/eg/ - Elitism General

You've got good taste, time to show off.

>No Sup Forumscore.
>No tripcodes.
>No RYM usernames.
>No spergs.

Discuss / reccomend / share patrician albums ONLY.

Other urls found in this thread:

aoutlo.bandcamp.com/track/moniak
youtube.com/watch?v=CCruCXZD0pU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoOIbVROig
soundcloud.com/upset-the-rhythm/4-the-search-for-um-gris-1
gausse.bandcamp.com/album/fractura
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_classical_music
youtube.com/watch?v=rq1IJjMY4kQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VetVwwyRq58
youtube.com/watch?v=XiDR87-HRhA
youtube.com/watch?v=DWGjYg2LmZQ
jstor.org.secure.sci-hub.cc/stable/40374510…
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hell ya

patrician checking in

underrated as FUCK

Everyone post your favorite throat singing album / comp.

fuck off

lol

kid lookin' p scary

Curious to see if anyone has heard of Pop Maru, they were a one-album post punk/avant garde jazz band on wasp records in the 80s.

No but I'm copping that rec.

Pic related is another avant post punk band you're probably aware of.

so patrician 99% of Sup Forums doesn't know what this is

tell us about it user

aoutlo.bandcamp.com/track/moniak

>bandcamp
dropped

>means of distribution
>dropped

>self promotion

Probably one of the most well known throat singing albums, but it's amazing. It's features a Bulgarian women's' choir that adds a lot.

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=CCruCXZD0pU

it's music from my city

STOP RIGHT THERE

Just listened to this masterpiece

Just listened to this quintessential masterpiece

why

black metal aesthetics > you

>smoke weed
>read nietzsche
>listen to black metal
Lads...

Djakovce?

Pic related is the best Darkthrone album and one of the best black metal albums of all time.

Jesus fucking christ this is such a dick-measuring contest

You won

>clicks on /eg/ - Elitism General
>Jesus fucking christ this is such a dick measuring contest
>trips
Kill yourself.

I'm dead fucking serious.

Ah yes. Who hasn't heard of Lemon Kittens? They're very big on he post-avant punk scene.

>hub for piss-poor amature musicias
>dropped

i liked it but

>unironically posting rawk and rap albums in /eg/
Neuter yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoOIbVROig

soundcloud.com/upset-the-rhythm/4-the-search-for-um-gris-1

Any rock-in-opposition fans on Sup Forums?

>mfw best taste in these threads aside from boldfaure and my friends from weebteam and stillwavy
>mfw gone to places with music you people don't even know EXIST and i want to help you people but you're so damn focused on your meta-memes like cretins with no personality
>mfw there are so many people in these threads who haven't experienced sexual intercourse yet
>mfw i'm so baked right now it's not even funny

(pic related; man in the back/behind My Bitch)

t. plebeian.

this album is a masterpiece

for the people that know and appreciate it - do you have any recommendations

Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music, yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music, to avoid the uncomfortable situation where the butt rock dude or the druggy EDM boy gets anal pained when they are told the great masters are better than their shitty hedonistic hero.

Instead of white guilt, in the music world there is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the standards for other kinds of music to compensate and preserve our dream of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and the compositional talent and imagination displayed, which is all that counts in the end when we have to say what is worth being saved and what not, is infinitely superior in classical music than in any other form of music.

If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400? most music is barely a 1 to 3, the Beatles fall in here and so do most other popular music with very few exceptions that reach a 4, even a 5. Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters. Then 9 and 10 are reserved for the highest achievements of human race like Beethoven's late string quartets or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos.

>amature
>dropped

this desu famalam

Jandek is absolute garbage. Throwing feces at a wall will yield results with more artistic and creative merit than Jandek's work.

classical music still lives in metal.

Get out

>Discover this band from a friend that visited Sup Forums daily from 2009-2011
>Used to be talked about often
>Now nobody cares to discuss them

Jellyfish.

metal only draws so many comparisons to classical music because most metal guitarists can't play anything outside of rigid scale arrangements, albeit very quickly and cleanly

Classical music still lives in Classical Music.

You've never heard this before but I assure you it's the greatest album of all time. It puts the work of Ornette Coleman and Don Van Vliet to shame. If you haven't heard this you surely don't know anything about music.

>responding to llb

And I thought Sup Forums was better...

Ame appreciation

listening to this now, it sounds chill as hell

guys
guys
guys

>put on beethoven's string quartets
>play super mario 64

jesus christ this is everything in the world

so baked rn

gausse.bandcamp.com/album/fractura

some guy I found through SC. interesting stuff.

