ITT: Polarizing Albums of /mu:

While some like Scarruffi have a 'meh' take one this album, it's as if everyone in this board either really hates or really likes this album. There's no normal distribution. Why? Also, any other albums in the same vein?

I was under the impression that a majority of people like that album.

Either a person's favourite GY!BE album or least favourite

no

favorite

favorite then, haven't heard all of their albums but if this is their worst than they're the greatest band of all time

Scaruffi is lukewarm on everything after 2000.

What haven't you heard?

Lift Your Skinny Fists F#A# and Slow Riot are all considerably better in my opinion. Yanqui is still a great album though, it's on par with Allelujah and better than Asunder.
This is a great album.

Asunder is incredibly underrated too. For me it goes:

1. Yanqui U.X.O
2. F#A#∞
3. LYSF
4. Asunder
5. Slow Riot
6. Allelujah!

if you don't like that album you are a sad human being who can't appreciate genuinely good things
that's not true i like that more than asunder and it's great

because people who are indifferent about it have no need to talk about the album, as it should be.

seriously, nobody wants to hear an opinion from some anonymous douche who thinks his lukewarm opinion on the album matters

Asunder and Allelujah (and all lights.....)

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Slow Riot, I think I have to listen to it a bit more.
My ranking from what I've heard:
1. Yanqui U.X.O
2. F#A#
3. LYSFLATH
4. Slow Riot

yankee
lysf = fsharp (depends on my mood, fsharp is more simple but more pointedly atmospheric, lysf is more subtle)
slow riot = asunder
allelujah

you can tell a pleb if they don't like yankee best

god I love this album cover

Listen to them

I want to wait until I get them on vinyl

>if this is their worst than they're the greatest band of all time
tru
>lysf is more subtle
It's my favorite album, but lysf has to be one of the most grandiose albums ever, how is it subtle?

Should I or should I just listen when I have the time?

How much of a meme do you have to be to not listen to something until you have it on vinyl? Just listen to them when you can.

Yeah I guess you're right, its just whenever there's an album that I hype up a lot, I want to focus on actually buying it as well, especially from a band I like, and I just prefer getting stuff on vinyl rather than CD, but if its an album that I really want to listen to but I dont know much about the artist, or theres a good chance I wouldnt like it, I'll stream it, but if its something I pretty much know I'd like, purchasing it before listening is pretty much my main thing

I've found that most people who like Yanqui that much also prefer F# over LYSF, which is totally fine. Their sound is a bit more similar of those first three.

For me personally:
LYSF (10/10) > Slow Riot (9/10) = F#A# (9/10) > A!DB!A! (8/10) = Yanqui (8/10) > Asunder (7.5/10)

But honestly all their music is so good that I can't really think any ranking is completely bonkers and can understand any way people decide to rank them.

I love Illinois but some songs on it are pretty forgettable. The highlights make up for it though: Concerning the ufo sighting near highland Illinois, Casimir pulaski day, & The predatory wasp of the palisades is out to get us are some of his best songs

grandiose just means big, lysf is gigantic and subtle at the same time. fsharp is shorter and narrower in scope, but that has its own appeal. fsharp is the most clearly and powerfully apocalyptic, lysf is less aesthetically overt

yankee is both though, aesthetically punchy and a lot to chew on. it's also the most aggressive and i just happen to love aggressive rock music

this is me, I'm actually relistening to Yanqui right now. Might put it at an 8.5 to go above Allelujah.