m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUSwOGkRRw
YA DONT WANNA SEE MAN WHEN MI GET EVIL THEN
THEN
THEN
THEN

you should, its full of bangers

HOLY SHIT LISTENING TO MESH CINEREAL FOR THE FIRST TIME RN

IT'S LIKE ELYC6 0NSET ONLY WAY BETTRR

Confield >>> Elseq 1-5 > Chiastic Slide > LP5 > Oversteps > Untilted >> Draft 7.30 > Tri Repetae > Exai > Incunabula >>> Quaristice > Amber

if you wanted to incite actual discussion about this group then why just post pictures of their covers, which I assume everyone in this thread have already seen before? like...for what purpose.....

more like Lolkekker

so lads

gescome or ae?

anyone else get the feeling sean is in some /ae/ threads? the things certain posters say, and their typing style... seems a LOT like sean's watmm posts

i don't think he's in this one but i'm sure i've spotted him in other threads!

oy ill ring yer neck m8 if you dont make me a cup o tea and send it to me in manchester at "ae_hq, manchester, postcode EP7 LP5"

ae, obviously. gescom is underrated as fuck and i love the diy hip-hop vibe (which is why envane / chiastic are 2 of my fav ae releases) but they got pretty inconsistent after around '98 or so.

i'd love to know which members collaborated on each track / release. anyone have any theories? any tracks emit a particularly strong rob/sean vibe to you guys?

Most people seem to give autechre the most credit for their 90's work but I do think this is one their better albums

shit ranking m8

>start getting into Autechre
>really like it
>the other day my friend recs me a couple of indie albums
>want to enjoy them but I keep getting drawn back to the inhuman beeps and bloops of autechre

anyone else experience this?

Threadly reminder that elseq is their best alb

Yes

"It's stupid, it means absolutely nothing! Worse, I think it is a racist term to denigrate black dance music, the original Detroit techno, and assert that England was born a different European electronic music, emotional, civilized."

>"It's horribly arrogant", supported Rob. "This is ridiculous! I want nothing to do with it, it's depressing to know that this term is widely used" concludes Sean.

what did they mean by this?

imagine being inspired by detroit techno and electro music, making some of your own, then having a bunch of smug music journalists refer to what you make as "Intelligent Dance Music"

detroit techno is underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=zlw4DtrUOjU

Most people seem to give autechre the most credit for their 90's work

Completely wrong, also Confield is widely regarded as one of their best

Elseq 5 finally clicked for me yesterday. The second track is amazing

Critics/writers and most of the GP definitely regard their '90s work, maybe barring the underrated Chiastic Slide, as their best. Confield is the exception, though Exai garnered a lot of acclaim as well.

About to out myself as an old fuck, but I remember there was definitely a period between 2003 - 2010 where people just totally lost interest in them due to trends and shifting public interests and such. Oversteps seem to draw a lot people in (both old fans and new ones) and the enthusiasm surrounding them sort of got reinstated. This is just based on my personal observations.

Hello belgium-user!

Found an interview from 2008 that I'd never heard before:

archive.org/details/PaulMorleysGuideToMusicalGenresGlitchAutechre

>that fucking Sean laugh at :46

2 months until the euro tour starts...who hyped?

God I love this record so much

This this this

already made covers for future bootlegs :^)

hallo

who knows lad...maybe they've gotten so efficient that they'll be able upload the soundboards to their store within days...

i love how squarepusher shits on these guys in every way possible, art style, production, sales, talent, and even looks in real life, no true fan of techno would deny this if you know warps history autechre have alway been embarassed by how bad they are compared to squarepusher. so sad they keep trying. damogen furies is a top 5 album in the past 25 years, most fans of idn will agree and only autechre dickriders will hate because they anre insecure because their favorite band cant even play a fucking real instrument lmao

Wel, Antwerp-user, I mean -3-

Listening to elseq 5 right now. Just really got into it yesterday, definitely gonna see them live in November.

made me chuckle

For almost 20 years...

Antwerpen represent!
Gade ze live zien in Gent?

Also elyc 6 0nset is like a track that forgets people are listening and just keeps going for itself

Nice troll user

Anyone else completely not get elyc 6 0nset?

Going to listen to it on my walk to work.

>Quaristice > Amber
fite me irl

vimeo.com/180475732

Check this video from this guy, it's very good.

nice...

>I love how Autechre shits on Squarepusher in every way possible, art style, production, sales, talent, and even looks in real life, no true fan of techno would deny this if you know warps history Squarepusher has alway been embarassed by how bad he is compared to AE. so sad he keeps trying. Elseq is a top 5 album in the past 25 years, most fans of idm will agree and only Squarepusher dickriders will hate because they are insecure because their favorite artist cant even program a fucking patch lmao