Isnt the baloon d'or race pretty much just between suarez and CR7 (provided barca win the league and real wins the CL)?

isnt the baloon d'or race pretty much just between suarez and CR7 (provided barca win the league and real wins the CL)?

I see no reason how you could justify puttin suarez below messi this year, he's had an incredible season

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/kc2i
youtube.com/watch?v=MhouAbo9hI0
optasports.com/news-area/blog-optas-event-definitions.aspx
whoscored.com/Glossary
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

suarez won't win because its a reputation competition

but they kinda have to rank him at least third, there is absolutely no way to completely leave him out

Vardy

1. Cristiano
2. Messi
3. Vardy

Messi has been better, matter of fact Suarez and especially Neymar have been carried by his Xaviesque play creating chances for those two that they botch
You guys are idiots

Messi has been better than Ronaldo and Suarez this season.

He's not a centre forward like those two.

>just between suarez and CR7
And why in the world would Ronaldo be above Messi? He doesn't even have his usual muh goals argument.

>MUH GOALS

Fuck this shitty award.

messi deserves it over suarez

Messi deserves it over Ronaldo

I just dont know how much they would value it if ronaldo won the CL for them, i could see his comeback hattrick against wolfsburg play a big role where he'S going to be ranked exactly, even if it was a kinda shitty hattrick

Vardy is going to win it, every player in england is going to vote for him.

This

isnt ronaldo always playing winger like messi?

On paper they both start as wingers but if you look when they operate on the pitch then they're roles are vastly different.

Suarez hasn't even been as good as he was for Liverpool in his final season there, where he carried the team with some exceptional goals and creativity.

He just gets so many chances laid on for him with Barca. Every game he's getting at least 3 clear cut chances where you'd expect him to score. Messi is even giving him penalties.

Messi has been better than both Ronaldo and Suarez this season. To miss almost 2 months of the season, take on a new deeper role as the team's primary creative outlet and still get 40+ goals is pretty amazing.

Not at all. He's spending all his time in the box on the last defender.

Benzema sacrifices a lot for him.

messi is playing as a midfielder and yet scored a shitload and gave assists

if donaldo doesn't win the CL, no chance in hell to be in the ballon d'or podium

Problem is people will vote for tsu if they win the cl, OP is the perfrccte example of your typical voter

A good portion of suarez goals this season were penalties and tapins (the same thimgs people bitch at ronaldo for) mostly served to him on a platter by Messi. If anyone should win the award its him. Hes been key in helping his teammates score and has put in a decent smount of goals himself

Ballon d'TSUUUUUUU

Why do they always give it to a player on Real, Barca or an equally stacked superteam?

One of the things I hate about the awards process and how especially Americans follow European soccer is the fact that everyone bandwagons and every media personality and Ballon Door voter seems to only care about like 6 teams.

Mate it's the Africans and Muslims who have only heard of messi and cr7 who are the real deciders

Well it's meant to be the best player in the world. If you can produce the goods against Stocksbridge Park Steels people probably won't care. But if you can produce the goods against Barca, or Real, or Bayern, then people will think you're the best in the world.

Basically you can't be the best player in the world unless you can produce against the best teams in the world, naturally

>Ronaldo above Messi
kek

w-what? how is this not offside? not when jese passed it to him but when the cross was made I thought it would count as offside because he is involved in the play (by running for the ball after the pass)

It actually is offside because he started running forward before Jese controlled the ball

>Why do they always give it to a player on Real, Barca or an equally stacked superteam?
Because the best players in the world tend to play for the best teams in the world.

It's the Best Player in the World award, not the Player Who Exceeded Expectations for a Small Club award

penaldo can do what he wants
streamable.com/kc2i

the worst thing is that I thought reading youtube comments would be helpful before asking here and it's just a bunch of people calling others retards because when jese passed it to him ronaldo was behind the ball completely disregarding what happened before

>youtube comments

never again

>streamable.com/kc2i

what le fug?

Most blatant refball if there ever was one.

Suarez won't win BdO because Barca votes will be split up between him, Messi and Nerman, Tsuuu to win it again lads.

>have the refs rig the league for you
>win 1 title in 8 years

This

You can only say Suárez has been better than Messi if you haven't seen Barcelona play but just check the stats

Suárez has been far better than Ronaldo btw

Suarez
Messi
Ronaldo

Messi was insane during the first few months of 2016, Ronaldo hasn't come close to that level this year, Suarez has.

But all 3 have had slumps, so it's hard to say.

Ronaldo has a CL and the Euros. MSN has the CdR and Copa America.

But isn't it players and coaches who vote for it? And they all know how good he is. It's not a public choice award.

Ronaldo is completely past it. All he does is statpad. He is really fucking good at stat padding but he shouldn't even be top 3 in ballon dor.

No one will vote for Neymar but yes, Ronaldo will probably win

Africans, Arabs and non-Argentine Latin Americans love him

Players an Coaches dont watch every game. No one does, they just dont have the time.

It's based on highlights, headlines and statistics.

Messis had enough Ballon D'ors already

Give it to Suarez for fucks sake, the man deserves it

Funny thing is that if someone let Messi decide he'd just give it Suarez and not give a fuck

No because Suarez will never get the votes, Rio Ferdinand and Evra types will never give him the votes so might've as well give it to Messi

GETAFE DESTROYER

Why didn't he TSUUUUU for the lulz?

How do you know? Ibrahimovic voted for Guardiola in few years ago ffs.

Fucking Arabs man, they'd akbar themselves for Rasullunaldo (PBUH) you wouldn't believe it.

autism, the post

>implying Eurofags vote better

Did you see Joachim Low or Vincente del Bosque's votes by any chance?

