ITT: Post albums that are biggest disappointments in 2016 so far

ITT: Post albums that are biggest disappointments in 2016 so far

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NuIbs_-mPqM
youtube.com/watch?v=9to57DD9eyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

memes were true, it's just 3 new tracks with a bunch of Jenny Death and The Money Store leftovers

agreed, when hot head came out i lose all my hope that it will be something interesting

Love their first two records, but this is just mediocre.
They really lost their unique sound.

I love Zomby and this has to be the biggest let down I've heard all year. Only about 4 decent tracks out of the 13-14. It really is a pile of shit and Burial should be ashamed to attach his name onto this.

But Hot Head is the most interesting song on this album.

imo it's just wall of sound blended with average Death Grips song, ring a bell was the best song on album

if you were expecting something good from zomby post-with love you played yourself

imo it's just wall of sound blended with average Death Grips song, hot head was the best song on album

>implying Ring a bell is not just a wall of sound blended with average Death Grips song
b-but...

I actually liked ULTRA
good mix of his 8-bit stuff from his early days like digital fauna
and vaporwave

Dedication and with love are his best tho

>with love
>best
lol

I'm still way too big of a fanboy to be disappointed, but I am starting to think BP was their weakest album.

I'm glad they're still making music, even though JD/On GP would have been the perfect way to go out.

m8 its really fucking good. probably one the best trap instrumentals album,. He's mocking the metro boomin 808 mafia style of trap with aesthetic twist on it
gotta be more open minded lad

Zomby was always a fucking hack

:(

half the songs were already available months before (on his compilation etc), the singing is weak, and there isn't a lot of variety from a song to another; let's be honest, people love this album only because he memedied after its release

Zomby was never really that good in the first place. I honestly do not get why he was ever hyped up by anyone

because Where Were U In '92

I don't believe that it is true that people only love this record because he died. It had already been getting extremely positive critical reception upon its release (2 days prior to his death). Not only that, but I seem to also remember a large amount of hype upon the release of the blackstar music video. It's true that at this point in the year I don't listen to it much, but I do think it is ultimately one of his strongest albums and perhaps one of the truest to the ethos of the character of David Bowie. It is true that "Sue" and "'tis a pity" had been released before the album, I don't believe they had been heard by a majority of his fans in the way they had been released as singles, and if they had the new arrangements made them better songs.

Opposite for me, I didn't like the singles at first (except floridada) and I was pleasantly surprised

It has not been a good year for music so far.
This year has had a low vibe I think.

If someone asked me to write an album I would come up with a dustopia

it's a lot better than the mess that 'with love' was. starts a bit slow but the later half is excellent, hke-collab is a great closer song

he's not mocking shit, he fucking worships Metro.

with love was brillaint you fucking pleb

I actually like it a lot. First three tracks are great, I really enjoyed the "soundtrack-y" kind of feel Sweetz has and Yeti is an awesome Eski banger. What didn't you like about Ultra/what did you expect from it?

>zomby
>ever good

I hate this board

t.melon

I don't mind changing up your style a bit, but this is just shit, the writing is incoherent, and that "outro" track is just awful in every way

I've started it. I like the feedback.
Now it sounds like Immortal
The End.

despite that it is high quality

I'm hooked

>people love this album only because he memedied after its release
people raved about it on Sup Forums since it leaked in late 2015 and numerous review sites gave it high scores before he died

Only good tracks were Timeless and I Need a Forest Fire. Even that was ruined for me when I saw him live and it can now never match the emotion that Justin Vernon got across on stage.

>new music in 2016

It was alright but I don't think I could go through it again

The opening track of this was good

Maybe I'm a bit too harsh on it, it still has some good songs, Nattersferd being my favorite, but the first two records are just so much better.

I'm still happy I got to see them live, even if they played mostly their newer songs.

It's unusually good for /mu that is for sure

Here we go let's do it then

It's very energetic, I've sort of heard it before though, about 20 years ago.

It'd be good speeding on a deserted motorway at 2am

No way man. That album is like TMS if TMS wasn't a sellout album with a tripe first half. It takes all the sounds they've used previously and combines them into a very catchy album.

