>2016
>boreball still being played

why is this allowed? can we finally put this ancient relic out of its misery? literally nobody under 25 actually watches this "sport" anymore. it's time to move on, America.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FrNoK1V7V4Q
espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12508142/major-league-baseball-dying-think-again
forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/08/baseball-is-dying-dont-be-stupid/#61bcfaef3076
sportsworld.nbcsports.com/baseball-is-not-dying/
sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/is-baseball-dying--nope--actually-the-values-of-mlb-teams-are-skyrocketing-192424682.html
businessinsider.com/the-theory-that-baseball-is-dying-is-a-total-myth-2013-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you plan to die in the next 12 years? If not, then you'll be 25 and you'll start to love it.

Sorry your uncle raped you as a child.

i plan on watching again now that the phillies are winning again fampatchi

Civilized people with disposable incomes watch baseball.

Don't really care about the rest of humanity.

Been watching baseball since I was a kid. I'm 24 now friendo. Why does anyone watch soccer? That shits a thousand times more dreadful than baseball.

>muh beautiful draw

>2016
>handegg still scrambling brains

both soccer and baseball are shit. whats your point?

>hitter comes up to bat
>takes a bunch of meaningless practice swings
>spends 15 seconds just getting into the box doing superstitious bullshit
>finally ready for the pitch
>pitcher begins his slow pre windup routine
>there's a runner on first
>pitcher stares at him for at least 10 seconds
>pitcher looks at batter then attempts a pick off throw
>runner is never close to being caught
>because of the throw the batter has left the box
>has to take more practice swings and unstrap his gloves for no reason again
>finally something meaningful may happen
>pitch is thrown
>ball 1
>hitter immediately walks out of the box
>entire process repeats
>does entire superstitious autism routine again
>two more pick off throws to waste even more time
>ready for second pitch
>batter calls for time for no reason
>ump puts his hands in the air
>start all over again
>five minutes later
>full count
>batter hasn't even swung yet
>at least one pick off throw between every pitch
>even the people in the stands are just checking their facebook now
>pitch is thrown
>batter swings
>foul ball
>he's still not out
>more foul tips, failed pickoffs, and bullshit ensue
>announcers have flat out run out of things to talk about
>"This is a great at bat for Hernandez"
>mfw
>12th pitch
>finally a ball is hit in play
>weak pop up to right
>inning over
>turn off TV

basebore, not even once.

Kill yourself, that's the point

Gave both sports a chance, both blow but boreball has It's name for a reason.

no need to be upset, gramps

ITT:

>I need a lot of running and jumping around for something to be compelling for me because I'm a childish twat with ADHD.

Boreball fans like to like their "sport" is so intellectual.

It's not. It's nothing but a scripted sequence of 1v1 encounters. There's little to no improvising on the fly and absolutely no actual teamwork.

It's inferior to more fluid and complex team-oriented sports where numerous factors must be quickly and intuitively evaluated by multiple teammates from an ever changing game situation. The beauty of superior sports like soccer and hockey is when proper instruction effectively blends the power of drilling and cohesion with chemistry and raw instincts. That's where you get creativity and truly unique moments. No two plays are the same.

Boreball is always the same thing: Homerun. Diving catch. Strikeout.

Isolated, compartmentalized and repetitive.

This is why a sport with such a glorious history is no longer appealing to today's youth. It has nothing to do with ADHD, a lack of a father figure or whatever "memes" boreball fans desperately cling to.

It's dying due to inherent simplicity/inferiority and boreball fans won't ever admit it.

Then why is it 3x as popular as youth football?

>Ive never played baseball before

FIRST POST BEST POST

>dying
>MLB Network is making money and are getting massive TV money

Surely a poster on Sup Forums knows more than the contract writers about this :^)

all 10 of MLB's best-attended seasons have occurred in the last decade

Nice try

nice

>2nd most watched sport in america after football
>$9 billion in revenue
>$2 billion revenue increase in the last 4 years
>2nd only to soccer for youth sports
>continuous record setting attendance

Yeah, it's really struggling right now

At least Baseball is more exciting than soccer.

9/28/2011, find me a date in soccer that's not just some boring championship or single match that's better than this day in Baseball.
youtube.com/watch?v=FrNoK1V7V4Q

Protip, you can't.

Soccer is a team sport. Therefore it's fundamentally superior to luckswing.

Nice try.

>It's dying

My all time favorite meme. Baseball has rebounded since the steroid era and it's really doing better than ever. Its true that African Americans are abandoning baseball compared to before, but in terms of popularity and revenue it's still very much alive and strong.