I haven't but if I had to guess I'd say Low voted all Germany players and del Bosque all Spain players

suarez is a world class tap in merchant, nothing more

that's exactly the reason he won't win

ibra never disrespected guardiola they just werent able to work together, bad example

Schweinsteiger voted for Vidal, Muller and Lewa; you can't take players' votes seriously
The only ones I remember who voted MSN for the last one were Ibra and Robben; the rest are usually vote for friends and circle jerk each other like pigfucker

1. Messi
2. Suarez
3. Ronaldo

mahrez desu

It's going to be griezman if he wins CL and yuro

Suarez has as many assists as Messi

he's a beast

I would vote for Cannavaro.

I guarantee you if atletico had won the 2014 CL (hell even this season's one) there wouldn't even be an atletico player in the final 3, despite them already achieving one of the hardest things in sport which is winning la liga over real madrid and barca

youtube.com/watch?v=MhouAbo9hI0

>CR7

It's ridiculous that this fraud is in contention for the Balloon Door every year.

He's won 1 league title in 7 years playing for one of the most expensively assembled, stacked teams in history.

Where's the value in scoring 50/60 goals every year if it almost never leads to a league title?

He can't bring himself to adapt his game to fit a more cohesive team dynamic - instead all the play has to be about him, him, him so he can pad his stats some more.

To be fair every time I watch real madrid without Ronaldo they play like shit. But then again, I don't watch madrid too often

It wouldn't be much of an issue if real madrid management were competent in their signings and managers. Ronaldo in a stable side with sensible managerial appointments would win more titles

>14 goals in 5 games
>40 goals in a season
>same assists as messi while outscoring him
>crucial in most games he played

Daily reminder that there are people considering Penaldo a better player.

Messi is the reason Barcelona even floats

the only reason they didn't win the Champions League is because he had a bad run of 5 games, his worst streak in 10 years

where were Neymar and Suarez then?

Suarez is an overrated hack that poaches just like Donald and needs 5 sitters to score a goal.
The only reason the Ballon is not a lock is because of Messi's injury, or else he would have equal amount of goals as Ronald and Suarez, while also winning the Copa America this summer.

ronaldo at madrid has had top managers and top teammates, inconditional backing from the club and a huge press campaign behind him. If he hasn't won more it's not because he lacked anything. He's playing in the most expensive squad in the world

messi has been better than suarez this season, and until ronaldo beat >wolfsburg he had no right to be called even a top 5 player in the world.

Were was Messi when they won the champions the last time thanks to him?

Your comment is utterly retarded, the whole team failed.

All that is useless when his teammates and managers change every season. Barcas stability is the main reason for their success

more money doesnt guarantee a better squad. if you lack cohesion you will suffer

I feel sorry for you, discussing this and not having a clue about how offside realy works.

Ronaldo has had 5 coaches at Real, Barcelona had 4 in that time frame.

>Barcas stability is the main reason for their success
no, it's mostly messi, and then some good signings and a great generation of midfielders

Ronaldo has had everything given to him at madrid and has had a ridiculously low return in titles

Anyone with eyeballs would see Messi should get 5 assists per game if the forwards score the 1v1. The Ballon d'Or race is not over until Euros/Copa America this summer

Messi's assists are better. Anyone that's watched most of Barca's games will know Messi has been better.

I honestly think it's ridiculous that people call Suarez a tap-in merchant that misses so many chances when he has one of the best conversion rates in Europe. Even if they are some of the best in the World, it's ridiculous to expect them to convert every chance.

Neymar has created more chances than Messi. Even suarez created a huge chunk for others. you're american.

>I don't watch barca matches at all
Gypsy pls

the goalkeeper was behind him when he got the ball

dont listen to that burger he has no idea what hes talking about

i do and i have the stats in front of me. stick to chicken parmball cletus.

>muh stats
Watch the games, Messi is a better passer than Suarez and Neymar combined.

Webm related. This pass from Messi does not show up in statistics as a chance created

>muh stats
>tf
>tt

yeah, it shows as a key pass. something that neymar blows him the fuck out regardless.

how can anyone defend these buffoons?

yea neymar has been shit and everyone knows this, but Suarez has also not been great, it's just that he's the center forward so he eventually has to tap the ball in somehow

>it shows as a key pass
So you bring up stats and don't even know what they mean?

Here, take a look at this pic, it's from squawka. Educate yourself before giving an opinion you moron.

Literally goal hanging

fuck off britshit. it is a key pass, only its a second key pass. regardless, my point still stands that neymar blows him fuck out in it. stay mad.

Are you too stupid to read?

>Key pass - A pass that leads to a shot on goal that is not converted
Messi's pass did not lead to a shot on goal, therefore it was not a key pass.

And what exactly is a 2nd key pass? Can you point me to one respectable stats source that uses "2nd key passes" as a stat?

optasports.com/news-area/blog-optas-event-definitions.aspx

And where does it show that Neymar has more of those than Messi?

thats on squawka

if you gain an advantage from being in an offside position, you are offside

roland was technically offside

No, it's not. Squawka doesn't track those as shown on this pic .

i guess these aren't considered key passes to this delusional fuck

my sides

i assume they are using the same ways of tracking as opta. if not then so be it. either way, whoscored uses stats from opta and they put neymar above messi in key passes regardless.

>Key Pass - The final pass leading to a shot at goal from a teammate
whoscored.com/Glossary

Whoscored uses the same definition as squawka. They use data from opta but present it in their own way and do not include those 2nd assists