There's something there sometimes, it's best in the background, it's very bombastic but doesn't leave an impact

Spotify crashed which sums up the experience

Not looking forward to this one

>inb4 it's better than SILY

You know those theme park rides where people sit in a gondola on a water filled moat and they'll go into a cave with bubble machines and animated berries with faces doing things
It's the same music they play on those rides

>memedied
You should commit memesuicide

Don't be horrible

that was pretty awful I can't finish it

It is high quality

new tim hecker

this is quite literally wrong

this

this, also pic related

I'd have to agree, am I the only one who doesn't get the appeal behind the avalanches at all? I find most of their tracks either dull at best or annoying at worst, what am I doing wrong?

Wild Nothing had nowhere to go, though. He should have shelved the project and started something new and completely different.

yes

no

this

>muh opinions

yeah, most of the stuff in this year is just ok, nothing really groundbreaking. I wish new Danny Brown album will at least change my mind...

this shit was so awful

agreed, but they had some good singles

disagree

i know that you can't expect something really big from yung lean but hoover was promising that this album will be at least ok but when it came out it was even worse than his previous releases

>the only 2 good songs from his entire discography are on this album
>worse than his previous releases

I think its good but it has its pretty long winded

There isn't a lot of variety to it either

Ghoulgotha

youtube.com/watch?v=NuIbs_-mPqM
Published on Dec 6, 2014

youtube.com/watch?v=9to57DD9eyw
Published on March 14, 2016

Its not bad though and I've only heard it a couple times

Bobby Tarantino

I dunno, I wanted more "Logic"-sounding stuff, not just "Logic-making-rap", if that makes any sense. Like there were no standout tracks like, imo, Never Enough, Under Pressure, Like Woah, Break It Down, etc

might've been because there was less of a focus on samples.

Does Human Story count or was no one expecting it to be good anyway?

I was definitely disappointed by it as well.

t. obnoxious deathgripsfags

This was the first album of his that really blew me away.

Listen to it again. Quite a few tracks are actually really good, with Radio Silence being the best song James Blake has ever done.
Unfortunately true
This as well. I wasn't even expecting anything good and I was disappointed. Unknown Memory is great though.

I've listened to it quite a few times and it does nothing for me. I wanted to like it but the sheer length of the project was far too ambitious for what he actually achieved.

Netsky hasn't been good since his first album.

Okay.

I really enjoyed this actually

>liking Meir

nah man

m8 with love came out b4 metro boomin was even a thing. ur giving zomby too much credit lol

Fuck no. Definitely in the top 2 of their discography

>almost ten year wait
>shorter than their first EP
>like three of the five songs are good

All hope lost

>In increasing order according to shittiness:

A moon shaped pool
Bottomless pit
The life of pablo
Temple rain

fef

Yeah

>instead of ripping off MBV they decided to rip off Spiritualized

Views

I honestly expected a mainstream/pop rap classic from Drake, but it was probably his weakest album.

He'll never top Take Care.

Feel No Ways great though.

I still liked it.
the last song isnt really a song i think, more like an outro thingy.
the songs are just so much better when they're performed live, saw them 3 times last summer and heard 4 new songs live and theyre great

Not a disappointment at all, my dude. The opposite.

This was, sadly.

I feel so alone in my liking of this album, Playing With, Strawberry Jam, and MWPP are their best imo

I feel like none of the "big names" met or exceeded expectations. Prove me wrong?

Royce is on point as always, you can feel how complete it is and that he worked his socks off to deliver something different, but it's just boring and tiresome. In theory, everything in it's place, in practice, I can't sit down and listen the LP from front to back.

Modest disappointment, but still good enough to be in rotation for a while.

Logic's tragic is timing. Had he been around 5 years earlier than he finally did, he would be much bigger. His style sounds like a patchwork from new-wave artists who made it big in the meantime.

Agreed. Somewhat ironic that his previous works led him to the very top of his career, where he then delivers his weakest album. Maybe even worse than the admittedly rushed Thank Me Later was.

Really decent mixtape. I can't even remember any song from it

This album is EASILY the most disappointing of the year. Complete garbage compared to Acid Rap