Wire - why are they the best postpunk band to ever exist, and why is this their best album?

Wire - why are they the best postpunk band to ever exist, and why is this their best album?
Also, why doesn't their music get more credit?

Bump

I'm always annoyed at how Sup Forums refuses to check out Wire beyond the first three albums. They have a vast library of stuff, and that's not even including the side-projects like Dome.

The Dome s/t album is fantastic.

Rolling Upon My Day is fucking amazing.

Pink Flag is pleb garbage.

too much punk, not enough post

but this is their worst album

You're aware they reformed in the late 80s and made like fifteen other less impressive albums, right?

Because their post breakup material is far worse than the original trilogy. Then again, some gems exist so it's still a shame (They made some crazy stuff under 'Dome').

Wire started 10/10 and improved with each album until the third.

This right here

It really is compared to their post-punk material.
Just look at the Document & Eyewitness live album, the crowd of Pink Flag plebs get triggered to fury when they are experimental instead of playing pop songs.

154 certainly has it's moments but I don't think it's their best. Definitely different than the first two.

And what's wrong with being "Pleb garbage" as you so eloquently put it? Pink Flag and Chairs Missing is classic historic dad rock at it's finest.

i meant of the three that Sup Forums talks about

>implying Sup Forums talks about wire more than just ranking the first three albums with no discussion

they got worse with every album

154 > dome discog > chairs missing > document & eyewitness > neo wire > shit flag

I prefer Chairs Missing more cause the mixing on 154 sounds too dated

i listened to their latest album and it was quite good

Every time i listen to wire i am caught off guard. I am not blown away by half of Pink flag but chairs missing and 154 are 10/10

How do I into 154? PF and CM are perfect albums to me but I don't really care about the third

Listen to it again.