Ok like i want to be as open minded and embracing as possible but what the fuck is the appeal with this album...

ok like i want to be as open minded and embracing as possible but what the fuck is the appeal with this album, its nearly unintelligible 2 me and its like this neat icon ive noticed all my life that i just cant enjoy

I hated it at first but I got it after listening to songs of pain. I love both of them now

The main appeal is the raw innocence and the pure honesty that could only come from somebody like Daniel Johnston

it's utter vomit

people only like it because he's le sad retard man and they need to feel sorry for him

His early piano albums are way better

Did you know you're not actually obligated to like a certain album?

If you weren't overwhelmed by beauty the first time you heard Walking the Cow this album simply isn't for you, friend.

>tfw her picture is still on your wall

>he fell for the "no one actually enjoys Daniel Johnston's music" meme

Does nobody want to discuss or are you just gonna throw insults around?
I agree with this

Man, that song is perfection though. The lo-fi element, for one thing, is very different from a lot of his other stuff- little to no hiss, just this warm, subdued feeling that causes the chord organ/hitting against the chord organ arrangement to somehow transcend its limitations and become eerily unrecognizable. The warped tape has somehow hit an ideal pitch that makes him sound like a scared child. The chord progression is brutally simple but surprisingly original. The staccato rhythm is very catchy. The melody falls on top of everything beautifully, lots of subtle moments like "Try to reach OU-out" or "I really don't know why I'm STAY-ing here." Daniel may be no theorist but he's studied that Beatles songbook obsessively and has picked up on a few the ideal way to raise or lower your voice at a key moment. Or towards the end when he adds a great little extra part on the keyboard during the "HAVE to fear" (doo-doo).

Oh wait I forgot lmao I only pretend to like this fat retard's music because he's got Down's Syndrome or something lol you guys are all poseurs

This

not obligation
just like given the appeal i had with this elusive icon ive noticed all my youth its a shame it cant mean the same for me as an icon sonically after finally giving it a listen

What is it about that song, its so fucking weird, its like mystifying in a way, but its sounds like shit. Im entranced.

Try listening to his other stuff and maybe that will get you into it
1990 and songs of pain are goat

>down syndrome
maybe thats why listening to it makes me feel that way

I'm just gonna throw insults around because this music is utter vomit

will give his earlier albums a try

Nail on the head.

Guys ffs he's not retarded; he's got bipolar disorder and paranoid schizophrenia. He's psychotic, not autistic.

>TIME COMES AND GOES
>ALL OF THE WHILE
>I
>STILL THINK
>OF YOU

stop that fucking meme or go back to Sup Forums you fucking retard

decided to actually look it up after posting, my bbb

>Wojack is no longer welcome on Sup Forums