Pick one

pick one

Pet Sounds, easily. Best album ever made, and it far surpasses those other three.

What's the bottom left?

i'm a faggot and i love the beatles

the gay parade my of montreal
it doesnt deserve to be there lol

The Soft Bulletin without hesitation.

90's onward is always better than the 60's when it comes to psychedelia. I don't care much for vintage psychedelia overall.

i want to believe you, please show me the best 90's+ psychedelia

This
Also, of Montreal has much better albums than the one pictured

The MONO version of Sgt Pepper's

Mercury Rev - Yerself Is Steam
Animal Collective - Feels
Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
Panda Bear - Person Pitch
Black Dice - Beaches and Canyons
Candy Claws - Ceres & Calypso In the Deep Time (people always seem to get upset about this one for some reason even though it's pretty much exactly what pop should sound like.)

Psychedelia really reached its peak in the 2000's as far as I'm concerned. Part of my problem with 60's psych is that I see psychedelia as something that's supposed to sound new and fresh and a lot of vintage psych just doesn't do this by today's standards. Too many twangy chords and such to take me right out of the mood, but I guess they couldn't help it, the wretchedness of the early 60's was so recent. There are some amazing albums from that decade but they're mostly things like Astral Weeks, Music From Big Pink, etc where psychedelia is definitely an element but it's not what it focuses on.

how could you not choose pet sounds? GOAT

rousha rousha OH

My Beach Boys phase was over pretty quick.

>person pitch and yerself is steam are better than fucking pet sounds

Yerself Is Steam for sure

SPLHCB. Pet sounds was boring and I haven't heard the other 2.

Yeah, they don't have the fact that they're fifty years old with insane amounts of acclaim behind them so I'm never going to convince anybody. Words like 'seminal' and 'legendary' are actually some of the most cancerous buzzwords in music because they take the focus away from what the music actually accomplishes and just puts it up on these ridiculous pedestals. But those two albums are definitely more enjoyable that Pet Sounds, and actually Person Pitch pretty much does everything Pet Sounds did far better, but no one can admit that. They'll feel guilty or something.

or you know... tastes are subjective my nigga

Yeah but I feel like Pet Sounds and a lot of the "greatest albums of all time" kind of force people to act like it isn't. I can't prove this, but I just get a feeling that when it comes to albums like Pet Sounds a lot of people really like it, but then there are a lot of people who like it because they think they should and they end up trying to convince themselves to like it. Just a vibe I get.

You know how sometimes an album will grow on you after a disastrous first listen. I believe this is more what is happening here. Thing is, people are willing to give more chances to "the best album ever made" than this random album on youtube theyll never encounter again , i mean it must be considered the best for a reason.. so ttheyll listen again and at some points it grows on them. Imagine all the albums you could be enjoying right now had you given them more than a 10 min chance

Albums have definitely done this with me before. There are albums that become increasingly powerful the more I listen to then (Laughing Stock, Astral Weeks, etc) but when it comes to psychedelia I think a lot of that stuff was pushed to greater heights in the past two decades but people just get attached to how groundbreaking they were upon release.

Also, are there any albums you'd consider 'overrated,' or does acclaim always make up your mind for you?

not him but he already mentioned liking Astral Weeks and Music From Big Pink. both are highly acclaimed.

There are lots of overrated albums but I wouldnt call a post '65 Beatles album as such.
A lot of songs and albums feels like a wall of sound with a voice over to me. The Beatles wrote so many distinctive and (imo at least) perfect melodies. As a musician on its time this always was the hardest thing for me to do, and they just kept doing it non stop.
You people seem to think that people just acclaim whatever without actually having a basis for doing such. If the Beatles and the Beach Boys were exclusively revolutionary, they wouldnt be as acclaimed. They did write some damn fine music.
You dont have to agree but cmon now

also whoever said that wasn't me

I take back my first sentence because now that I think of it, overrated means fuck all. Many people liking something you don't doesn't make them wrong. Its perfectly rated by whoever likes it. Overrated is a term only for the narcissists

ITT: People start pretending to be each other out of fucking nowhere.

I think youre just confused

inversely many people probably hate them because of the hate they seem to receive on the internet notably

gay parade > soft bulletin > pet sounds > sgt peppers