What's the differences between dream pop and shoegaze?

What's the differences between dream pop and shoegaze?
Is there even a difference?

a fuzz pedal

distortion

one is more pop orientated, one is more rock orientated. Shoegaze came from alt / noise rock and is heavily reliant on walls of sound and distorted noisy guitars. Dream pop is sort of shoegaze without those musical ideas - putting emphasis on dreamy ethereal sounds instead.

The characteristics of both are obviously not mutually exclusive

Dream pop came first, evolving from gothic rock and ethereal wave, 4AD being the main label for that sound
Cocteau Twins is the major link between dream pop and shoegaze, shoegaze was more influenced by alternative rock and noise rock of the mid 80s like Sonic Youth and Jesus & Mary Chain, with the neo-psych edge of bands like Spacemen 3 and Loop

i fell in love with this genre recently, any good recommendations?

Beach House and Soud of Ceres

Ride

melody's echo chamber

LSD & The Search For God. They're better than Slowdive imo. Their s/t EP is like Loveless' little brother.

Shoegaze has that wall of sound, and focuses more on sonic textures. Dreampop is a bit more laid back and focuses primarily on ethereal melodies and dreamy bright tones. They're like sister genres, so there's quite a bit of overlap in the characteristics of both genres.

lush
asobi seksu
cherry glazerr
galaxy 500
the horrors
JAWS
peach kelli pop
the sundays
ringo deathstarr
whirr
some of my favorite shoegaze/dream pop artists
enjoy user =)

Is this dream pop?

Also what is some more non-shoegaze dream pop? I haven't found any lists that are purely dream pop.

real answer:
they are both same shit
one takes the elements of the other to create more pop oriented melodies
take a wild guess which

Wild Nothing, Nocturne being their better album(of the two I think).

Taste.

Listening to Mazzy Star right now and I guess I don't actually know what dream pop is, because this doesn't sound like I expected it would. I definitely expected a sound kinda like Souvlaki

Starting Over has a special place in my heart

shoegaze isn't real tho, mbv is noise pop.

Hope sandoval can still get it.

More like "better than anyone who's not MBV." I want them to put out a real LP so bad.