You've got good taste, time to show off

You've got good taste, time to show off.

>No Sup Forumscore.
>No tripcodes.
>No RYM usernames.
>No spergs.
>NO PLEBS.

Discuss / reccomend / share patrician albums ONLY.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=44t3xc_XDes
youtube.com/watch?v=nC8uM7LKS6s
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67511249#p67512011
youtube.com/watch?v=FC8EHLjjR1E
rateyourmusic.com/~Neutralmilkbrotel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whom here /d&b/ tho

youtube.com/watch?v=44t3xc_XDes

Good album.
>pic unrelated

who /speedcore/ here

It's one of my favorites, because I listened to it often when I was younger. It's not as good as I think it is, because of my bias, but it's fun to listen to.

post kairos you're most partial to

OP is a bitch he forget the subject lol what a bitch.

WELCOME TO /eg/ - ELITISM GENERAL

>vocal harmonies are amazing
>The album art actually looks how it sounds
>Beautiful lyricism
>Blue Ridge Mountains.
>Various instruments and band members

One of the best-mixed albums of the 90s. Clear as bell this.

>blue ridge mountains
Mah nigga. I get shivers every time I listen

Even though everything they did after this is pure garbage, this album is absolute perfection. When discussing it, metalfags can only jabber about muh influence. It's a damn shame to see such a masterpiece wasted on such a shit crowd.

youtube.com/watch?v=nC8uM7LKS6s

Highly recommend Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Orchestra and their rendition & reimagining of Eric Dolphy's incredible album; Out to Lunch.

Incorporating much faster instrument playing & electro accoustic instrumentation to create an amalgamation of fast paced, hectic and incredible free jazz.

A good way I can describe it is, imagine taking an incredible painting and just pouring paint over it. But, in a good way. Amazing stuff.

I remember listening to this on a cold night, good shit.

MY MAN

why the kids of goodc composers trying to be musicians and suck balls most of the time

the guy is better than braxton's son still

I can't be the only person I know who likes this album. Someone please validate my opinion

It's p good, opinion validated.

thanks user, I like your album too!

I've always thought this was way better than Black Metal honestly, I don't know why so many people get a hard on for that album.

Funny how a thread for 'elitists' turns out to be one of the best threads on this board.

Really makes you think, huh?

It's great but I prefer Point. I feel that Point is more cohesive and consistent. Curious as to why this one is his most popular

where da EAI or Free Improv recs? I've been listening to the Keiji Haino / Jim O’Rourke / Oren Ambarchi collabs and find them great

Why, because you agree with them?

The thread's completely vapid, they're just saying "this album is good". Probably because their opinion would fall apart if they actually had to explain themselves.

You're right. Crash Test Dummies are underrated. Superman's Song is in my GOAT list.

However, my favorite album of all time is Bee Thousand, so guess how much I care about good mixing :/

>>>/grimes/
>>>/kpg/
>>>/crj/
>>>/dgg/
>>>/somewhere else/

The rules explicitly forbid against plebs. Read the thread, there actually some active discussion going on. More than the rest of this board.

is it more elitist to say 'No one enjoys Free Jazz' or 'I enjoy Free Jazz' ?

lol eat a dog dick, fucking pleb. 8-)

>ancient tibetan ritual music is "patrician"

You can't make this up

It's only elitist if you go out of your way to have an opinion because it makes you feel above people.

Sup Forums is filled with insecure babies that use music as a way of projecting their insecurities and everyone can see that.

I feel like you've been ironically shitposting for so long you can't tell when you're being serious.

>You can't make this up
>Sup Forums is filled with insecure babies that use music as a way of projecting their insecurities and everyone can see that.
>he doesn't underhand 4chab board culture
Look, I'm not trying to discuss the same ~300 albums that get posted here every fucking day and we can't have an actual music thread without tripfags and /s4s/ poptimists shitting up everything, so the tongue in cheek 'elitists' thing is how we're able to stick around.

Sup Forums board culture is founded in irony and cynical contrarianism and edginess. Not anyone's fault in particular this board isn't friendly to genuine discussion. It just isn't.

I feel like you discovered Sup Forums over the weekend ad don't understand how communication is tailored for this to be able to work with the whole exchange of opinions and recommendations anonymously.

Get the stick out of your ass or leave, you fucking faggot.

i want more like schumann and hugo wolf's song cycles

the more hopeless the better

You know where I can get a copy of "Birds' Wings Were Glued To Their Bodies And Their Feet Froze To The Ground"? I can't find it for a decent price anywhere.

Sure, just don't pretend your tibetan throat singing album is better than homogeneous pop music like 21 Pilots

I didn't say acting ironically stupid was inherently a bad thing, but it's a bad thing when you actually believe that constitutes an argument

>don't pretend your tibetan throat singing album is better than homogeneous pop music like 21 Pilots
>it's a bad thing when you actually believe that constitutes an argument
What the fuck dude you are so far up your own poptimist ass holy SHIT LOL
>No spergs.
Get out.

You aren't worth the mental cycles it takes to deconstruct what you're saying. Just please grow up and stop ruining this board with your insufferable hipsterdom.

>You aren't worth the mental cycles it takes to deconstruct what you're saying.
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67511249#p67512011
>I'm only dedicating mental cycles to replying to you because your faux-intellectual horseass has bad implications beyond itself.
Is this b8 or do you seriously have a fucking catchphrase?

Are you such low functioning autism that you lack the self awareness that nobody on this board values your opinions or what you have to say?

Go listen to Tyler the Creator and M83 man, Jesus fucking Christ. At least put on a tripcode so I can filter you.

Yeah I tend to reiterate the same things because people like you are so homogenous.

