Al andalus

Today we honor our berber\arab heritage.
Post andalus music, architecture, historical figures, etc...

Inshallah

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=6Dt81X0iJvI&list=PLy-R4GocE1SiLR0sVKp5vuojeJnQNbVsU&index=4

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/República_de_Salé
youtube.com/watch?v=n55QVlBoDxI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

السلام عليكم

كل الحق

How do you guys deal with your undeniable Arab heritage? Do the people generally appreciate the traditions and culture that Al Andalus left you, or do you just not talk about it, and its considered more of a shameful thing in the past?

Nigga, dunno about Portugal but we make a shitton of monis thanks to our arabic heritage.

People in real life don't think about this kind of stuff.

People aprecciate the art, architecture and scientific advancements they brought.
However, they are always seen as invasors and as people that lacked in morals and had a fame of being pathological backstabbers and dishonest

Damn, that thing is beautiful.

Over here we don't have big arabian things. It's mostly some castles and small mosques at the south...

Christian kingdoms were backstabbing each other as well, that's why the reconquista was so slow.

You finished them too early. You should have allowed them to build stuff for you.

Sicilian here
we are proud of our arabic, berber heritage
pic related

fuckin mesmerizing desu

Yeah, pheraps. We were in a hurry because we had you guys ready to invade us at any time

> los moriscos «no fueron bien recibidos; llegaban vestidos a la española y hablando castellano; mezclaban sus nombres y apellidos cristianos con los arábigos; su fe musulmana les merecía tan escasa confianza que los llamaron «los cristianos de Castilla», y aunque esto fuera efecto de la malevolencia, sí es cierto que algunos moriscos se confesaron allí cristianos y sufrieron martirio».2 Esto último está recogido por algunos cronistas como Luis Cabrera de Córdoba:

> Se sabe que en tierras de Tetuán han apedreado y muerto con otros géneros de martirios a algunos moriscos que no habían querido entrar en las mezquitas con los moros.

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/República_de_Salé

Pobrecillos, lo que tuvieron que pasar. Alguien debería hacer una película.

Beautiful thread

as opposed to nowadays portugal?

>MUSLIM_SICILY.jpg
>clearly byzantine mural art
Carmine, I...

look at the ceiling you dumbfuck.
it's called 'Arte Arabo Normanna'. Muslim architects and artists worked for Norman kings after the conquest.
what you non-moor-blooded yuros fail to understand is that in Muslim Europe there was a great freedom of religion and multiculturality was welcome

nice thread

Today I honor killing you.

>yo let me post visigothic shit
>let me post shit built by visigoths and native spaniards!
No. No. No.

The Moors must die.

I must declare war on the Moorish people.

youtube.com/watch?v=n55QVlBoDxI

pic was built by Spaniards in the BC.

Illiterate savages were BTFO by Spaniards, to die fighting Moors honors my ancestors.

Great, the autistic CHI was summoned.

Funny thing is that this was drawn by a Spanish digital artist