Rank them

Rank them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8p4ohy9a-_s
youtube.com/watch?v=kP5A-DPPvnk
pitchfork.com/thepitch/1110-why-viet-cong-have-changed-their-name-an-interview-with-frontman-matt-flegel/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

public strain>women>preoccupations>viet cong

can't believe they're so spineless as to change their name

Public Strain > Viet Cong > Preoccupations > Women

Viet Cong > Public Strain > Preoccupations > Women

you don't know the half of it dude. It was actually Grimes who drew attention to their name's edgy content, and as a result people started boycotting their shows and they were really struggling to secure any gigs

Its probably best for their career to let the SJWs get what they want, they're the ones with media support and can engineer tensions where there are in fact none.

Are you going to be burned out talking about Preoccupations by the time it gets released? because I still havent heard it.

>All this nonsense was Grimes' fault
Stupid and retarded is a fucking understatement

based grimes

10/10

fair enough, it's easy for me to sit behind a computer screen and call these people spineless.

it leaked, not bad

It's not bad but the vocals are some of the most lacklustre I've heard this year, they're totally forgettable.

If you want a better album in a similar vein also released this year, check out pic related.

yeah I enjoyed it and was really struck by the guitar similarity to viet cong

Correct

Preoccupations was disappointing but after listening to it a whole bunch of times I've realised the problem is tracks 2 and 3.
They fucking kill the momentum so bad.
If you listen to the album without those songs it goes from a 4.5/10 to a 7/10.

I'd still rather listen to Viet Cong though.
Why'd they have to remove the noise elements and swap them for synthesisers?

Preoccupations reminds me of the 2015 New Order album actually. Particularly this song youtu.be/8p4ohy9a-_s

What are your opinions on Cindy Lee?

For those who don't know that is the other project from ex-Women members.

Great, I really like the tarantino-style twist he/she puts on that experimental 80s new york scene shit. It's so much more flavourful and emotionally-wrought than viet cong, and the vocals on A New Love Is Beginning in particular are astoundingly beautiful. Really hope Pat does more stuff like it

>music
>tarantino-style twist
wut

dude literally dresses like mia wallis
youtube.com/watch?v=kP5A-DPPvnk
also a lot of tarantino's soundtracks have the same 60s garage/surf rock twang to them that Act Of Tenderness has all over it

Public Strain > Women > Viet Cong > Preoccupations

Isn't the band pretty far-left? It wouldn't really surprise me if they just agreed with the point that was brought up.

Public Strain > Viet Cong > Women > Preoccupations

honestly public strain is one of the greatest albums of all time

I don't know their political orientation, but the announcement that they were changing their name felt really sheepish imo. I don't think its offensiveness had really crossed their minds until they started receiving complaints and had some shows cancelled, they did agree that it was insensitive to those who had suffered or knew someone under the regime but only after talking to these people about it

pitchfork.com/thepitch/1110-why-viet-cong-have-changed-their-name-an-interview-with-frontman-matt-flegel/

Wtf I hate Grimes now

Any link?

just listen to this heat baka senpai

shoulda just stuck with viet cong

woulda made headlines and gained hella respect senpai

public strain easily the best

this thread is more patrish than i though