BJORK GENERAL THREAD!

Do you enjoy Bjork? I sure do.
Let's discuss Bjork.
Albums, songs, Bsides, you name it. All are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ykaj8oZkIeM&index=11&list=PLAE9B293BD69A3BD4
youtube.com/watch?v=Nb7ed6FgVCc
youtube.com/watch?v=lEhq3rkbVr8
youtube.com/watch?v=jVPD0KrEROQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5V804BQDhE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heard Debut for the first time a week ago. Reminded me a lot of Peter Gabriel.

If you enjoyed it I would DEFINITELY recommend Post or some of the Debut B sides, there's a youtube channel with EVERY Bjork song (including b sides) up to 2012.

youtube.com/watch?v=ykaj8oZkIeM&index=11&list=PLAE9B293BD69A3BD4

This album suits my weeb and bjork needs. Pretty good, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nb7ed6FgVCc

Ah yes, Drawing Restraint 9.
It's....certainly different. But yeah it has a few great ones (including the one you sent).

are there any other artists similar to björk? she's probably my favorite musician and i love her albums and all but i don't want to wear them out you know. need new material.

Can I get images to fap to?
Post rare ones plzs

I've heard there are a LOT of similarities to Radiohead. Hell even the album release dates are really similar

Damn I like that picture, when is that from?

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out.

idk

Damn I like that webm too. God she's beautiful.

What's up with her legs?

I think she's wearing designed Pantyhose in that picture.

how do i adopt byork's kid? the second one

do you think her daughter will look like her when she's older?

oke, so making clear i love all of her albums. But lets take a min to appreciate the fact how fucking different they all are. Like I dont think one could ever compare vespertine to Biophilia per se. (Ok I guess maybe vespertine and vulnicura but that's partly because they have a similar thematic)

Amen to that, brother, she's A VERY versatile singer, almost as versatile as Bowie. She's freaking amazing and she only has half a bad album.

Give a shot to electronic artists like oneohtrix point never, arca (she's worked with this one), massive attack, thom yorke (all his projects included) and even artists like Antony Hegarty/Anohni (also collaborated with this one on few occasions)

Want to get into Bjork. Whats good order for albums

No specific order. I guess however that listening to the albums in the order they were released will give you a chance to see how she evolved as an artist. Here is how I would describe every album of hers:
Debut: Psy pop vibes-relatively conservative considering what followed.

Homogenic: Full blown sound and beat experimentalisation to perfection with strings.

Vespertine: Still very experimental but very very organic and intimate. A love album to the core

Medulla: This is an all-voice sort-of acapella album. I'll just say I never expected acapella like this. This album is weird beyond all expectations. Very charming and fascinating however.

Volta Experimenting heavily with (or the absence of) rhythm and instrumentation. Throughout the album the brass section is excellent and very very prominent.

Biophilia: A very synthetic album about nature and the manifestations of life. Ironic. It works tho. The experimental rhythm sections continue

Vulnicura: This is the most organic and natural sounding bjork album. It is also a very heart wrenching album at several points. It was inspired after her break up with her long term partner and father of her children after all.

All in all, it depends on what you're into and after

my last left to listen to is Vulnicura, but it's too sad and I need to get in the right mindset before diving in.

It's her best desu senpai

you would have to fight Bjork first

Just go for it. It doesnt have to be that sad. It's a spiritual experience

why are eskimos such disgusting savages

Probably. She have a stronger genes that her husband. Check her son.

:)

has anyone listened to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=lEhq3rkbVr8

never heard of this, is there a story behind it? It's kind of unlike her to do a 15 min jesus prayer in greek

They know we only like em cos we got dat igloo fever.

yeah, it's defiantly not usual. A video of John Tavener's 'Prayer of the Heart' which he wrote especially for Bjork.

das bjork

drottning Íslands

stjórnleysi

Seeing it slow-mo gets me a better idea of the experience. The way she grabs her hair when she falls to the ground is fucking brutal. Why are there so many cameras when she's just taking a simple little trip?

My fav Bjork song is "Possibly Maybe"

>tfw

My fav bjerk song is Hyperballad. That or Joga.

mine is Oceania

why did she snap

youtube.com/watch?v=jVPD0KrEROQ
she says it here

because fuck you that's why

>Just try to leave the airport with your kid after a ten hour flight
>Some bitch has been bothering you for four days
>She specifically bitches about you and your kid
>Fuck this bitch

According to bjork, she was harassing her son and overall being rude for 4 days.

Bat For Lashes has a similar electonic singer-songwriter style imo

youtube.com/watch?v=5V804BQDhE8