What went wrong?

what went wrong?

peter pan syndrome, shit taste, letting yourself go, etc.

Trent still looks pretty good. Marilyn Manson was never attractive, or talented, for that matter.

God they were so dreamy. What a threesome that would be.

Trent is still handsome as fuck, not to mention ripped. Manson has just been on a
Downward Spiral

Trent looks pretty good now what are you smoking.

top kek

I assume you're using Trent as a comparison to show just how JUST Manson is.
Because I would let Trent fuck the shit out of me (not in a gay way)

Trent looks great though.

I'd let Trent fuck me like an animal

I grew up around him in Fort Lauderdale, my exes bands played in warehouse bays in the same complexes and I had high school friends who hung out with his spooky kid entourage.

I could go on and on, this guy is a liar and a total fraud. Death and insanity follow him around like a cloud and I know that might seem like a complement, but it is not.

Interesting words have been supposedly said by Trent Reznor about what happened with Manson. He was basically a pretender to the lifestyle of the other alcoholic or heroin addicted post-industrial people like Al Jourgensen, aDuck, Ogre, cEVIN, etc. After a while he just embraced it and couldn't handle the lifestyle and just became a shitty uninspired loser. Trent battled his addictions and won, and during this battle, made many concept albums that evolved beyond angst. With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Fragile were all codifiers of him moving past his problems.

diet and exercise

Wait no homo though

Trent is actually a good composer, while Manson is mostly an edgy performance artist who ran out of things to say around 2003.
Also, drugs.

Doesn't everybody know this by now? The Bowling for Columbine interview might have been the worst thing that ever happened to him, it humanized him too much

please do go on and on, thats what the thread is for

>Trent is actually a good composer

He's god

This is what happened to goths.

Being someone who has listened to roughly 400 industrial rock albums...

I have to say. He really is one of the greatest songwriters in the genre, and 90% of artists fumble over each other to construct and master music as well as his. The only bands in the style that are /arguably/ better are probably Killing Joke, Foetus, VAST, and the Birthday Massacre. Or Ministry if you've heard what they did between Twitch and Psalm 69

Would you still fuck Manson though?

Listen to Coil or throbbing gristle

First wave industrial isn't comparable to the electro-industrial and industrial rock scenes of the 80's and 90's. This is the problem with Industrial. First wavers who never stop preaching the bands everyone has already heard a million times over.

Trent may be a skilled composer, but all his skill is wasted on gutless, boring tracks that fail to convey any feeling other than tiredness and apathy.

He has a small handful of aggressive punky tracks that are worthy of being listened to by people who claim to like industrial, but other than that it's wankery with no orgasm at the end.

Nobody in their right mind should give a shit about the fact that March of the Pig has irregular time signatures or someshit. It's not cool, it doesn't sound particularly good, and it's not interesting. It's just something people who try to play his songs fetishize in order to make that endeavor seem worthwhile.

It's that pop sensibility. If you listen to Head like a Hole, it's pretty much every industrial preoccupation simplified to a catchy synthpop song.

You're a loser

being a loser's pretty authentic when you like industrial

Just like how Tanzdiktator is pretty much every industrial preoccupation simplified to a catchy dance club hit.

I know, it's awful

DUDE WHAT HAPPEND TO YOUR NECK DID U EAT UR NECK?

Martial industrial > industrial rock > old-school EBM > electro-industrial > first wave

I wish Trent would going to defiantly refusing to sell out.

I wish Trent would take back Hesitation Marks, tell us all it was a joke or ghost written.

Family life is anathema to that man's talents, now that he has some measure of happiness and a family his art has suffered dearly.

Sure but now he's not on heroin

Trent is DILF-tier.

Jesus what a mess.

Trent looks better than ever. Choke me daddy!!!!!

Even if his music isn't as good as it used to be, the guy deserves some happiness after all that he's been through.

these dubs

Trent adulted.

elaborate mate please don't be bait, i can wait.

Brian got dumber and Trent got smarter as they both accumulated more wealth.

They both make shitty music but Marilyn Manson seems to have a more fun life so he wins