And tonight's top story; one single autist in a thread of genuine people who just want to discuss music, on a musc board where music isn't discussed, is trying to stop those people from discussing music.

woah look, someone on Sup Forums who wants music discussion to stop. What a suprise.

That's the second time you use the word "homogenous" in under an hour. I have to suspend your sperg card now.

Do you get enjoyment out of this? Once again, everyone was talking about music before you showed up. Is this how you spend your evenings? You do this for fun, you fucking loser?

all their improvs are so great

Agreed

Anyone heard pic related? It was kinda sub-Sup Forums when it was released and everyone seems to have forgot about, still amazed by it even 2 years on.

I didn't know they did other releases. I thought it was just - I wonder if you noticed "i'm sorry"

I'm excited now.

>I didn't know they did other releases. I thought it was just - I wonder if you noticed "i'm sorry"
is actually not from the same trio. :u

yeah is Li Jianhong's 'Lovers With Cloisonné Bracelet'. He's also great though

check'd

Tight, powerful, wistful. Gives voice to feelings you couldn't express before.

Definitely a hidden masterpiece. Dripping with desperation and genuine grief

>he likes the boss
my man

love that song

Blood on My Hands hits so deep

NEW DAY RISING!
NEW DAY RISING!
NEW DAY RISING!
NEW DAY RISING!

JEAALOOUSYYYY

Anyone rec any purely violin albums (including classical) which is very slow and relaxing.

Listened to pic related alot but I need something else.

nice stuff fellas

This is the central scrotinizer

Are they the saviors of the 10s?

String quartets are objectively better than violin concertos

Also pic related is the best true mixtape of the best 5 years, incredibly moody with amazing songwriting/lyricism to boot.

Swans - Love of Life, might be the most underappreciated album by a long shot. For some reason it's overlooked by newer fans because it's not as good as TBK or because of the Jarboe meme.

But Love of Life, is and has always been my favourite Swans release overall. The epic and truly elegant sound delievered by Swans in both Love of Life and it's sister album White Light from the Mouth of Infinity stands to be one of my favourite sonic iterations of Swans throughout their extensive discography. The lushious, hypnotic drums throughout Love of Life help add to these sonic walls of grand, graceful bliss.

If your a Swans fan and have been put off Love of Life, I strongly urge you to try it out. Read into the lyrics, this is one of Gira's most lyrically dense releases imo, with alot of subtle referances, obscure words and imagery, and his monotone voice just helps the messages behind them.
Might have to check it out if it's as good as you say user

The crescendo in The Overcoat is incredible

Go for a late night walk with the album. Cat's got a very monotone voice, and it sounds like hes just smoked a blunt before each recording but he raps over classic doom, dilla, and 8th wonder beats in a way that matches the mood perfectly.

Thank you. Love of Life always gets overshadowed by White Light but I find it to be the superior album as well

youtube.com/watch?v=FC8EHLjjR1E

why does it feel so wrong to enjoy this kind of music so damn much.
I feel like Simon Steen-Andersen is a fucking genius but it would just come off as incredibly pretentious to say I enjoy the sound of sirens and out of tune strings

Good choice, you'd probably enjoy the soundtracks to Evergrace and Forever Kingdom by Kota Hoshino

talking of mixtapes, nobody ever talks about this one which saddens me because it's really good. very dark, nighttime-ish sounding production and the lyrics are solid. I saw it get posted once in a sharethread ages back, which is how I found it, and not once since aside from when I've posted it. it really deserves more love.

forgot the picture

People are gonna hate on me for this, but this.
I honestly feel as though this album is the next development in heavy metal, and it serves as a testament to Lou Reed's poetry and style. No one can do it like Reed or Metallica, so these 2 distinctive artists coming together might bring hate from their fans.
But in the end, this album is both an artistic masterpiece and a rock n roll 'Fuck you' to fans.

The other dude's baiting. You fell for it in the most cringy way possible. Good job, dumbass.

I'm the only one that discussed anything, everyone else just said "this album is good"

are you the same guy who jumps into /noise/ and complains the same shit

No.

I'm only wasting mental real estate on these dumb neckbeards because they have implications beyond themselves and they've ruined something I used to enjoy, this place is almost worse than reddit.

mah niggas

This is next level cringe.

imo the peak of third wave as far as i have heard

the first track of orchestra so good

i backwards googled this and it returned "monochrome photography"
and i was like man fuck these stupid post-ironic bandnames
that's my story

hehe

lol

Die Moldau isn't entirely arranged with violins, but they're featured more prominently in most arrangements than any other instrument.

literally sounds like if a vacuum was an instrument and was producing feedback

Mark's greatest accomplishment with RHP

it's coming up as "women's clothing" for me

Just droppes the needle on this masterpiece for the third time today

Great album.

Still prefer the original, doe.

People circle jerk over this album too much purely for the concept. After 2 listens you realize it's mostly just an unorganized shitfest. It could have been played much better with actual practice, something yoshihide's cronies aren't known for.

The album name is right on the cover you fucking retard

this used to be on Sup Forums everyday

Why is Yoshi hiding?

I was trying to save me the trouble of typing it. I could open a tab and type it all or I could press the handy dandy "google" link that's RIGHT FUCKING THERE.

You fucking retard.

mm okay sure

this is actually the best vaporwave album

>no Sup Forums-core

this is my favourite album

btw check out my rym rateyourmusic.com/~Neutralmilkbrotel

>share patrician albums ONLY.
>90% of albums in thread are well-known sub-Sup Forums, rym-core

>rateyourmusic.com/~Neutralmilkbrotel
I'm disappointed