Pop Country

Does anybody actually like this stuff? Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ORRQh9RzZ1U
youtube.com/watch?v=9F_FN4ygjTo
youtube.com/watch?v=uTUP4ET2IE0
youtube.com/watch?v=poDGP5b3wws
youtube.com/watch?v=KfDr_7LN-Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=nHsn4vD1cSg
youtube.com/watch?v=T5mxNy7Ytxk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When the singers look like her, yes they do.

Gross

Bluegrass metal is where it's at niggers.

youtube.com/watch?v=ORRQh9RzZ1U

I like Brad Paisley and Keith Urban cause they're GOAT guitarists and they both have a sense of humor
youtube.com/watch?v=9F_FN4ygjTo

Beer For My Horses is god-tier.

Im writing this because I want to go on record and say I find it utterly disgusting the way everybody on Music Row is coming up with any reason they can to hitch their wagon to his name while knowing full and damn well what he thought about them. If the ACM wants to actually celebrate the legacy and music of Merle Haggard, they should drop all the formulaic cannon fodder bullshit they've been pumping down rural America's throat for the last 30 years along with all the high school pageantry, meat parade award show bullshit and start dedicating their programs to more actual Country Music.

The Sturgill rant isn't going to catch on like the Scaruffi one, man. It's too accurate as apposed to Scaruffi who might literally be insane.

I'd pop her country

ssamwe

I recently realized that this one girl I went to high school with is in a hugely popular pop country duo.

I mean yeah musically it's not really my thing but more power to them I guess.

I've been waiting for a thread like this to ask the question, what is up with that fake twang in all the pop country dudes voices? Literally nobody talks or sings like that in real life. I don't get it. Is it like part of the product, that affect in the voice?

It's popular but it's not trendy

Niggers run the world now

>pop
>country
>both suck individually
>still suck when put together
Why would anyone like this garbage for anything other then the hot women that perform it? Those girls are literally the only reason pop country is a thing.

Hank Williams and Jerry Lee Lewis are good country musicians tho

Real talk, does anyone know the answer to this?

>I've been waiting for a thread like this to ask the question
You've been waiting for a thread to be made by someone else rather than... making it yourself?
Look at him and laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=uTUP4ET2IE0

"YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS WANNA KEY CHANGE?"

What does Sup Forums think of Hank Williams?

youtube.com/watch?v=poDGP5b3wws

Didn't care enough to make a thread about shit I don't listen to or want to listen to. Now that it's here, I remember that I had a question about this dumb inbred spectacle called American pop country radio.

Retard.

Same reason that the Beatles tried to sound as American as possible in their early years.

lol what.

The Beatles didn't "try" to sound American. They just listened to a lot of American music and that's natural how they ended up sounding when they sang. They've mentioned multiple times how they didn't even realize it until American audiences made a point of it.

*naturally

Which country duo?

these chicks
youtube.com/watch?v=KfDr_7LN-Ew

Was in choir with Maddie, I'm not even sure I ever had an actual conversation with her but she seemed like a nice enough person.

I knew it was them! I actually like some of their stuff. Not as much as some other popular country, but it's pretty fun.

Yeah I get that I'm just not really the target demographic...at least its not offensively pandery or manipulative like a lot of other pop country stuff can feel.

It's just funny, I think one year we both did songs for our school talent show, and now she's probably a millionaire and I'm just shitposting on Sup Forums....

Lived in a hickville; some dudes really do talk like that, but it is much more subtle. Not sure if singing would accentuate it more, but I always assumed that it was exaggerated in country.

Country is the only genre that will never experience a "punk" phase of any kind.
prove me wrong

Pop country was only good when Taylor did it. Now that she's only pop, pop country should die and never come back.

>Hank Williams
Country Folk
>Jerry Lee Lewis
Country Rock/Rockabilly.

Meat Puppets? Uncle Tupelo? GG Allin?

Yeah but like when Hank Williams or Buck Owens or Merle Haggard or whoever did it, you got that even if there was a twang, it was still their actual voice and that they had their own style. In modern pop country, it sounds the same in every song, lands at the same spot at the end of the third line in the verse etc. I don't think these dudes sound like this in real life at all. It's a put on. They're not hicks.

I have a soft spot for Jewel because she was played everywhere when I was a kid, but that's it.

I like Taylor Swift's music, but think Carrie Underwood is way hotter. I hate her music.
I'm from PA and country pop is fucking huge here.
This. I am totally against writing off an entire genre but country pop is 99.9999% or more shit. It gets under my skin and makes me show my power level and I hate when I do that.

These.
Pop country/Bro country should just die

It's kind of sad at this point

>Meat Puppets? Uncle Tupelo?
maybe
>GG Allin
is as much Country as the Melvins were K-Pop

youtube.com/watch?v=nHsn4vD1cSg

I can't because you're right
the consumer base of country music isn't interested in one either.
they want guys who are alpha male role models and hot bimbos to act as a counter balance.
An Iggy Pop or a Black Flag would never sell on the country circuit

What about the outlaw country subgenre? People like David Allan Coe

His entire discography is fantastic because he's got five great songs and just redoes the same five songs over and over again with different lyrics.

slightly edgier than bro country.

>hasn't heard Hank III
youtube.com/watch?v=T5mxNy7Ytxk

Sturgill is a pussy ass bitch.

(So is Rex Parker.)

Kid Rock is more country, and Hank, than him.