Post albums with good art

No Sup Forumscore.

Would really appreciate a higher quality scan on this one.

Looks like ass

Let's see some of yours

Shit taste.

Go be a faux-artsy fedora somewhere else.

>cringey nu metal shit
Back to

>shit taste samefag

It's a rap album, dickweed

And that looks terrible. First it was lame contemporary art projects and now a picture of a lake that was photoshopped by a 5th grader. I don't know what you consider "good album art" but you just sound like a pretentious nu-male.

I was actually the one who posted Timestretch, never even heard of the other one.

ur taste in visuals and visual design is just as subpar as ur taste in music
fucking embryos

Stop

>not posting
spsh

AMM-related albums are basically cheating

Ugly af

The griz and Mastadon aren't that bad

I didn't post Bestiary.

>AMM-related albums are basically cheating
True

>being maximalist means it's maximalist to a disadvantage
>being underwhelming makes it better

You represent everything that is insufferable about this board and music in general. Go tip your fedora into /r/indieheads or something you dumb hipster.

just fuck this thread up

>unironically posting M83
>unironically using the word hipster
>You represent everything that is insufferable about this board
I refuse to comment on this post.

Wow, 3rd grader's depiction of a cat on a bright red background

Beautiful, how did they come up with it

Lame ass album cover and opinions. Maximalism is overrated in album cover design.
No joke there's something to be said about the diy rap cover aesthetic, but not there.
>I'm intentionally shitting up this thread

kek

>bitter samefag
lol you having a bad day or something?

ebin

>No Sup Forumscore

Good taste.

>unironically posting M83
We're posting album art.

>unironically using the word hipster
Being too dumb to understand what a hipster is doesn't mean you're not a hipster.

It doesn't mean someone with a handlebar moustache that drinks out of a mason jar, it means a pretentious person that explicitly goes out of their way to look different.

>I refuse to comment on this post.
I'm only dedicating mental cycles to replying to you because your faux-intellectual horseass has bad implications beyond itself. People like you and your reddit-ism absolutely ruined this board past 2012.

Holy shit I didn't know Aes was in a super group

>try to talk about literally anything outside of the Sup Forumscore
>this makes the Sup Forumstant feel threatened
WAKE ME UP

Yeah it's not really anything to write home about though. You'll probably get a chuckle here and there but it's really forgettable.

>M83
>Tyler, the Creator
>People like you and your reddit-ism absolutely ruined this board
uh

dude

er, no. I'm the one saying that Sup Forums is full of pretentious babies

thank, you too

>babby's first post-rock
>babby's first alt rap
>babby's first radio pop

terrible album, great art

nah fuck that cover

hehe

You completely missed the point again, congratulations.

Enjoying something reddit enjoys isn't inherently a bad thing. The premise of that insult is that redditors are pretentious and they like those things for disingenuous reasons. You are no different.

You have literally the worst aesthetic taste possible

that'd be sick if it weren't for the text and pointless fucking zig zag on the bottom

Your vested interest in board identity and distinguishing yourself from reddit is really sad and pathetic. Like we're up to several paragraphs of this shit in a thread about album art. Seriously, what is wrong with you? You're bothered that what, someone has different taste in visual aesthetics? Take some deep breaths, man. Jesus Christ.

We're posting album art.

>literally a photo of ants climbing on a dilapidated plant

I'd say "I don't understand you people" but that would be saying there's anything to understand. You're just pretentious neckbeards that believe something being obscure makes it good, and for no tangible or well thought out reason.

Not really the best ever, but it pulls the album together imo

Good album, OP. I haven't listened to Lapses in ages.

that palette is great

holy fucking shit dude

Tootin' my own horn here for a sec, this I made for a live bootleg of MC5's Black to Comm.

p fond of it

never was a huge fan of that cover desu.

It's just cropped and edited from a poster btw, but it turned out nice

No, I'm not mad because people have a different opinion than me. I'm "mad" (I'm not) because I think they're being disingenuous. eg pretentious.

Also because they're being obnoxious and smug.

Saying something doesn't make it true.

If you have an argument of some kind I'm happy to hear it.

Wait, so you're new here? Is that why you're only posting shitty art / shit music?

I'm dead serious, do you have autism? Why are you so distraught over album art? I sincerely don't understand.

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

There really is no cover more fitting than this.

You only post albums that are either aesthetic cliches, stupidly over maximalistic, or albums that look like a shitty Instagram post.

>I'm "mad" because I think they're being disingenuous. eg pretentious.
This is called projecting.

There was hardly even any dialogue in this thread to begin with when you started posting. You had no premise to believe they were being insincere, but you thought they were because you're insecure.
>they're being obnoxious and smug.
Probably in response to you being a dick and (honestly) having dogshit taste.

Also
>No Sup Forumscore

Lurk more or something. I dunno what to tell you.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that making a well thought out argument makes you autistic.

Cool people (like you) just make nebulous snarky quips.

worst Minutemen album coming through

>Saying something doesn't make it true.
what is easily asserted is freely deserted, it's not worth responding honestly

That gorillaz album cover is cliche as fuck tho, and not even that aesthetically appealing despite the minimal design

not sure if this was supposed to be a shitpost but I really enjoy that cover

yah im a big fan

You should have used a different font and colour. It completely clashes with the picture, and not in a good way.

>more fucking dadrock
>Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that making a well thought out argument
Stop right there, user.

You dropped your hat.

I enjoy it as-is

no mucore pls

Love this.

It wasn't, I really love the b movie aesthetic

oh cool me too

LOL

This a cringe thread?

nice art actually

Are the autists done arguing yet so I can continue looking at album covers without people yelling at me for being pretentious?

some more whitespace

Yep, that's the definition of the word hipster I said was bad.

The premise and why that term was created was something completely different and it proceeded to get used and abused by the people it was supposed to shun.

>aesthetic cliches
That doesn't make it bad.

Most of the other ones in this thread are cliches too, nondescript contemporary art projects.

>stupidly over maximalistic
I don't really think so but that's your opinion. They're colorful and vibrant but in a consistent way, it's not like there's different elements that clash with eachother.

Maybe it's just not your speed.

>or albums that look like a shitty Instagram post
So it's bad because of affiliation to Instagram. AKA the thing that's hip and popular. Spoiler, it isn't.

Make a more sound rebuttal and I'll do the same.

hopefully. cool cover

This has been the only Sugimoto album I've been able to sink my teeth into and I looooove it.

Would appreciate some recs if you got em.
This is fantastic.