Cost of Living -

Mexico vs Chile, Argentina and Uruguay,

Serious question here, how can you afford to live in those cities, with those expensive prices and that low salary?

What percentage of that salary can you save in a bank account, for vacations or other recreational stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

expansion.mx/economia/2015/10/27/que-significa-ser-clase-media-en-mexico
felipec.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/los-salarios-en-mexico-y-las-malas-estadisticas-del-inegi/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By keeping a healthy flock of argentinian, colombian, uruguayan and mexican prostitutes

You compared capitals with a random city.

Monterrey is the second biggest city in Mexico, and the salaries are higher than the ones in those capitals.

Here is the comparison with Mexico City.

I earn about U$D 900 a month and rent a two-bedroom flat in a centric zone, I had a small car but sold it, I don´t really need it because it´s a small town and I manage well. Not much money for clothes as I would like but it´s OK. I take vacations in Brazil every year also.

>I earn about U$D 900 a month
Wtf you can live off that?

yeah including internet, weed and cigs but I can´t save shit really

Dude that's cheap. That's cool.

What do you do? Did you graduate college? Are you living by median income standards?

I work in printing, didn´t graduate, working class

Same with Brazil

delet this

Ah I see. That's not so bad if you have it down.

I earn USD$2,000 a month (average middle class salary) and I can barely save for a decent vacations to Europe every 2 years.

Also, things are cheaper here, I don't get how you guys manage to pay food, transportation, rent/services, gas, etc.

I got free healthcare and pension fund also so that´s also a plus

yeah small towns are the best

big cities are a SCAM

lmao I'm brazilian and live pretty well with 700usd a month

I'm even in Spain right now

How are you making twice as much as the Uruguayan, whose cost of living is twice as much as your capital, yet still can't afford to travel?

When I went to cancun, shit was so cheap. We ate full meals with pocket change ($2-3 each), those were tourist prices.

>free healthcare
I pay $175/month with my jobs discount. Shits gay user.

>USD$2,000 a month
What do you do?

Well, you have to pay for rent, services, gas, clothes, food, local vacations, and so on.

I work as Server Admin.

BRBR? That's pretty cool though. Either you're paying a tax to the cartels or your just retarded at managing money. Still makes no sense.

Man seeing thing like this really make me want to kill myself, here you will barely make a living with a salary of $600 a month, but it turns out you can make a living with just a few more buck in a country twice as good as yours.

Fuck my life.

mexicans are bros and pretty cool to chat with, but honestly, they are absolutelly dumb as well.

why the fuck would you pay 175$ healthcare ?? just take care of yourself and you'll not even need it
>my granpa is uber rich
>but uber sick
>meds and surgeries keep him alive
>his life is still shit

That's only an average middle class salary in your dreams, even asuming that's before taxes you're pretty much upper middle class, although you may not have that living standard if you don't know what you're doing.

Average income for a college graduate is around 6-8,000 pesos a month, there's a reason we've got engineers driving cabs, and I mean it literally, I knew a guy who was teaching chemical engineering at Poli and had to suplement his income that way.

Even for people living in actual Mexico City 12,000 pesos a month is around average for professionals.

I'm not knocking it man, I've spent a lifetime making quite a comfy living in the nice part of del Valle, but let's keep ourselves grounded in reality.

>USD$2,000 a month
That's a lot for your regular middle class worker, more if you are single. You just must be shit at finances.

Brb moving to Poland

My brother did a semester in Mexico City, he said he had a friend working a shitty part time job (English Teacher) and made like 3-4K a month, maybe you are going too low.

>That's only an average middle class salary in your dreams, even asuming that's before taxes you're pretty much upper middle class

I thought that so, but here
>expansion.mx/economia/2015/10/27/que-significa-ser-clase-media-en-mexico
says that mexican middle class earns between 1250 and 3750 usd

in small cities you can, i earn like U$D 900 too

When I mention Europe vacations, it means 2 or 3 months* of museums, trains, trams, buses, ferries, food, airbnb and at least 3 different countries.

So that's around USD$12,000 per vacation.

*I work home office so vacations time is not an issue (with a limit of 3 months because of schengen visa)

Three thousand dollars a month as a part time teacher in Mexico City? Try pesos, I know gringos who don't make even 2k a month teaching English full time.

As in most of Latin America milleage varies greatly on account of conections so your brother could have conceivably landed on fucking easy street working for a show off businessman or a wealthy woke hipster, even so 3-4k dollars is generally at least middle management or skilled pro, unless you're a hot blonde who doesn't mind fucking the brains out of your boss on weekends.

Yes, pesos, my bad

Yeah I feel the same. Something about the Internet makes them say retarded shit.

