>Paedophile
>Pyjamas
>Artefact
>Kerb

>Aluminium

Nothing wrong with those words lad

What's wrong with that?

>American edermacerificaration

Unnecessary extra letters in paedophile and oesophagus.

Most letters are unnecessary, if we go your way we'd just use the phonetic alphabet for everything

I use artifact, and I didn't realize there were any other ways to spell naive, I don't know how else you could try tackle that

Also, these aren't extra letters, these are letters you ignorant lads removed because you were too retarded to write correctly

Back in the day, it was spelled "Behove" and pronounced "Behoove", much like "move". In the typical fashion of their respective countries, Americans kept the pronunciation while changing the spelling, while Brits kept the spelling while changing the pronunciation.

American English looks like it was conceived by a special needs child

I remember using British spelling in Elementary School, and even hypercorrecting it to stuff like "Septembre" and "Octobre", before my mom told me how autistic it was.

obligatory

>mfw didnt go to college after gcse and went to meme state uni in america

I used to accidently say things like 'ey, mate' 'cheers' 'have you got time?' and yanks would just give me awkward looks

Thought theyd like bit of british accent i have but most of the time they weren't sure what I was talking about

>Complains about how UK English has too many unnecessary words
>Is from the same cunt that removes essential letters from words (e.g: the letter U in the word colour ending with color)

excuse u "color" is the original Latin and "colour" a later French bastardization mmkay

Canadians try hard as hell to write like Brits.
>zed

Then again, the leddit image doesn't surprise me considering it's for canadians

I hope you realise that modern English is based off French buddy

>Boy golly Joe-Chuck McCuck, these werds shure are hard t'spell
>Nay me boyo we'll change tha' spellin' so even a child can do it
And so "American "English"" was born.

fyi those spelling conventions actually do serve a purpose. if you don't know what purpose, google is your friend.

>manoeuvre

Which is based on Latin, pal

Fricking Noah Webster, though.

Aeroplaine is correct, do you study airnautics or practice airbatics?

>Brits will literally defend this

Repulsive spelling

Nae, I agree that it's idiotic. I usually refer the floor above the ground floor as the second floor.

Sometimes we the call the first floor the ground floor and the second floor the second floor.