Where did this guy come from?

Where did this guy come from?
>Son of a shepherd and farmer
>Tanned skin and hairy, very very strong
>Weird cultural traditions who seems to be slavic or germanic.
>apparently his country has mountains, snow and wolves.
>chinese accent in the french dub
so Finland? Russia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sgQIhDnwDNQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Romania

Tatarstan?

As a kid I always thought he was from Sardinia, I think they also dubbed him as a Sardinian

Always thought he was austrian desu

they have ed edd and eddy in europe?
that's weird af

>they have ed edd and eddy in europe?
Goddamn why are you so fucking self-centered???

in the oceania version they made him a lot darker and dubbed him as an abbo

do you have cartoon network too

We also had them in Mexico.

mexico makes sense but europe?
we don't get many of their cartoons

Of course.
it came on France in 1999.

They never clearly stated what country, he's just a generalized example of an immigrant from a European country with weird traditions.
Yeah i loved watching it

>we don't get many of their cartoons
maybe because we don't produce a lot of cartoons and it's often crap?
literally your channels were and are full of american, japanese and canadians stuff.

>tfw foreigners will never watch bro town
rekt

Yes of course you retarded fat fuck

me on the right

It would have been a retarded business decision NOT to air it in Europe.

It's said he doesn't have a specific identity, just a vague background. Mostly Eastern European I presume

Maybe he's just an autistic mixed kid

I thought his clothes and hair's colors made it obvious he was from Romania

He's based on the creator Danny Antonucci's experience growing up as an Italian immigrant in Canada.

because it's a very american sort of show

No but shows can be dubbed and then other channels can get the rights for them.

why so rude

Yes.

Not even dubbed or subbed. PPG and pokemon games was how I learned English.

Playing RPG's without knowing how to read the language is a whole other adventure that both anglos and anglo-phobes will never know.

>level 70 charizard with ember, leer slash and some other bullshit because you couldn't trust flamethrower to be a damaging attack, and didn't know type advantages were a thing until the trading cards came out, so we had to put all the EXP on one dude and wander aimlessly around the map without even grasping the concept of GYM's

pretty cool.

Poo
Land

it's actually canadian.

Yes since 2005

He's obviously either from Germavenia or Czecholland.

Lel
Aren't they stereotyped as sort of weird

Same shit
That wasn't an epic meme by the way, we share the same type of suburb and trailer park culture

He's from a country that seems to be several Eastern European countries mashed into one

Either Indian or Romanian.

are you aware american culture is considered the standard of general western culture everywhere?

you expected europeans were all pretentious intellectuals who can't understand a children cartoon about people living on a suburban semi-rural area?

Why wouldn't they? Here it was dubbed and years later I was surprised when I heard the original voices and realized how accurate the romanian ones were.

>american culture is considered the standard of general western culture everywhere

That's really quite disillusioning

Anyway yeah obviously you all wouldn't have any issue fucking comprehending it, but I'm just saying people here like it because it makes them nostalgic, which, while that would also work in europe, I think it would have a lesser effect.

how do you say "buttered toast" in your language
youtube.com/watch?v=sgQIhDnwDNQ

Hes an indian or paki from the khashmir region in northern pakistan/india

I don't know actually.

But i don't see you trying

I don't know in other cunts, but the show came in France on 2000, and it make some people nostalgic, but the problem is it was broadcasted on a cable channel, and here most people watched normie tier cartoons like Spongebob broadcasted on national channels or japanese animes, in fact most people are more focused on anime than western cartoons.

concerning animation, we are good to make theatrical movies but 90% of our TV show are forgettable garbage, the best things we made are Oggy & the Cockroaches and Wakfu concerning TV programs.

>Goddamn why are you so fucking self-centered???
maybe it has to do with the fact that were across the ocean and only bordering mexico and usa jr. and only consume our media and sports.

"Tartine Beurrée"
also when Kevin said "Dorks" it was translated "Bande de Nullards" (Bunch of Losers)

they also called Nazz "Jazz" and Rolf "Wolf"

>bande de nullards
that must've looked great with the lip synching

Well actually in this video he said "MMmmm des Cacahuètes" who mean "Mmmmh Peanuts"
but the regular expression of Ed in french is "Tartine beurrée"

sometimes he said just "Nullard" (a very very cheesy expression to call someone a loser)
Jawbreakers were called "Bonbecs" in fact the french dub was actually pretty old fashioned.

Why didn't they use "cretin" like we did?

I don't know, the regular expression is bande de nullards, but he also often called them "abrutis" "crétins" "imbéciles" "gros nuls" or "idiots"

I fucking loved this episode
>BUŁKA Z MASŁEM
Actually it means "bun with butter".
It's a pretty good translation though, because in Polish this phrase is used when something is very easy, like the English "piece of cake", so it fits the context quite well.