Anything goes

Personal or objective 10/10's

Go

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gTc5ZmTeuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Ig_fhJ5r4
youtube.com/watch?v=pvXm2BHdBrU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I clicked here because of the image. I don't understand your question.

Ocean Man!

These

rating multiple things as 10/10 is fucking stupid. unless you think that every one of them is exactly the same, it makes no sense.

I didnt meant to say it like that, it is one personal 10/10 to clarify

Just post the album you absolutely love man

The cure - the top

lol what

Not loveless anymore

My nigga

We're getting a shitton of amazing albums btw. Good job guys

Easily their best album.

i saw one of their reunion shows a few years back, real fun

mule variations

Not even their best.

Oh of course, but I also really enjoyed their previous album. Do you know any other bands with similar lyrical themes?

Feel free to mention an album when you're disagreeing.

i'll back you up and say that sad wings of destiny is pretty easily their best

lmfao

by saying this, you also mean that there can only be ONE 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 and so on, or else you are fucking stupid?

lol didn't u know there's only 10 albums

my man

Steely dan- aja

Good pick user

I agree with you except for
>This plane is definitely crashing

I'm probably gonna sound retarded but what website is this? I wanna make my own ratings

rateyourmusic.com

reddit.com

first album that introduced me to good music

What the actual fuck

Get better looking cum, that shit's gross.

My racial pejorative

Holy Fuck- Latin

Nice, but what makes you think Draft is better than Confield or Untilted? I think both of those are 10s but Draft is an 8 at best.

Confield is very good, but doesn't reach the instrumental genius of Draft. Untilted feels a little mechanical and soulless to me.

I feel like Draft is like a less subtle version of Confield with more hip hop. It's still a great album, in my top 100, but Confield is my all time favourite album. Untilted is mechanical definitely, but it's not soulless, it's just much more techno influenced than the previous two records.

good choice

Confield is full of great ideas and beautiful moments, I just feel some of the tracks are very repetitive while Draft's tracks subtly evolve. It was their generative beatmaking at its best.

not my favourite album ever but one of my few 10/10s

No one should be allowed to write the phrase "Objective 10" unless they are willing to follow it with a sound philosophical aesthetic argument for why I should believe such a thing exists.

Burden of proof is with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=-gTc5ZmTeuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Ig_fhJ5r4
youtube.com/watch?v=pvXm2BHdBrU

what are you doing with my personal hot glued copy of loveless, user?

all of darkthrones early albums were consistently good outside panzerfaust which still has some decent songs. havent listened to anything after that though, shame its shit on for literally being popular, youll see that a lot in the community where people wont even mention it as a favorite because it might not make them look kvlt enough

if an album succeeds in evoking the feeling the artist originally intended while writing it

anybody seen Ween since they got back together? gonna see them two nights in a row later this month

and my album

listened to this for two years straight when i was fresh out of highschool
shit gets me every damn time

I disagree. I think all art is open to interpretation and no two people will have the exact same response to it.

In my opinion every song on here is a 10 except Holiday which is probably a 8 or 9

what you are referring to is mainstream music, wide appeal to many different types of people. those cannot be objectively 10/10, only subjectively. if you can interpret anything on your own it cannot be objective, if the artist can accurately express a specific feeling to its listeners it is objectively a 10/10

First question: If I grant your definition, what's your objective standard for evaluating the success of evoking it's intended feeling?

Second question: If I don't grant your definition, What if an artist creates an album to evoke the feeling of disgust and hated, so he makes a really intentionally shit album. Is it then a 10/10?

To expand on the first question. What happens in the case of disagreement? Where two equally cultured, revered critics and people come to different conclusions on the success of an album evoking it's intended feeling. How do you determine who the right one is?

Hey

objectivity is a subjective term friend

o wow, btw happy 13th birthday

this is objectively wrong
> (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

This is the album that made me start to fall in love with hip hop.

I don't have a 10/10, but I'll post my closest.

theres just something so warm and pure about this one and i know I'm probably the only one who would give this 10/10

Perfect album.

>toilet sounds
>10/10

Take me by the FUCKING hand ocean man ocEan mAn thatssome ocean man right th ere rightthere if i doƽay so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM�� HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Ocean man

My niggas
Not the best Weezer album but still really good
Not even Bowie's best
Not even DG best
Not even Arcade Fire's best

forgot pic

it may not be their best, but it's still a 10/10 famicom