Is 19 too old to learn piano?

Is 19 too old to learn piano?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s9muc06G4pA?t=59
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's never too late.

not at all, It's never too late. Except when you're 60 or something, then it might be a little too late.

you probably wont be a piano virtuoso, but with experience you might be able to play about 95% of piano music out there.

Depending on one thing though. how big are your hands? If you cant reach over an octave with one hand I would find something else to play.

Its never too late

Larry???

no it's time to hit the thrift store, get a terrible keyboard, and get started.

I wanna be the catcher in the rye

not op but what about drums?

will I ever be as tight as dudes like Todd Trainor, Mac McNeilly, or any given crazy fast hardcore drummer if I start at 20?

yeah

that's the thing about learning a talent. You will always have a headstart on everyone who came before you because you can just examine the results of all of their years of experimentation.

so long as you're willing to grok the theory, and many hours a day into learning to play, you'll catch up and be in position to overtake them in a matter of years

It's not too late, as long as you can dedicate the time to play / practice regularly (daily is ideal).

youtu.be/s9muc06G4pA?t=59

i learned how to play geetar at 18

Im 23 now and im actually p good. The too old thing is a meme

It's still very possible. Go for it

i teach piano and 19 definitely isn't too old, hell i've seen a ton of improvement from one of my students who was a middle-aged college professor. being older can actually be beneficial in some aspects because it'll be easier to process and understand music theory since you likely have a lot more tolerance for dry lectures than a 6-year old does.

i'm 20 f a m and started lessons a couple months back, def worth, go for it!

everyone in this thread is so nice
where are you people when actual music discussion happens

actually doing my job rather than dicking around on Sup Forums while at work

>
ouch

I started when I was around 15-16 and I'm 21 now. I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made but these last couple years I really slacked off which upsets me.
If you're completely new to reading music that will probably be one of your biggest hurdles. It's actually not to hard to read but you have to read a lot to really get it down and be able to quickly learn pieces. Unless you're trying to become a concert pianist or something like that 19 is definitely not too late. It takes a lot of dedication though.

posting and not receiving any (you)s

for the record I am talking about myself, not implying anything about you guys

I think bucket head started playing in his mid 20e

>forgetting about timezones and the other 2/3rds of the world

Nope, still not to late.

You're never "to old to learn" something. You can do it, as long as you have the love and dedication for it. Don't let it pass by you because of what you think, just go for it you pussy.

I started playing piano in December and I just turned 22. I practice about 15-20 hours a week, a full day a week when I have a lot of free time and it's going well. Seriously, if anyone is contemplating playing piano, fucking do it. It's so fun and so dynamic. Best instrument out there and I've played drums, guitar and violin. And if you can afford it, buy the real thing i.e. at least an upright piano.