Why is this praised

why is this praised

Its worthy

Why

godlike production, definitely the peak of Kanye's career, and a decade-defining album for hip-hop

big ass emotional roller coaster that makes a nigga shed a tear

What's so godlike about it? It has it's moment's yes, but there are much better produced albums.

I think it gets praised higher than most because hip-hop has been a shit hole since the 2000's

pussy inna sacawfagus

what albums have better production? i think MBDTF is pretty much as good as it gets

Because a black man made it.

If a white dude made this it's be a 5 at best

Subpar lyrics, average production, awful subject and themes and shit guests

Deltron 3030, and that's me trying to stay in the hiphop genre.

Portishead, Air, Vangelis. I could go on and on with artist who have albums with better production.

Why? It's not so abrasive, it's not fucking LOUD AS SHIT IN YOUR FACE bullshit. MBDTF is eclectic, at times, but still redundant. Plus the vocal work on some of these tracks are laughable

lol are you serious?

lmao shut the fuck up

lmfao really dude really?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW!?!?

This is actually probably true. And you can say the same for any Kanye project post Late Registration. He's easily the most overrated artist of the past decade and since Eminem

its only praised by reddit fags and plebs, so really the only thing to determine is if you can take that praise seriously or not.

>Portishead

pls...trip hop is hardly comparable to Kanye

this and only this. hip hop is just like kpop (for westerners), the main appeal about them is that they are being sang/produced by artists from a specific ethnicity.
i hope this is sarcasm
cucks

Because other than "so appaled" and feegie's godawful verse on "all of the lights" its a pretty awesome achivement. And this isnt even my favorite kanye album. for me his best is "late regestration", then "college dropout", then "808s" with this album tied with yeezus for fourth place. Fifth is life of pablo and sixth is graduation.

>people believe this
kill yourselves

Have you listened to it? As mentioned, the production is fantastic. It's just enjoyable to listen to, doesn't bog the album down with a bunch of filler, has a decent theme without being overly pretentious, etc.

I don't understand why nerds go out of their way to hate on Kanye so much. I don't think he's some musical genius or anything, but he does produce good work.

Kanye's lyrics are so fucking obnoxious.

>has a decent theme without being overly pretentious
>nothing dark or twisted on the album at all

Devil in a New Dress is literally the only amazing song. Rest range from god awful to mediocre

It was the first instance I can think of where a Hip Hop artist went and did something artistic all the tracks are 8/10 or better and there is nice variation between the tracks. Kanye was also at the peaking popularity and this album is great. Still like Yeezus more thou.

Shitty bait is shitty, here's your (you)

The arrangements are a cut above most pop

If you are white and above 17 years old and still praise this album please KYS. Here's the context "a nigger rapping about being a dumb fucking nigger" all this shits the same

Because people enjoy it.

>ctrl+f 'changed the game'
>0 of 0
Come on guys, it's not that it's a masterpiece, it's the influence it had that makes it extradordinary. Kanye quite obviously catapulted this sound into the main stream and in doing so changed the game forever. Before this album young rappers never would have considered weird alternative soundscapes/producing could have a place in mainstream hip-hop, this album showed them it was possible and influenced a generation of up and coming producers and rappers.

Im skeptical of anyone who so aggressively and deliberately holds the cookie-cutter opinionsof normies.

wtf I haTE TWITTER NOWWW

Reddit normies fucking hate kanye. My cousin's boyfriend is a stereotypical reddit nu-male and when I mentioned listening to a kanye track in passing he scoffed. I was a bit annoyed so I asked him what he didn't like about kanye's music. He just kind of rolled his eyes and acted like it was obvious that kanye's music is bad and then proceeded to mention kanye's public behavior being bad.

:^)

ok here's what you do. when you're at the next family gathering stand off to the side and wait for him to walk by. when he does pull him close and whisper this in his ear:

Yeezy season approaching
Fuck whatever y'all been hearing
Fuck what, fuck whatever y'all been wearing
A monster about to come alive again
Soon as I pull up and park the Benz
We get this bitch shaking like Parkinsons
Take my number and lock it in
Indian hair, no moccasins
It's too many hoes in this house of sin
Real nigga back in the house again
Black Timbs all on your couch again
Black dick all in your spouse again
And I know she like chocolate men
She got more niggas off than Cochran, huh?

Why do you think that? He spawned one of the most famous male artists of this decade and turned an entire genre into a different direction. I'm genuinely curious

>I don't know waht to say so I'll call them cucks! Anyone who disagrees with me is a cuck!!

because it seamlessly features so many big names who fit in each song with unique features. The production is absolutely word class for a rap album - tracks feel like actual songs rather than the classic 'verse hook verse hook' rap format.
It explores different emotions brilliantly.
The content of the album is so loud and verbose but with the fantastic production and names it all comes together brilliantly.

The ONLY rap album to have bearable if not enjoyable skits.

But if you dont like it dont listen to it. This is one of the rare albums which clicked first time as being a classic. If you don't feel that then find something else rather than argue with us virgins on a lebanese knitting forum.

Because it's a good album. Only Yeezus is better.

While I hate Minaj, the only part I like on this album is her part on monster. The rest I thought was really boring and standard for a hip-hop album, even for its time. Yeezus was much better.

It's an affirmative action BNM

This 2bh

It has some pretty good production

but the lyrics and themes are complete utter garbage. I really don't understand why people praise it so much.

If I had to make a guess i would say people only pretend to like it here as a meme and normies like it solely because Kanye's name is on it and according to them he can do no wrong.

It's not even Kanye's best

Flockaveli and thank me later are both more influential albums from the same year senpai. Fuck even what the weeknd was doing was more important. Kanye didn't do shit he just let people create music then performed some pre written lyrics and slapped his name on it

That's not true

Name one album with MBDTF influence.

Neither is that one. You must've misclicked when selecting the image, here I'll fix it for you.

>Two skits in a row
>God awful features by Jay-Z and Common
>Lack of Jon Brion and Hey Mama

Nah, I clicked the right thing after all

lmao xd are you for real dude? like really man? lmfao seriously bro? looool dude is this real bro? lmfao

Oops

I fucking hate Sup Forums.
>it's shit because it's shit!
>no it's not it's good because it's the GOAT!

I'm glad he dropped his stupid fucking bear avatar

Hey friendo, /po/ is that way. Sorry you found your way onto the wrong board

some of the best use of autotune in hip hop ever
really good use of samples - especially sampled voices
good balance of gospel/instrumental and electronic sounds that work together

>implying

Hmm yes I heard they despise Niggers on that board

except unlike Eminem he actually innovated and progressed the genre forward in good ways, both thematically and in terms of the actual sound/style/