Does music actually have a substantial impact on people?

For instance, are young black men in turmoil right now because they look up to poc related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/752W9M-ZNfc
youtube.com/watch?v=WiAUjBXpoJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Of course it has an impact everything you're influenced by has an impact.

An impact deep and real enough to say that something needs to change?

But I don't look up to Chief Keef...

how old is he

Probably 21 or 22. He was like 16 when I was 19, and I'm 25 now.

*some young black men

both wrong
3 hunnid

Damn youre actually right

i mean he certainly didn't help but he's a product of the situation if anything

>poc related
Fucking kek

why is he standing like he's a toddler

True but right after glo gang popped off and chief keef was on top the murder rate started rising significantly and now its still on the up.

Yeah this. Some people let music influence them too much, in this case it's the minorites

I'm 21, 90% of what I listen to is hiphop
I have no 0 interest in smoking weed
0 interest in cocaine or selling it
0 interest in thots or hoes
0 interest in weapons
0 interest in thuggin'
0 interest in being out here in these streets

I dunnoe senpai I think i'm pretty good.

>0 interest in hoes

Nigga u gay.

Yea but do you live in a nice environment?

I bet you've had sex before though.

>0 interest in thots or hoes
wew lad

word? there's probably a lot of other things to that too though

well part of it is that a large audience of his music is kids

an other thing is that people in the same situation as him before he blew up see someone like that getting successful and see as a lane for them to be successful themselves

Hoes as in literally hoes. Nigga I'm fine with all sorts of females

Yea I do desu, but that wasn't part of the question

Yea but it shows that you dont relate to the things talked about in the music. People in bad areas hear this shit, relate to it and then get inspired

this. get all the niggers listening to NWA and they'll all start killing police because none of their niggaz are going to tell them to stop

You're right but in this case I'm talking about people going out and joining gangs and shit cause the artist says it's cool.

W-what that Jeezy song say nigga? Last time I checked I was the MAN on these streets.
Yea yea that shit right there i'm tryna be the nigga in the streets

>literally hoes
are you talking about fucking gardening tools

well that's been a problem for like 15 years at least, but with that said most people that only join gangs because they heard it in a song aren't the ones doing much damage

Whoever these "some black men" that look up to Chief Keef outside of trolling needs to be forced into re-education.
He built an entire music career advocating pessimistic emotions and blatant violence, ten times more than the average rapper.

Theres more than just "some black kids" listening to chief keef and now theres thousands of similiar acts all inspired by him. Ask and new wave rapper right now and they say theyre inspired by him

You people really don't fucking get it. People into crime because of their environment. Music, Rap especially has little effect on dangerous youths in the ghetto. If anything, it actually inspires them to be rappers themselves and leave the ghetto. Chief Keef lives in a big ass mansion in a rich part of LA. Completely far from the south side of Chicago. This isn't the case of Monkey see monkey do.

I think many would argue that to some degree it is a case of monkey see monkey do. When yoi have no one to look up to and you see someone like chief keef and all your friends want to be like him, youre bound to join in

Old enough for kisses

I absolutely believe the music, and the image sold, has a huge effect on young black kids. Music can define your whole culture and life direction as a youth. Where did the term being a "savage" get popularized? Music.

That's the thing. There's a difference between listening to someone and actually be inspired by them.

Chief Keef was originally supposed to be a one-hit wonder, but then a boatload of famous rapper kept co-signing him because it was the "trendy" thing to do.

And now 4 years later it all backfired and now we have thousands of mini-Chief Keefs flooding the hip-hop airwaves.

They used to look up to Tupac and Kurt Cobain So yeah music has an impact.
now they either want to be Young thug clones or Drake.

lol look how high Drake's soles are

>lol

Re-read Rule 2 and 3.

Honestly he wouldn't be a bad role model of white people didn't put him in that situation

>When yoi have no one to look up to and you see someone like chief keef and all your friends want to be like him, youre bound to join in

If a person wants to be like cheif keef, they'll be RAPPERS like chief keef. Pretty fucking simple here. Didn't Eminem teach you anything

youtu.be/752W9M-ZNfc

>Raptors

Drake's unloyalty knows no bounds.

>I'm okay with being a cuck

Not when said rapper is seen living the life they see every day. Its not only the rapper part theyre inspired by its the idea that he might really be in the streets like them.