Also, I'm kinda forced. Thanks to Obama care, if I don't have insurance in fined about $1K a year for not having insurance.
>thanks Obama
Neat. Just gotta find an online job that'll pay me my current wage and I'll be fucking rich living like a king down there.
Listen to your huebros. Something ain't adding up.

a quick search proves you wrong. Monterey is like 7th largest city in Mexico lmao

seeing how I am a semi poorfag, I don't risk going to Europe and going full poorfag, so I have traveled relentlessly across all of Latin America. Mexico, Argentina, Brazil.. you name it. I've been everywhere except for Guyana, Suriname, El Salvador, Honduras and Belize. I assume my best bet is Belize next, and skip the other four?

He refers to the metropolitan zone of Monterrey.

Don't be an autist

Skip Belize, it's the shittiest

OP here. I'm planning my next vacations to Chile, Argentina and Uruguay. That's why I came across to those cost of living comparisons.

Yeah, that article is off, I know people living in Roma who party/club 3 nights a week and can afford toys and clothes who don't make that. Obviously I'm talking singles.

Now you're not going to be a home owner in any decent neighbourhood and have your wife driving a brand new SUV on 2k dollars a month but most young profesionals either have double income households or are partly living on inherited wealth (eg rent free) so they can afford an upper middle class lifestyle, barely, I know people who travel to Europe once a year on your salary.

A term loses it's meaning when you don't keep things proportionate, relative to the general population not a lot of people make that much, middle class in Mexico is not the same as middle class in Europe or the US, eg you wouldn't be eating out as often, unless is comidas corridas near the office and you may be paying more than a third of your salary on mortgage payments.

Ok, it sems that I'm a little off related to middle-class average salary but still, Mexico City is cheaper than Santiago, Buenos Aires and Montevideo.

As Numbeo database all of those capitals have almost the same average salary per month.

>pic related (Monterrey vs Mexico City average salary)

so you have 1st word prices and 2nd world wages

thats fucked up

I make 1100 USD a month and live with my parents. I spend maybe 50 USD in gas, 100 USD more in random utilities, 300 USD eating out, the rest goes to my hobbies

numbeo sucks desu

according to numbeo purchasing power for indians in Mumbai is higher than for mexicans in MC

Just one thing man, if you're traveling you can't compare going on normal everyday expenses unless you're planning on crashing at someone's home and only going out as a tourist on weekends. My experience is you spend at least 3-4 times as much when you're traveling and while I'm including things like museums I'm not counting hotels here. Granted I'm a big fucking drunk so you might be able to get away with less.

It is, was messing around.
McDonalds in New York is a bit cheaper than in Buenos Aires.

Come here, man. Don't let our crime rates stop you. You will not get hurt here unless, you know, you go to poor as shit neighborhoods. Gringos always have a great time here.

>its another insecure mexican trying to make Mexico look relevant thread

No bro, I'm just curious about the cost of living in those countries because I'm planning to go there.

I thought Mexico had one of the most fucked up economies in Latin America too.

>monterrey
>random city
Top lel, regios BTFO

>its another insecure mexican trying to make another Mexico thread about an insecure mexican trying to make Mexico look relevant thread

>I thought Mexico had one of the most fucked up economies in Latin America too.
yeah, but if you are not poor as fuck you can live "comfy" as in with more than enough luxury

Just go to Argentina.

You can stay there and live there. They LOOOOOVE mexicans there.

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual. Just want to check out the country, the people not so much.

Argentines are actually very nice people, if you think the edge lords in this board are in any way representative it's you who maybe needs to learn about Argentina

>12,000 pesos a month is around average for professionals.
what the fuck is this 2002?

You'd be surprised.

TOP FUCKING KEK

NORTHERNS GOT ROASTED HARD

Shut up nigger, that shithole hasnt got shit and has been irreleveant in all Mexico's history

>$2000usd salary monthly
>middle class
Smells like bullshit

Nigger, you can earn $6000mxn monthly by working for atento half time and you dont even need to finish highschool

This, i dont know why the world still thinks we live in mud huts and can only afford 2nd hand clothes, that sounds more like redneck american shit

Seriously, this whole mirreyes wannabe thing. By far the overwhelming majority of people who did not finish high school in Mexico do not earn 6k pesos working part time, even a majority of college graduates do not.

It's delusional to an extreme to think otherwise and only shows disregard and contempt for the average joe.

felipec.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/los-salarios-en-mexico-y-las-malas-estadisticas-del-inegi/

Well, lads, Trump won, so I'll probably be getting the boot any day now. What kind of desk jobs are available for somebody whose strongest language is English (specifically in the Monterrey/Saltillo area)? I can't take a job that requires too much standing because arthritis is a bitch. Thanks.

You can freelance translation jobs, you average 15000-20000 a year when starting, but since LA countries are cheap as fuck you'll be rich