/Canada/

/Canada/
Say Hello to our faggy new national bird edition

Fuck the Royal Canadian Geographic Society and the government.
>Canadian Geographic holds multi-year contest to choose Canada's official national bird
>top 5 are snowy owl, greyjay, chickadee, goose, and loon
>loon overwhelmingly wins popular vote with more votes than every other bird combined
>Canadian Geographic and government say "lol, fuck the people" and pick faggy greyjay no one has ever heard of because of weak memes

I want out of this country tbqh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xM0UyNqrS0o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/balt/

Wait what?

I thought the loon was our bird since it was on the dollar

Cute bird

So many good birds and we get whatever the fuck a gray jay is
Instantly realising their stupid fucking decision they blame Québec, Ontario, New Brunswick, and America for the whole disaster.

At least the gray jay is rare so we probably won't find too many images of bald eagles eating them for Americans to post in our faces

Nope, Canada has never had an official national bird, until now. The people overwhelmingly voted the loon for obvious reasons, CG and the government decided on a greyjay for some obscure and stupid reasons
>it is found almost exclusively in Canada
>it is rare so people looking fir it will be encouraged to get outdoors
>it doesn't fly south in winter
>mfw

Cute bird. Nice Choice, Canada!

How long until regionalism destroys another /Canada/ thread?
Last night we had one make it to over 200 posts before Québécois, Ontario, Prariefags, and Atlantic Canadians tore into eachother and sank it.

That "faggy" bird doesn't migrate to the US like traitor birds such as the Canada goose and the loon. It also can thrive in -30°C temperatures.

I can't think of a more nationalist bird to be our national bird. Which is ironic, since you're probably a dumb Sup Forumstard.

Can we kill all these fucking vermin now ?

Don't patronise us please

Fucking Canadian Geese.

How are they Canadian if they never leave ?

>traitor

The US is Canada's top tourism destination. Our bird could reflect that without being un-Canadian

But Jays are really smart birds. At least Blue Jays are.

Feeling a little better now that I made this tbqh

They said that they greyjay is one of the smartest birds in the world actually

Nice rectrices, cute bird.

Merci mais fermé ta gueule

youtu.be/xM0UyNqrS0o

Wow no wonder they chose the grey jay.

How the fuck did the goose lose?

We're talking about a bird that strikes fear into the hearts of all North Americans, yank and canuck alike. How do you not make that your national bird?

For the same reason we use polar bears in global warming campaign advertisements while making a large rodent our national animal

For the same reason we considered calling the country Ursalia (land of bears) and went with Canada instead (an Indian word meaning village)

For the same reason we elected a male model as PM

For the same reason we had the best flag in the Commonwealth dominions and changed it to a brand marketing gimmick

We are fucking retarded and have decided collectively as a nation that we can only do something cool if it involves sticks and ice.

>while making a large rodent our national animal
Beavers are engineers of the mammalian world.

>For the same reason we had the best flag in the Commonwealth dominions and changed it to a brand marketing gimmick
Oh, you're one of those people.

S&H

>Beavers are engineers of the mammalian world

Canadians are runts of the human world

I am pretty sure humans are the engineers of the mammalian world you dumb leaf.

>"those people"

Usually I just call them Canadians

get out frog

>humans are the engineers of the mammalian world you dumb leaf

I'd trust a beaver to design a better car than a Frenchman.

Goose was never our official bird, we didn't have one until now.
The people wanted a loon, the Royal Canadian Geographic Society wanted a grayjay, no one wants a goose