>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kqR4yNYWxx4
google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwi_hNOVgOzOAhUCKcAKHXV4ChIQtwIIJTAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs&usg=AFQjCNFgSGENvjC-l4uKVyDwdLLZR-QfVw&sig2=MxITWx8Pfo4XsyjQLI4A-Q&bvm=bv.131286987,d.ZGg
moore.org.au/pick/06/06_gobd.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

haha its shaped like a penis xDDDD

At least this is anime.

Tiny wang edition

HELL YEAH IT IS

What is the best pickup combination, and why is it HSP90?

It's probably a piece of shit but I kind of want it

>probably

>p90 polepieces radiused to match the strings
Holy fuck, exactly how snake oil thirsty are you?

They are, I fell for the meme since it was only $58 but still the workmanship was poor especially bridge placement and neck. Large amount of neck twist. Pickups were alright good for fuzzy distortion

>tfw finally getting that surf green Dr. Z 2x12 I've been GASing for a while for under $300 less than It was new

>and nobody cares

Grats user, why surf green?

>replying to yourself
how fast can you ms paint those (you)s out newfag? i'm gonna time you, ready? set! go!

Matches my Music Man 65 I thought I'd have to sell for it and my Super Champ x2

>did you design the circuit or did you find it online?
Found the schematics online. If you want to get into building pedals I recommend a site called tagboardeffects. There's plenty of stuff there, and it's all designed around stripboard so it's easy to make.

>Love the natural finish on that strat, but are those strings red?
Yeah lol, I have red and blue for a while, too.

Ok lad

gay

How is it snake oil to place the strings over the center of the magnetic field?

Honest question.

>Gibson guitars
>extremely expensive custom made guitars
>cheap low quality imported guitars
>tube amps
>expensive cables
>pedals
>especially boutique pedals
>extended range guitars
>especially any bass with more than 4 strings
>modeling amps

>center of the magnetic field
Oh fuck yes, thank you.

Post bass cords to
youtube.com/watch?v=kqR4yNYWxx4

Kek, same guy from last thread i presume?

Not a fan honestly. Bet it sounds great tho

Is there anything more pleb than a Fender Strat plugged straight into a Marshall Stack?

Might as well argue that the height of the pickup in relation to the string has no effect as well.

A Telecaster plugged into anything.

A squire into the lousiest ss marshall?

>now that he's had time to look it up on Google he's trying to move the goalposts
Nah, son. Now you look exactly like the snake oil guzzling moron you truly are.

Revel in it, you don't ever get to go back.

Any guitar into a keyboard amp.

Do you know how pickups work? Do you know why most bridges that arent total crap allow for string adjustment from side to side?

plug it into a rickenbacker.

C'mon, man. You're embarrassing yourself.

Why not just leave the pickups of the guitar entirely bro? You'd be doing the rest of us a favor.

i went for years hating teles then tried one out for shits and giggles in a guitar store a couple of years ago. I ended up buying it and never looked back.

What would happen if, instead of plugging the guitar into an amp, I'd plug it into another guitar's output? Do the soundwaves crash/would it do damage to the cable?

Ok, you're upset. Look, I understand. You embarrassed yourself and lost another argument online.

It happens sometimes, ok? Grow the fuck up.

Learn what rail pickups are as well - more consistent tone/volume when bending, why? Because the strings vibrations stay over the pole piece rail.

Yes the magnetic field is there regardless of the pole pieces but they effect the field, so height and side position matters. Not always by much but it does make a difference.

>implying that's my guitar

Guitar's don't typically have onboard power

>rail magnets
....um, which are flat and aren't radiused to match the strings.

But nice attempt at moving those goalposts again after you got BTFO.

im a different person you muppet

>I'm a different retard moving the goalposts
Welp. Congratulations, retard #2.

Is there a way to get rid of a nasal/hollow sound via the amp or is it pickup dependent?

I'm the first person, and I never moved any goalposts, kid. I simply related your non-argument to another situation with the same context, the context being the positioning of the pickup relative to the strings.

I mean you're obviously just trolling, but the magnetic field emanates form the poles in a fashion that is largely parallel to the neck, so yes, placement matters. Unless you're a smart guy like me and you use stuff like lace sensors.

THE JAZZ CLUB GUYS ARE FREAKING GOOD AND IM JUST A RETARD WHO TOOK A ROCKIST APPROACH TO JAZZ.

I need serious help with jazz chords, anyone got a vocabulary or dictionary of jazz chords I can borrow?

Does you amp have a 3 band EQ? Cut the highs a bit, boost the mids/low to taste.

As a left handed guy should I just force myself to play a right handed guitar pretty much like Jimi ?

Yea its pretty much the same

What happened user

People will forever compare you to Hendrix, though. Pretty sure he had to go with RH gits because of the frequency he trashed his gear and the rarity/cost of LH instruments at the time. Those arent factors that apply to most players.

Maybe get help from people in the club who are actually good instead of us?

There's no reason to Hendrix your guitar in the day of the internet.

Nope.

The original argument was about you adjusting your p-90 polepieces in a radius because you're a sucker who believes in magic snake oil.

We were never discussing the positioning of the pickup relative to the strings, that was you trying to move the goalposts after you Googled the effect a pickups polepieces had on a pickups magnetic field. After you realized those polepieces weren't magnets (or magnetic) you tried in vain to cover up your ignorance.

Nice try though, dumbass.

