Playing guitar for the long the skin of your finger tips slowly peels off

>playing guitar for the long the skin of your finger tips slowly peels off

So like, a week?

does that hat say Kawaii or Hawaii?

This
Opee this only happened to me the first like 5 times I played the guitar lol

I feel like it takes a little longer to build up good calluses for bass guitar because the strings are so much thicker.

>playing guitar for so long that you literally drool all over yourself

>when you play guitar for so long you cant hear your mother getting beat anymore

>playing guitar so long you know the e major pentatonic

So like, a week?

is it worth it?
should I keep going?
I know some itaots songs and karma police by radiohead but I also want to learn to play the keyboard

the thing is I have an acoustic guitar and a 3 octaves microkey , and I want to git gud at one of them and I dont have money to buy both a guitar and a keyboard

I would buy an electro acustic guitar
the kind that have steel strings

holy shit this

>playing so fiercely onstage you slice your hand open on the strings and bleed all over your guitar
>tfw still don't stop playing

The more instruments you know how to play, the better, really.

So like, a week?

>playing guitar for the long your body decomposes the room you are in dilapidates and falls apart the human race dies out the world around you dies and turns to a lustless barren wasteland and from the ashes rises a new apex predator species who build a statue around your fossilised frame forever cradling your guitar which is placed in a museum commemorating the failures of the past

So like, a week?

>playing guitar for so long and vigorously that it causes pain, numbness, and a feeling of electrical shock

it hurts to be honest lads, can't quit playing music though or I will explode, what do?

>strumming the guitar with your thumb until you develop a blister
>tfw i always rip the blister off and feel that sweet sweet plasma seep out
>have one right now that's almost healed
>stick to picks people

>Playing guitar for that long y

Get a thumb pick, dummy

>playing guitar for so long you finish playing a song

>playing trumpet for so long the mouthpiece crushes your lower lip against your teeth and it turns blue

why did you make me practice so much mom

>playing guitar for so long that the now exposed bone of your fingers functions as a slide

Been playing for 17 years and I don't even have feeling in my fingertips and what you're describing hasn't happened to me since the first week playing.

yeah but should I learn guitar or piano first?
what do you think Sup Forums?

did you hold your cheeks or balloon them?

hid a what?

Well, you could learn an instrument that will inherently teach you about harmony, counterpoint, proper dynamic expression, complicated chord voicings, and is an accepted standard for electronic music production giving you an almost unlimited potential range of timbre and expression

or you could learn the guitar, which your dad thought was pretty cool back when people had to use a carrier pigeon to quickly send a message to one another.

youre right user
plus if I buy a keyboard, I can manage with an acoustic guitar. but I wont get much better with 3 octaves

The only thing guitar has over piano is that its a bit sexier and thats only if youre really good. Being bad at an instrument is about as sexy as a damp hamburger. Anyway piano is both easier to learn and 100x more versatile

>friends are very creative musicians
>we all have music tastes that vibe well and good chemistry
>they invite me to be in their band
>they all jam and write really well together
>I have no idea how to play an instrument so I sit in the fucking corner hitting a plugged out keyboard pretending to contribute

I'm retarded. they used to joke about how I'm the deak of the band but I'm not even because I'm a loser who has nothing else to do so I show up to all the rehearsals. I'm the fucking GEO

get a thumb pick or let your finger nails grow out

Just go do something else you gigantic blogposter

Learn how to make drum beats in Ableton

it says hawaii senpai

don't listen to the plebs, thumb strumb is the patrician choice

>can't bend, slide, or vibrato
>no strumming, so you just gotta jam the keys like an autist for more complicated rhythms
>is for gays
Not to mention other techniques that are impossible to pull off on keys, face it you drooling synth sperg, your instrument is a pussy repelling piece of shit that attracts the most pretentious of pseudo intellectuals searching for le superior instrument.

>being this assblasted
Piano is just superior
Go back to play your metallica covers kiddo

>playing one guitar for so long the paint wears away
is there any greater feel?

>Playing bass so long guitar feel like a child's toy

>playing upright bass so long you develop back and joints pains

learn how to play the keyboard?

plug it in

>plugged out

>make friends with them
>they ask if I play anything, I say I play guitar ok
>they say how I look like some 70s rockstar and ask if I want to get involved and maybe do some singing too
>too shy to say yes
>skip ahead 1 year
>now I actually have the confidence to get involved they've found someone else and are starting to get reasonably big in the local scene
>I occasionally get to play some percussion at jams

*>meet band at uni and make friends with them

>picks
plebeian

but is playing with the thumb skin that gives that warm cool timbre. using your finger nail is kinda like using a pick