Why is XTC not talked about on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/listen-to-xtcs-lets-make-a-den-from-skylarking-cdblu-ray/
youtube.com/watch?v=jo5X_0GRskw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i always try to bring up XTC albums other than skylarking but no one listens
nonsuch is GOAT, so are the apple venus albums, and pretty much every release in general is at least a 7.5/10

Sup Forums is not too fond of dadrock

this is coming from someone who likes xtc

XTC are closer to momrock than dadrock, dont get where you're coming from from what I heard by them

because there's nothing to talk about outside of that song about nigel

actually you're right, momrock is a much better description

or maybe "mompop"

or maybe "all the youtube commenters are middle aged and complaining about how underrated xtc is-core"

You have to admit they are at least a little bit underrated

interesting XTC is literally my dad's favorite band, but my mom absolutely hates them. Apparently there was an incident involving the song "My Weapon" that put her over the edge

Tell me more

"That's Really Super, Supergirl" is my go to example for a perfect pop song.

Like, holy fuck, that song is way better than it fucking deserves to be.

gr8 band and definitely worth investigating beyond skylarking. chips from the chocolate fireball is ace.

I know right!

They had such a high standard for their music that even their pop tunes sounded like high art

Another song like that is "Fly on the Wall" that really caught me off guard how good it was

I fully expect the remix of Skylarking coming in October to blow my ass away
Like, listen to how much richer and more realistic this track is than anything on the original album mix, and they never even finished this one (and it's a 128kbps stream)
stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/listen-to-xtcs-lets-make-a-den-from-skylarking-cdblu-ray/
It's going to sound totally different

yeah they are I'll admit it

what is their most glamorous and catchy song?

Senses Working Overtime

They're great, but I prefer their Dukes of Stratosphere stuff more.

Brainiac's Daughter
Mayor of Simpleton
Senses Working Overtime
Earn Enough For Us

I could keep going but those came to mind

I actually thought senses was pretty vulnerable and stripped back of a song, I'd say either generals and majors or earn enough for us

this is cool but don't they have any rock songs?
I mean something like The Thrill of it All by Roxy Music

xtc is shit andy partridge is shit and I was happy when the police ripped them off with de doo doo de da da da

Check out "no thugs in our house" and their album English settlement, it's my personal favorite from what I heard

First 2 seconds of earn enough for us is what I was looking for but then the rest of the song wasn't quite
I'll just dl their albums and listen to more stuff

And also a thing to keep in mind that the lead singer LOVES captain Beefheart, so that might explain some of their weirder songs (especially on that album)

Yeah that might be a good thing, there really aren't any songs (again, from what I've heard) that you can listen to and get a feel for their whole discography

start with Drums and Wires
It's the album where I think they were the most cohesive and "grooved" the hardest
fairly post punk oriented too, but stronger melodies than their earlier stuff
And then you can basically go onward from there
Their first two albums are less accessible (and good honestly), I'd go back to them later

cuz theyre being beat by adam ant
youtube.com/watch?v=jo5X_0GRskw

I CANT HOLD YOU DOWN