Every new rappers from the streets sound Like Chief Keef variation :future young thug Lil Yatchy Kodak Black 21 savages are others. That guy had an amazing career ahead of him and fucked up by being a total nigg about it.
He's a buisnessman but he's way more transparent about it than Jay-z ever was.
youtube.com/watch?v=WiAUjBXpoJk
look at this shit.

Nops.

That kind of music just reflects the social existence, i.e, social relationships, ideology, values and so on of the people that made those music. The music can't be a product of itself, the music it's a product of a given culture.

That said, black men who are like young thug are nothing but the product of the same culture who created the music.

>Its not only the rapper part theyre inspired by its the idea that he might really be in the streets like them.

Are you retarded? Everybody know CK isn't in the streets anymore. He wouldn't even step 2 feet in Chicago without making sure theres bodyguards around him. Ever since he got famous, people in the ghetto wants his head. Rappers from the ghetto get more recognition by rapping about their struggles from the ghetto. By doing that, they get rich. By getting rich of music alone, there's no need to be a life in violence anymore. That's a big reason why a lot of them go into music.

Yes.... Anymore. When he first popped off he was shooting videos on house arrest flashing guns. Theres a killion more chief keefs now anyway nobody cares of hes not in chicago anymore.

>That guy had an amazing career ahead of him and fucked up by being a total nigg about it.

His career was doomed to him simply acting like a total nigg. The new generation supports him(and other rappers) playing the ignorant card because they're too obsessed with being anti-old school to notice they're ruining their own music.

Now you got rappers like Lil Yatchy saying they never heard a 2pac or Biggie song with pride.

>Theres a killion more chief keefs now anyway nobody cares of hes not in chicago anymore.

>Now

Newsflash : before Drill Music was founded, Chicago always had been a violent city. There were Chief Keefs before Chief Keef started grade school.
Before his fame, it was just an average kid with a gun in the South Side. Not new. The good thing about Chief Keef is that when he rise into superstar dome , a lot more drill rappers came to the limelight and got more recognition off of CK's success. In a way, he's an inspiration to rappers in Chicago

which one was first?

>When people try to pretend like 2pac is the cornerstone of "lyrical rap"

they're dumb like animals, so i wouldn't be surprised if they were easily manipulated by something like music.

Are you sure he didn't bring the dreads, true religion, and soccer windbreaker savage style?

rofl

2pac is political pop rap at best but he has more hits than biggie so people think he's better when Biggie was way more skilled and did more for Hip Hop and music than 2pac. Kendrick Lamar is a better 2pac than 2pac ever was.

music itself is a product of power relations

>black people

kek

I got no problem with Tupac being a truly inspirational figure. The kind that you couldn't help but listen to. And that if he was still alive probably would have done some major things.

But as far this "lyrical" shit goes, or whatever people mean when they keep bringing that term up (I personally think they're idiots), I don't get how the fuck they keep citing him. They have to be idiots. Have they examined the lyrics? As well as how he seems to get this pass for totally NOT being about and growing up in "that life". He wasn't about anything street or tough or hood. He was an outsider who came in and wanted to do big things, and make great music/art. But I guarantee if Tupac, or Biggie even, went on any of these radio DJ's show and were asked to freestyle and "spit those bars", they couldn't do it. Mainstream hip hop opinion is so fucked up.

freestyling is such an awful metric for hip hop music. You can make a freestyle with all sorts of punch-lines and disses which rhyme but it doesn't have to SOUND good, it just has to be in accordance with the beat. Biggie was great because of his silky smooth run-on lines and his personality. Even if you don't agree with how he lived you can't help but like him when you're listening to Ready To Die because his flow sounds so sexy and he puts his personality front and center, right down to Suicidal Thoughts.

I agree. And yet when Yachty couldn't freestyle all day at Hot97, Ebro said 'that means he's not rap!!"

>Biggie
Biggie verse are most of the time freestyles

Biggie specifically said he couldn't freestyle, and was all about writing and creating a record and concept, and then going and spitting it

He's kinda right
Yachty's more about aesthetic far more than skill. Which isn't a bad thing, not every painter focuses on symbolism, sometimes they just want to make something beautiful

Of course used to support black people but now I just think they are a fucking joke, the ones that aren't dumb are cool but the coons are literally giving the kkk a reason to still exist, they are fucking disgusting, but I'd still fuck their beautiful ebony women

>Black
>Favorite musician is Phil Elverum

How should I feel about this?