British hip hop

>British hip hop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TOUuWZ8-hBg
youtube.com/watch?v=Bajnt0iWvqs
youtube.com/watch?v=a7U4NW3hKtg
fabriclondon.com/blog/view/hyperdub-archive-eski-beat-an-interview-with-wiley-part-1-october-2003
youtube.com/watch?v=JYOYqn4No1w
youtube.com/watch?v=ssE05T2iQXw
youtube.com/watch?v=aQZLM0tPHwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=r9KxqBiE_YQ
youtu.be/K9K23uzHjus
youtube.com/watch?v=XtKdPYnHEtc
youtube.com/watch?v=9gYydBx1FMk
youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4KHiPoxr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>anything aside from American Hip-hop

pretty much. America does it best, all the rest should probably stop.

>>>Australian Hip-Hop isn't the best.

Is Grime a Hip-Hop

>implying big-name american artists aren't trying to cash in on the hype surrounding grime
>implying high focus and UK hip-hop isn't on point

fuckin 'mericans cannot understand the fact that some rappers are not speaking english

>go to YouTube
>wretch 32 fire in the booth pt 2 + 3
>Akala fire in the booth pt 4

Not grime just straight fire.

>67584729
My nig

What about Rhyme Asylum?

No one got punchlines like them.

this

Hip Hop ≠ Pop

> Genres: Synthpop, Art Pop, Dream pop, Electronica, Experimental pop

big rec

also listen giggs then suck ya mudda OP

youtube.com/watch?v=TOUuWZ8-hBg

youtube.com/watch?v=Bajnt0iWvqs

youtube.com/watch?v=a7U4NW3hKtg

>hip-hop with vocals

>grime
>hip hop

>not listening to eevil stoo, the best thing to happen to Memphis rap in the last 10 years.

it is, the man who invented it, said so.

shut up blad

Who even does hip-hop in the UK? All grime/drill, which all American rapper are feeding off anyway.

Nah, Grime is more based on UK Dance music and Jamaican MCing, whils Hip Hop is based more on the latter but also jazz poetry, as well as Jazz and Soul/R&B/Funk in general

I don't know anyone, but grime is LITERALLY hip-hop.
Anyone who claims otherwise is just a pretender.

"no"
Wiley Kat back in 2003:
>MC: So is it a new UK form of hip hop?
>Wiley: Yeah it is but it hasn’t been called that yet.
fabriclondon.com/blog/view/hyperdub-archive-eski-beat-an-interview-with-wiley-part-1-october-2003

How is it LITERALLY hip-hop in any way? The similarities end and people rapping over a beat. You don't even know anyone who does grime, how can you have an educated opinion on what it is? Lol.

>form
doesn't mean they are one and the same m8

If you're too lazy to look, here's some shit:

youtube.com/watch?v=JYOYqn4No1w

youtube.com/watch?v=ssE05T2iQXw

youtube.com/watch?v=aQZLM0tPHwQ

youtube.com/watch?v=r9KxqBiE_YQ

Who do I not know, please tell me?
Rocks?
He does trap beats.

The kiddie pool crew who showed up a year or two ago at most?
They're shit.

The nu-grime crew around neo-Skepta?
They're shit too.

I obviously can't mention the other obvious ones because you're gonna call me out for mentioning that bait shit and I don't really give a shit about MCs they are the worst thing about grime anyhow.

Or do you want me to talk about the producers instead?

all of those are either 2 years old or have minimal recognition, who in the UK Hip Hop scene is currently as big as anyone in the grime scene apart from maybe IceCityBoyz

It means that grime is an element of the set "hip hop".
Therefore it is literally hip hop.

Well you just said you didn't know anyone? It's not my job to tell you who you don't know.

I asked you how grime was LITERALLY hip-hop, as you stated it was earlier, and instead of answering that you've just asked me a hoard of irrelevant questions. Lol.

I asked you just one question.
Who is it that I don't know?

Is there anyone worthwhile that I didn't cover, please show me, I'd love to see.

minimal international recognition, at least. most people can't get past the various regional accents.
High Focus is probably the most popular UK hip-hop label which has nothing to do with the grime scene

implying british rap isn't just a complere copy of American rap only its more shitty

No non-North- American will ever be taken seriously in hip-hop, especially if the are white.

They should all just stop buying American hip-hop, stopping going to their shows, because they would never support you if you tried to make it.

>Implying grime artists aren't trying to cash in on 90's snes soundtracks
youtu.be/K9K23uzHjus

no mention of The Streets? really?

uk trap is on the come up idiots
youtube.com/watch?v=XtKdPYnHEtc
youtube.com/watch?v=9gYydBx1FMk
youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4KHiPoxr0
reminder grime and uk hip hop are 2 completely different things

Not at all. American producers even contribute beats to some UK rappers. There's a mutual respect for each scene on either side of the pond. Even Fantano enjoys UK hip hop. The genre might've originated in america but that doesn't mean good hip-hop can't be found elsewhere.

why would I care even if they were? pretty damn cool source of inspiration if you ask me. That wolverine track is dope