ITT: Improve an album

>Remove all the shitty Regge bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RQbXWD7l4vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he doesn't like the reggae songs
get out

Remove A Spirit Steals a Child and it's perfect.

wrong

Remove all the noisy bullshit

agreed, I love reggae but those were just bland

>The whole album

Without all the fuzz and overdubs this would be a much better album

This album is already perfect you dumbass fucker

>kid a
>remove the shitty ballad

remove every even numbered song after track 5

What?
It had ballets

Shit thread and OP is a faggot

>-Cameo
>+Let's Get To It

Nah. Fuck you.

Remove everything before Double Helix.

Remove most of the skits, and cut "Wishful Beginnings" and "No Control".

(I love Bowie but god damn Wishful Beginnings is one of the worst songs he's ever made)

>not liking As Your Father I Expressly Forbid It and Reaganomics

Shit cover desu

don't press play.

Replace Morning Bell with Kinetic

Shit
Replace Morning Bell with Kinetic

Ignore Disc 2

Make the reggae tracks closer to a more beefed up version of post-punky dub stuff.

Make the actual progressions on each track more varied so the album has more charm than just its unique surface sound.

Add more guitars/textures to make it as complex as people think it is. Like Glenn Branca number of guitars. And redo all the drum parts.

as the 1 idiot whose favorite song on this album is Ancient Aliens I take offense to this

>every metal album ever made
Take out the guitar solos, find something actually unique to do with that section each song

Remove Good Morning Good morning, replace it with Strawberry Fields

Nah, I'd remove all the songs except Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

>remove the guitar solos, do a le experimental psychedelic electroacoustic ambientnoisedrone improvisation instead!!!!1
end yourself

remove everything after collect call

stadium love is pretty good

>Not replacing it with Amazing Sounds of Orgy.

pls remove Nancy Sings

I love I jah is excellent you plen

>removing Punk Weight and Hacker
Fuck you

A few things:
>Add Boyz-N-The-Hood and A Bitch Iz A Bitch
>Remove Dopeman (remix) and replace with the original track
>Remove Express Yourself and replace it with its extended mix
>Remove Something 2 Dance 2

So the tracklist would look something like this:
>Straight Outta Compton
>Fuck Tha Police
>Gangsta Gangsta
>Boyz-N-The-Hood
>Parental Discretion Iz Advised
>Something Like That
>If It Ain't Ruff
>Quiet on Tha Set
>Compton's In The House (Remix)
>Dope Man
>8 Ball (Remix)
>I Ain't Tha 1
>A Bitch Iz A Bitch
>Express Yourself (Extended Mix)

So here you'll have three sections to the record:
>the 1-2-3 punch Straight Outta Compton is so famous for, plus another landmark West Coast gangsta rap track directly following it
>the "party/braggadocio" tracks, kept fresh by alternating between Ren/Dre cuts and Ren's solo cuts
and
>the songs commentating on various aspects of the community: the drug dealers, the cheap liquor, the gold diggers and the bitches

And the album ends with the implication that all the things said in the album are just N.W.A. expressing themselves, and you are given the takeaway message to express yourself as well.

I felt like the main draw of Straight Outta Compton was the lyrics, so I centered the album composition around them.

Don't you have to be 18 to use Sup Forums?

remove the ballads.

I Love I Jah is pretty good though
Agreed, although pretty much all the amnesiac b-sides are worth putting on the album
Disc 2 may not be as good as disc 1, but it's still got some great songs (dirty boy ffs!)
Agreed
Sounds pretty damn good, way more classic-worthy

Thanks. I guess my gripe with this tracklist is that due to the admittedly dated beats, the album could lose steam from Something Like That to Compton's In The House, but I felt that Ren shines too well technically, especiallly in terms of flow, on his solo cuts, so I didn't want to leave them out, especially since he was N.W.A.'s main lyricist after Cube left. The album still bumps well from a stereo though. Also, I felt that Compton's In The House was a nice transition to the third part of the record because Dre says
>It's time to put Compton on the map
at the end of it, and then the next few songs "put Compton on the map" culturally.

I wish someone else would listen to the tracklist so I could know if what I said actually works in practice. These are just ideas after all; the main objective should be to create a tracklist that's good all around, and that someone would want to listen to again, regardless of my overanalyses.

Duck you

>You don't love I Jah.
fuck

remove the vocals

Fuck you and your shit taste you faggot now kys

Shit thread and OP is still a faggot and fuck you if you disagree

youtube.com/watch?v=RQbXWD7l4vw

Here you go, user.

What the hell kind of opinion is this

>implying I meant it had to be experimental in some sort of way

I mean if the band has run out of ideas so fuckin hard they have to resort to a guitar solo, they should just end the fucking song there, solos (except in rare cases where the solo actually elaborates on the song and isn't just another fucking guitar solo that you could copy and paste to literally any metal song in existence)

>before
>>>>>>>>>

Remove everything between Gimmie Love and Let's Get Lost

>remove Boy Problems
r u dense

>wanting to take out the best track

When I was younger and couldn't tell good reggae from bad reggae I used to enjoy this album from start to finish. I think it wouldn't really make a difference either way if you removed the reggae or not but I think they should've used the original version of Pay to Cum. The remake is just terrible. Still a good album though.

Nice. This tracklist works so much better.

remove every odd numbered track

I disagree but it's an underdiscussed point that it could still be a great album without the noisy production

Take out most, if not all of the guitar work
Take out the jazz pieces. They're not bad, just really out of place.

holy fucking shit dude

>removing Dirty Boy and Nurses Whispering Verses
>intentionally making the album worse

BUT IT'S ONLY ONE TRACK! OH I GET IT, YOU THINK THE ALBUM SUCKS! XD

remove all the tracks

>extend Dawn Patrol into an actual thrash song, make the current song the intro.
>cut the intro to Poison Was the Cure by about half the time.

This

Have literally anybody else rap that isn't MF DOOM

>THIS PLANE IS DEFINITELY CRASHING

>that one DOOM song where Mr Fantastik steals the show
What happened to that guy

fucking scum

remove come together and those shitty filler tracks (the individual and no god only religion)

die

NO MAN THE MEME GOES DEEPER THERE'S ACTUALLY 2 TRACKS ON DOPESMOKER

agree on come together but holy fucking shit that second point is so fucking bad
both of those tracks are great, especially no god only religion

remove the bullshit at the end of L'Via and The Widow and replace it with some acoustic guitar or something