I meditated to this album last night and it was one of the best meditations I have ever had... there really is a strong conveyance of wisdom and spirituality in this music. That is the main reason people don't understand The Contortionist, i think. Read the lyrics. These guys are pursuing a path of spirituality and knowledge, and if you're not pursuing a similar path, it's going to be really difficult to comprehend the message. They're speaking about unspeakable things. If you haven't had a spiritual experience beyond words, it takes a lot of open mindedness to grasp this music.

>le wrong genneration

i like the contorsionist but why meditate to their albums? how do you meditate exactly?

>ignorance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_classical_music

"our music was once ....
... but later (blah blah) ignorance"

literal lwrong generation

It's a dank new mem

I've never listened to a full album by this guy, but his music's dank

youtube.com/watch?v=rq1IJjMY4kQ

youtube.com/watch?v=VetVwwyRq58

I actually need to buy at least one of them, and'd be well happy to. Currently jobless but still

good thread idea, no trips means no dick sucking but also means posters with bad taste can't be ridiculed so it has its up's and downs but I think overall its good.
After the kiddies leave i'll post some stuff

you by default have the worst taste in the thread i hope you know

ahhh, to be on the ass end of a dying meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=XiDR87-HRhA

but

I don't understand this kind of circle jerking

You guys seem autistic

>poor
>relevant to anything

my neighborhood actually has a free distribution tradition dating back to like 10 years. bandcamp fits them like a glove

i take it as just people talking about bands they like Sup Forums otherwise wouldn't know about

My favourite album ever. What did you think of the Rediscovered stuff?

I meant poor as in shit.

forgot to mention that all their other albums suck

>talk about literally anything outside the pre approved Sup Forumscore
>AUTISM
>AVANT TEEN
>POSER
WAKE ME UP

this is nice

sorry you guys, forgot the link

youtube.com/watch?v=DWGjYg2LmZQ

luv the art

Fuck me how are people even posting in this thread it's full of cunts who are up their own arses

>tfw iktf

If you haven't heard this record fuck you listen to it

>

Here's a big ol' fuck you to everyone that hasn't listened to this album.

Gotta dl my man?

I actually like the lack of tripfaggots on this thread.

That's really the only problem with /daily/.

This general has some potential.

this album is in every single record store discount bin without fail

true

Not sure if anyone here is interested in this at all, but here goes my rant. I found this pretty dry and boring but also kind of interesting (?) set of papers. One that sorta tortured my tushie (saying there is no relation between the civil rights movement and the emergence of free jazz). And another in response to the first one, that named all my objections to the initial paper, saying that music or any cultural expression does not exist in a vaccuum, and that ideas in a cultural zeitgeist often is found expressed in the arts from the same period, intentionally or not.
also, COME ON, "one of The MOST INFLUENTIAL scholars in jazz history" is (not stating directly, but) implying that the first musicians that played free form jazz was white, and that some of the most prominent black free jazz musicians started playing free jazz because they didn't know how to play "proper jazz". Like, he cites sources and all and every fact seem well supported, but it also seem to have no real relevancy to the issue in his paper, and im sure that if you stack the same facts in a different manner, it wouldve made for a much more nuanced and sympathetic argument.
I'm just amazed that the (bad guy) who the other (good guy) called "one of the most influential scholars in jazz history" has written a paper that just boils down to "come on, bro! dont politicize it, its just music!" Like i had heard that academia sometimes contains lots of bs, but this is pretty bad, isnt it.?
-- Heres the paper that is bad: jstor.org.secure.sci-hub.cc/stable/40374510…
-- and heres the response paper: jstor.org.secure.sci-hub.cc/stable/40374510…

Idk
idk
Detest it.
Dont know.
Dislike it.
dislkie it
Detest it
idk
dislike
dislike it
dislike
dislike
WTf
dont know
uh??
Yes.
haha
dislike it

This thread sucks.

listened to this some hours ago before i went out to play football. goddamnit sonny sharrock is great.

>having autism
>he thinks people care about his opinion

He's just doing what the thread asks of him though

You're a pretentious twat.

>Discuss / reccomend / share patrician albums ONLY.

Is he doing either of these three things?

>You've got good taste, time to show off.

Is he showing of his taste?

you're an idiot

Yet i dont like pretentious music?!?!

Wow dude you're SO cool because you hate everything xD

lol this dude has got a tiny peepee i tell ya what. back in my neighborhood we woulda called him a teeny peepee nigga.