We can all agree this is Death Grips' best project, right?

We can all agree this is Death Grips' best project, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11122131
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah. But definitely their most ambitious

You won't get a consensus, in fact I find a lot of people here don't like it at all.

But you're definitely right about it being their best.

It's not Government Plates

just found out that the top reviews on RYM hate it.

How can you dislike the masterpiece that is Up My Sleeves is beyond me

It's not No Hands

It's easily their best. It's the peak of their songwriting. The fractured, complex and glitchy production is easily the most ambitious and forward thinking the group has sounded. It contains many of Ride's best verses and has the best playing from Hill out of any release.

The only real complaint I can make about the songs is that they kind of blur together, but given the way that they transition into one another, that's clearly intentional. The album makes me feel like I'm inside some sort of malfunctioning super computer.

I've made the mistake of showing Up My Sleeves to people not acquainted with DG, and the typical response I get is something like "wtf this is awful" or "headache inducing"

The uh... abrasive surface qualities of Up My Sleeves prevent people from taking in and appreciating the masterwork below, I'm afraid.

It's the most patrician DG release. Honestly anyone that claims to be a fan of DG but doesn't recognize this as one of their best, if not their best work should be ashamed of themselves.

IMO yes it is, however good luck trying to get DG fans to agree on anything.
I wasn't into DG when NOTM dropped and I listened to it and remember getting hugely turned off, once I got into DG it became my favourite album. You're definitely right.

It's my favourite, followed by TMS.

While we're discussing this album, is there any other music like it?

The rest of DG's discography isn't quite the same thing, but I've no clue where to start with other artists who might have done anything similar.

Wriggle by clipping is the only similar thing I can think of and it's not really similar.

There isn't anything like it that I know of. There's probably some IDM out there that is at least comparable, but I doubt anything else really shares an incredibly similar sound.

NOTM>JD>NLDW>BP>TMS>EXM>GP
>other shit

NOTM>TMS>GP>NLDW>EXM>JD>FW>BP

i remember when this came out and everyone was hating it and calling me a pleb for saying it was their best.

now look at everyone

nah

NOTM>NLDW>GP>TMS>BP>JD>EXM

that was just because of the pitchfork 6.7, not because anyone had an actual valid opinion on it

Björk's vocals are all over it. So yes.

I love this album. Can anyone recommend me more afropunk?

oh yeah lmao i totally forgot pitchfork panned it

I DON'T WANNA!!!

strawpoll.me/11122131
strawpoll.me/11122131
strawpoll.me/11122131

Really shit review that was, as well. It gets panned because it didn't differentiate itself enough from past releases? How does that make any sense, NOTM is the most unique album in their discography so how do you criticize it for treading old ground.

20 years from now I believe it is gonna be looked back on as the most forward pushing release of theirs.

Then they go on to give JD 8.1 even though it's more like their pre-NOTM work lmao

GP>NOTM>BP>TMS>JD>EXM>NLDW

I DON'T WANNA

TAKE MY NAP

I DON'T WANNA

Up My Sleeves is the casual filter. It's funny to think how many people must have been sent running by that difficult first track, only to miss out on the heaven that comes straight afterwards.

Probably my most listented to album by them, the songs really start to grow on you the more youlisten toit

What? It's not at all like their pre-NOTM work.

i'd say second best after NLDW

ok