that is both critically acclaimed and culturally relevant. Please note that commercial success is not synonymous with cultural relevance.

Impossible Mode: No Nirvana.

Oh wait, you can't.

R.I.P Rock

Please note:
>The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the Stone Age, The Mars Volta, Franz Ferdinand, The Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Bloc Party, The Libertines, Blur, Pulp, Suede, and Interpol are not culturally relevant, all of them are fad artists associated with a certain 3-5 year timespan with no real longevity or standing cultural relevancy. You're not going to hear their music being played at a high school dance or have a large number of normies sharing them on Facebook the way you would a contemporary hip hop artist like Drake or Kendrick Lamar.
>Jack White is not a culturally relevant artist. Seven Nation Army may be a culturally relevant track but having only one culturally relevant track indicates a lack of longevity and thus a lack of cultural relevance as artists. See also: Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Los Del Rio (not rock artists but it's a fair analogy).
>Muse, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Tool, Kings of Leon, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Blink-182, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Mumford & Sons, and Red Hot Chili Peppers are not critically acclaimed.
>The Flaming Lips, Sufjan Stevens, Tame Impala, The National, The Hold Steady, Dinosaur Jr, Deerhunter, Mac DeMarco, Porcupine Tree, Beach House, Ween, Titus Andronicus, Bon Iver, Pixies, Spoon, Pavement and Modest Mouse appeal to a far too niche demographic to be considered culturally relevant. This is also true for all metal.
>R.E.M., Bruce Springsteen, and U2 have not been critically acclaimed in the last 25 years.
>LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead and Arcade Fire are not rock bands

DEVO idiot

WOMEN

i know this is a shitty pasta, but pic related.

sup

Vampire Weekend
Peter Gabriel

this pasta makes me cringe

MSP were never culturally relevant to anyone outside of the UK, and even there they never even came close to Blur/Oasis-level popularity.
I don't think they ever even toured the US.

Slipknot
Korn
Primus
Ween

>You may pick any band except the ones that fit my criteria
Good one OP

Weird Al Yankovic

This pasta is retarded, all you're doing is moving the goalposts. Contemporary rock music is not about critical acclaim or cultural relevancy because rock music is indeed dead - but simply dismissing a load of artists as 'niche' because they're part of the underground shows how shallow you're being about all of this. 'Rock music is dead' doesn't mean 'culturally irrelevant and creatively barren', it just means its no longer a constitutive part of popular culture, which is actually a good thing because it liberates artists from the need to rely on easy songwriting or conventional aesthetics to grasp the immediate attention of the public.

take pic related for example, its a modern masterpiece BECAUSE its a rock album that embraces the death of rock - it sounds like a self-aware frankenstein reanimating a monster out of decomposing bits of flesh from all over

Are people still replying to this troll?

How new are you guys?

you just replied to him too, look

guns n roses

>take pic related for example, its a modern masterpiece BECAUSE its a rock album that embraces the death of rock - it sounds like a self-aware frankenstein reanimating a monster out of decomposing bits of flesh from all over

you sure are trying very hard to dignify a shitty little post-punk revival record

classic pasta

Death from Above 1979
Also how are Chili Peppers not critically acclaimed? They're overrated yes but they are acclaimed.

MGMT

>Death from Above 1979
>culturally relevant

>R.E.M., Bruce Springsteen, and U2 have not been critically acclaimed in the last 25 years.
But they all have been critically acclaimed in the last 25 years you silly man

who cares seriously
its sad that someone spent time to type all that out

Porcupine Tree

Steven Wilson's solo career has blossomed into a new level of musical mastery. Hand. Cannot. Erase. is so fucking good, and topped the charts for weeks in several countries too.

If you are some uneducated faggot go listen to PTree or SW, all their music is fucking cool.

While it's true that PTree is very niche, (ESPECIALLY THEIR EARLY WORK HOLY SHIT) Steven Wilson's solo releases have been not only increasingly approachable to normies outside the loop but also just as unique.

tldr: Yeah porcupine tree is kinda niche but steven wilson's solo releases are what's up. If you haven't heard Hand. Cannot. Erase. you haven't heard the latest prog rock masterpiece

>Radiohead isn't a rock band

eh, I give you a 3/10 since I replied. try harder next time

>name a rock band from the last 25 years that is both critically acclaimed and culturally relevant
>don't pick the biggest most obvious one because reasons
>all the other bands that fit this definition don't count because reasons
OP is a fag

>Bruce Springsteen, and U2 have not been critically acclaimed in the last 25 years.

Springsteen has enjoyed plenty of acclaim during the past few 25 years and U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind is generally regarded as the 3rd best album the band ever made by critics(after Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree).

I like you

were nirvana actually "culturally relevant" or was 80s hair metal just really shit

Both are true