I love football too, but I expect baseball to eventually become the number 1 sport again. Parents are becoming terrified of their kids playing youth football because of all the news about concussions and such.

Fuck off Commie lover. No one cares.

Cool, I look forward to your demonstration of manning the field solo

>Soccer doesn't have simple shit like stoppage of time
>Red carding people who are caught flopping
>Instant replay to get calls right
These alone are why Soccer is shit tier.

CHI

The ignorance and denial you find in typical boreball fans is admittedly impressive.

Baseball will never be #1 again. It will soon slip to NHL/MLS status before being relegated to tier shenanigans.

Watch any highlights on ESPN at all the empty seats. Not tickets sold. I'm talking about people that actually attend the games. It's sad really how far it's fallen so quickly.

>watch any highlights on ESPN

I don't get how Americans call soccer a commie sport without even realizing American sports are literally communist.

It's ok, I understand. It's much easier to be a casual fan of other sports

TV runs sports though, so it really doesn't matter to the survival of the game if Disney will still pay big bucks for baseball games because advertisers feel baseball is big enough to warrant the high ad costs.

FPBP

The average audience between 18 and 49 for NFL broadcasts across CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN and the NFL Network has declined by about 10.6% over the last four seasons, according to Nielsen data prepared by Horizon Media, to about 7.7 million in 2013 from about 8.62 million in 2010. Meantime, male viewers between 18 and 24 watching the sport have also fallen off, tumbling about 5.3% in the same time period, to approximately 847,000 in 2013 from 894,000 in 2010.

“This segment is not passionate about the NFL like older age groups,” says Kirk Wakefield, executive director of sports and entertainment marketing at Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business. “The social status of NFL teams and players may be deteriorating compared to other pastimes or interests that are more personally engaging.” An NFL spokesman did not respond to a query about the ratings declines.

>implying baseball is dying and not that youth are just not as interested in sports in general

You have to go back Pablo

ITT: OP BTFO

Maybe you should do a little research next time you fucking idiot

I really hope you realize how dumb and retarded you sound right now.

>legitimately admitting to illiteracy

what a shocker coming from a boreball fan

This post literally makes no sense

Here's some reading for you:

espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12508142/major-league-baseball-dying-think-again

forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/08/baseball-is-dying-dont-be-stupid/#61bcfaef3076

sportsworld.nbcsports.com/baseball-is-not-dying/

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/is-baseball-dying--nope--actually-the-values-of-mlb-teams-are-skyrocketing-192424682.html

businessinsider.com/the-theory-that-baseball-is-dying-is-a-total-myth-2013-10

There are a lot of great facts and figures in these articles that you might be able to grasp, don't be willfully ignorant just because your team has shitty ownership and is eternal 5th placers

Majority of fans at the ballpark are 50-60+.

Kids in high school are talking more about Champions League than they are about the "World Series".

The league is being propped up by lucrative regional cable tv deals that won't always be around. As more and more people cut the cord, that foundation will be taken out from under MLB.

Just look around on the web. Look at the headlines. It's more about the NBA, soccer, UFC, e-sports, NFL, even the NHL.

Baseball isn't dying but it's dead to America's youth.

Stay delusional, Chad.

>I'm not going to read those but here are my totally unbiased opinions I swear

Well I can't make you not be an idiot, baseball isn't for everyone

You can reduce any sport down the way you did to make it seem "Isolated, compartmentalized and repetitive."

(what is the point of the word "compartmentalized" in that sentence anyway? it's a big useless word for what you are trying to convey, making you seem more like a pretentious dick).

I can't speak to soccer because I don't know anything about it. But come on...hockey, at least nowadays, is not creative at all. And I like both hockey and baseball.

How can you watch 162 3 hour baseball games?

I like watching baseball when my team (the A's) are good. Yes, I am fairweather, but I cannot make myself sit through 162 3 hour games when my team is horrible.

And even when I do watch the A's, I don't watch games of any other teams. Every regular season game counts for around 0.5% of the season. How can you watch national baseball games that aren't your team when the game counts for 0.5% of the season?

At least in the NFL basically every game matters (worth 6.25% of the season) so you know that watching a Sunday, Monday, or Thursday night game, even if the teams aren't yours, it will matter in the big scheme of things.