Daily reminder that nerd arguments are a waste of time.

I never googled anything, bro, and yes, the magnetic fields are centered on the pole pieces, regardless of if they're magnetic themselves.

And no, the "original argument" started when I asked a simple question, which you never answered.

Hmmm. Sounds like a preemptive excuse someone usually on the losing end of those arguments would use.

Ibanez S370 or S670? The 370 is about $150 less than the 670

But muh tonewoods

The same thing goes for people who post old reaction pictures and weak insults instead of making actual arguments.

Left handed guitars are more scarce and cost slightly more because of their scarcity. I'm a lefty and I learned how to play right handed. You should either do that or just restring a right handed guitar backwards so you can play it left handed, although you will also need to keep in mind you will need to flip the nut and the input jack will be in a weird spot.

Did you start buying guitars before the internet?

>the magnetic fields are centered on the pole pieces
No fuck they're not, you dumb shit. Watch, next you're going to use a single coil with six magnetic slugs to prove your "point" (lol).

how dense are you?

its not snake oil, moving the pole pieces in any direction (up/down/left/right/higher/lower/inyouranus) has an effect.

Randomly matching the neck's radius would be daft, but if you were listening to the changes and did it deliberate based on what you were hearing/trying to achieve then its worthwhile.

Most people who adjust each pole piece do them slightly uneven as this can be better even out the differences between pole pieces, but every guitar is different, and each player can achieve their own sound.

No goal posts moved by anyone, your just a twat.

I am the guy who mentioned rails, which are rail pickups not rail magnet as you previous noted. And by the way not all rails are flat, sometimes they are radiused too, theres so many different pickups manufacturers out there, and some of us make our own.

Are you in high school or what

what are some good albums to jam along to? Preferably jazz fusion, hard-bop, or blues.

Well I didn't consciously decide to play guitars right handed, I just played Guitar Hero beforehand and the controller was right handed so that's how I learned. It's what inspired me to play and I was already used to right handed guitar so that's what I bought. So no not before the internet.

>Watch, next you're going to use a single coil with six magnetic slugs to prove your "point" (lol).
You mean, prove the point? You do know that the poles on a p90 are connected to magnets, right?

I'd love to see you try and find a graph of a p-90 with the magnetic field being changed by moving the polepieces. Magnetic fields can be measured and observed.

Seriously, I'll wait.

I think he doesnt understand that the pole pieces change the magnetic field.

Someone should explain to him that if you place a piece of iron on a magnet for example, that iron now has a magnetic field and other things will stick to it while its attacked to the magnet...

Why dont you post one that shows the field doesnt change when the poles are moved?

jelly as hell

Show it to me then. A p-90 with it's magnetic field being changed by moving the polepieces.

I'm waiting.

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwi_hNOVgOzOAhUCKcAKHXV4ChIQtwIIJTAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs&usg=AFQjCNFgSGENvjC-l4uKVyDwdLLZR-QfVw&sig2=MxITWx8Pfo4XsyjQLI4A-Q&bvm=bv.131286987,d.ZGg

You really don't believe you can change the shape of the magnetic field by moving the pole pieces? You clearly have a limited understanding of magnetic fields.

Logic back up our arguments.

Do this

Show it to me.

That's all you'd need to do.

Yeah that works too, but I don't want to bother them too much and do my own self study instead.

>what happened

Well they are really playing pure jazz.. you know they are kind of like the people who listen to jazz purely and I'm more of a Sup Forumscore kind of guy. So.. I'm not really inclined into Jazz. And naturally they are really good at it.

Ok, lets start off here: what do you think a pole piece is?

Why are guitarists like this?

Here you go:

moore.org.au/pick/06/06_gobd.htm

What all would I need to do to hendrix a guitar, anyway?
So far I got
-buy a drill
-drill a new hole to move the strap button
-buy a new nut
-buy a file to grind the nut down to fit the particular guitar
-buy new strings
-readjust the intonation so that the strings fit over the pickups
What am I missing?

doesn't kerry king play bc rich ?

Sorry, but moving the polepieces on a p-90 doesn't change its magnetic field.

......aaaand that's why you can't prove otherwise.
lol, nice try though.

You didn't read that because its way above your head, dummy. You have little to no understanding of magnetic fields. You can't even explain what a pole piece is, let alone what it does.

I guess he does

None of these compete with the plebiness of the fender Strat into a Marshall Stack. Come on guys just admit that it is complete plenty bullshit and these people have no taste.

Nope, none of that information shows any effect a polepiece has on a p-90s magnetic field.

Sorry you drank all that snake oil.

But how is a strat plebier than a squire? Do you get kudos for playing the squire ironically? Bonus points if it's covered in stickers?

That page details pickups with the same construction principles, genius.

Well the difference is that Squier* is a brand, whereas a strat is a body style! See, maybe if you weren't such an oblivious fucking retard you would know that. Have you ever played a guitar before?

lol, you mean pic related? Yep, that magnetic field's being hella modified by that polepiece.

>strat plebier than a squire?

what?

ever heard of a squier strat?

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. For the majority of squires existence they've made a strat copy which has been their most prolific model and likely remains so to this day.

Sorry to offend all you cool kids with your j mascis gits.

explain this /gg/

It clearly is, though. Might we be a little retarded?

This is a worksafe board, user.

Man that guitar looks awful, could you even play it sitting down?

its james hetfield in the offseason