Even when the 49ers suck, I can watch every game and it's only ~48 hours (16 games x 3 hours)

>what is the point of the word "compartmentalized"

have you never properly scored a game from play to play?

baseball is precisely compartmentalized. each play is a open/shut case had often times has no bearing on what happens next.

free flowing sports are always in flux and no two plays are the same. all that's happening right now can be directly linked to what happened prior. that's what makes them more dynamic.

Well that's an element to the "popularity" thing

It is a hell of a lot easier to watch one game, or hey, almost all of them, on one day a week, on the weekend no less.

I try to watch as many Sox games as I can but you aren't going to catch all of them

People are much more inclined to watch their shitty NFL team once a week than their shitty MLB team 162 days a year

That's a matter of convenience, not a measure of popularity

exactly. when the A's were good, like in 2012 and 2013, i watched most A's night games. I watched probably 100 games each of those seasons.

It's just so hard for me to care about watching a game when each game on its own is worth so fucking little.

At least watching football, even a regular Sunday game between good teams I will watch because it will affect the standings. It's like, why the fuck should I watch an ESPN Sunday Night Baseball game between 2 of the top teams in May/June when the game doesn't have one iota of an effect on the standings? When games are basically meaningless until at least August?

This is so impossibly stupid I can hardly believe it

You can say the EXACT SAME THING for football

Each play is an open and shut case and has just as much influence on the next play as with baseball

If you're talking about soccer, well, pfft

>divegrass

If you score a game on a piece of paper, yes, I suppose you can literally compartmentalize the happenings of a baseball game...

But even those happenings are never necessarily the same, even if they seem that way on the surface. There are so many little circumstantial variables to everything that happens in a baseball game.

You don't see this because you aren't paying attention, and you probably don't want to, or you don't care, because you obviously don't like baseball!!

But still, the notion that "each play is a open/shut case" is not true at all. Outs made at various points in a game dictate who bats at later points in the game, and how many times.

Come on man, tell that to the teams who miss the playoffs by one game

I would never blame someone for falling off a bit when their team is shit, but saying one game doesn't matter just isn't true. You get a feel for how your SP is doing, watching for players to break out of slumps, etc.

Baseball is as boring as you want it to be

that dude said it pretty stupid, but a good amount of baseball at-bats ARE "open and shut"

he meant that you can have a ton of at-bats per game where a guy grounds, strikes, or flies out and the runners dont move at all.

in football at least almost every play gains/loses yard and has them moving up the field to a discernible goal

Let me guess you like superhero movies with simple plots and lots of punching.

Baseball is a sport that requires you to switch your brain on and appreciate nuance.

So BTFO he has to lie

>what is pitch count

It's like I'm talking to a pack of retards

If you don't like something, fine, but if you decide to shit on it at least know what the fuck you're talking about

It's a game that captures the slower pace of life of the era that created it. It's almost unfathomably comfy to go to a game or watch it on tv and not have to worry about the clock or constant frantic running around.

Things can be entertaining and relaxing at the same time.

Okay yes, a team can miss the playoffs by one game, that makes the number of games in baseball even fucking stupider. You play a 6 month, 162 fucking game season and one game, worth 0.5% of the season, can eliminate you.

and yes, when my team was good, i intently watched those games and knew all about my starting pitchers, relievers, closer, how good our guys were at hitting/defense, everything.

im just saying that the exhaustion that following baseball causes is why its popularity is going down

That's the thing...All the people I know who don't like baseball actually know very little about the game. That's why I didn't like it as much when I was in my early teens, because, well, there was so much I didn't know. I saw it as "guy throw ball guy try hit ball" and I think that's what most baseball haters really see baseball as, and yeah, I can't blame them because that is pretty boring.

The more games played the better representation you get for their overall power

Let me get this perfectly straight, you think it's dumb that there are so many games, thus decreasing the "impact" of each game, but then get butthurt about how one game can decide if they make the playoffs?

Get your opinions straight and come back to me

It's not that exhausting to check a box score once in a while.

>A's fan angry about final deciding games

Well no wonder

Opinion disregarded

ITT: boreball fans on full code red damage control

ITT: you got BTFOed literally every time you posted

Baseball has a lot of empty seats because with 162 games people can really pick and choose when they want to go. In any case the big teams like the Cub, Dodgers and Yankees consistently Pack their seats.

Your sport was fundamentally destroyed and literally proven to be inferior to other sports.

Your reign as america's pastime ended 20 years ago and now its very relevance is threatened.

it must truly suck to know the world has passed you by, user

>Yankees

funny you mention the yanks because that was the game that came to mind. literally empty seats everywhere INCLUDING directly behind the plate

dont let the inflated tickets sold numbers fool you. the parks are empty these days across the entire league

Hahahahaha, see the thing is you can't rewrite history when the posts are still available for reading

Stay obsessed tho

Baseball stopped being America's past time after the NFL merger. More than 20 years ago. Dont know of you're the same guy, but saying that the Champions League and the NhL are more popular than MLB with American kids is galactically stupid.

Where is the fun in following a sport if you are just looking at box scores?

>Let me get this perfectly straight, you think it's dumb that there are so many games, thus decreasing the "impact" of each game, but then get butthurt about how one game can decide if they make the playoffs?

Now you get it. Yes, it's ridiculous that you play almost 5 games a week every week for 6 months, an absolutely obscene number of games, and then you can get eliminated in the fucking stupid ass "wild card" 163rd game, just one game.

At least the NBA and NHL have a large number of games but go straight into their 7 game playoff series.

And in a sport like the NFL where each game IS extremely important, it makes sense that their playoff series are "win or go home", unlike stupid ass baseball where you play so many games that each one is basically rendered meaningless, and then just one game eliminates you, how asinine

It's the second most popular sport in America, everything you say is just factually incorrect

No

Baseball was still king into the early 90s. It was then where the NBA and NFL gained ground and provided the country with 3 viable and thriving leagues. Baseball fell off with the strike and NBA struggled post Jordan opening the door for the NFL to become new crowned king... where we stand today

Now you know ;)

I was hoping you were going to pick up on the fact that those are contradictory statements, but oh well

Maybe don't be a fucking Wild Card team? How about that? More evidence that every game matters

My little brother who is 19 can tell you half of the main players of barca, Real Madrid, even fucking Leicester. He probably can't even name 5 mlb teams. And e sports are another one, that fucking cs go game. Trust me, nobody watches baseball anymore in the 18-24 year old demographic. It's all football and soccer.

And we aren't fucking spics either this is suburban white people who go to college.

>anecdotal evidence

Yawn

Your faggot brother doesn't represent anything other than himself

I like how they claim the sport is dying, yet you see players getting 100+ million dollar contracts left and right. Obviously teams expect and are getting high returns on their investment.

>my brother who isn't a baseball fan can't tell you stuff about baseball

Wow, what a solid and convincing argument, 10/10

We really gotta stop letting the brown people in.

Typical blind and delusional boreball fans.

It's like you're so oblivious, you're beyond logic at this point. You've lost your way, gramps. Just like your silly "sport".

>10s of millions of young people in the country
>well my little brother said blahblah so...

People who claim the sport is dying just see people on Sup Forums saying the sport is dying and use that as "evidence"

Whenever you show them facts and figures they usually just start spouting off about how boring it is

ESPN started pandering to "the hip hop crowd".

That's the thing, I don't know anybody who actually likes or talks about baseball. Nobody at my uni only some manlet mexican at my old job, that's literally it. The only person I could talk to baseball about. It's all about the video games and soccer. It's just my experience from high school/ workplace/ college with other suburban white kids.

You have got to be the worst person I've ever seen try and do this, like hilariously bad

>If my little brother isn't evidence enough then you're just being illogical

WOW
O
W

Baseball has 162 x 30 = 2,430 games a season. They play in the summer when they are literally the only sport going on.

Gee, you mean with the massive amount of revenue they obtain from the massive amount of games they play, they can give the largest contracts in sports out? You don't say.

If the NFL had 162 games a season, with the prices they charge for tickets (unlike baseball stadiums which have thousands of low-priced tickets) they would give out $500-600 million contracts to the top players

Not even the same guy you replied to buddy. And I'm just saying what I know anecdotally. I don't know for sure I'm just saything what I know, I didn't once say it was dying just stated what I see.

Noted, disregarded, moving on

There is a reason hearsay isn't allowed in the courtroom, it's fucking worthless

>he thinks the demand and price of tickets would remain steady if they played 162 games a season

Ok, now I KNOW I'm talking to an idiot

Where do you live?

Austin Texas. And even one of my classmates went of to pitch for UT, where I go.

This is a courtroom? And I'm just saying, everybody watches the nba playoffs, everybody watches nfl, nobody watches mlb from my demographic, even more watch fucking cs go.

Hahaha the tickets wouldnt stay at the prices they are now if the NFL had 162 game.

high school classmate****

So you live in the NFL motherland that has zero good baseball teams and you're wondering why baseball isn't as popular there

What a headscratcher. I'm just wasting my time at this point, good luck Japan, I'm off to watch the Expanse! (Great show btw)