Let's talk about Beyoncé

let's talk about Beyoncé

She's a cancer like every other pop star.

Shes sexy as fuck

shes pretty hot for an old lady

let's not

She has a team of people who write her songs for her

every pop artist you hear on the radio has a team of writers

Oh, thats okay then

YAS QUEEN SLAY YAAAASSSS

destiny's child was my jam pham

grimes writes and produces her entire albums :^)

and it shows, bland ableton pop crap

yes but radiohead doesn't.

don't use grimes to attack beyonce, she would hate you.

y-y-you to

good i want her to hate me. i can neg her and get her to like me xd

Does she even have a personality? I feel like every single piece of her that has appealed to the public has been carefully choreographed in her lyrics, music videos, or live performance. Ive never seen her individually make an opinionated statement, or show any sort of emotion outside of a "performance".

that's wild

How isn't it? Every artform has its share of collaborative efforts. A director doesn't usually do all writing, shooting, producing, and acting in a movie. Any recipe cooked by a chef today either builds upon or is a revision of a pre-existing recipe, and in an upscale establishment he won't be the only one tasked with cooking the dish. Its not uncommon for visual artists to receive outside input or even collaboration on a project, and even more so with writers. Just because there's only one name attached to the cover of something doesn't mean only one person did all the work.

A lot of underground and outsider music sucks specifically because the budget doesn't exist to get a team to work on a project or because the forerunner refuses any outside input

Literally wikipedia your favorite record and read the production credits, imbecile

anything you say about beyonce not producing/writing her own stuff alone can be said equally about bowie and the members of radiohead. hardly anyone produces and creates their own stuff alone, directs their videos, etc.

in fact beyonce has more input into her videos (the most artistic part of lemonade) as a collaborator with the directors, than bowie or radiohead on their videos.

grimes is almost the *only* living person who makes good music who you can say made (some of) it all on their own, and their own videos.

it's really fucking dumb to compare anyone to her and say that proves the person is a hack.

radiohead and bowie are hacks compared to grimes. only prince is superior in his degree of independence, he created all his own music and played the instruments. of course, technology is more advanced now, so it's no longer necessary to be able to play every instrument like prince. grimes would never have been able to do what she did in prince's time. nevertheless, right now, no one but grimes is doing anything like that creatively. (tame impala sucks ass.)

radiohead work with producers and directors, bowie did, carly does, even frank ocean does. beyonce is no different, she just makes better music than any of these pop stars have made lately.

obviously you've been asleep since december 2013

Can you form a proper argument that proves popular = inherently bad?

Because if she lived and died having recorded music only for herself, and we heard her discography now it'd be lauded even more than it is now with her popularity.

>Prince played all the instruments
On some records yes but have you ever heard of The Revolution you fucking nitwit
Go back to your containment thread

note, the "some of" later in my post. i'm comparing prince and grimes to artists who never produced any music on their own, such as radiohead, bowie, carly...

>everyone needs to make an opinionated statement
Its bad enough just being on Sup Forums this year, if every pop star started spewing bullshit I'd fucking kill myself
>the nature of the pop industry is inherently bad
And now you sound like every other tool in high school. Believe it or not there are artists beyond Gorillaz and Amon Amarth that have merit, even when they get played on the radio and are on the front page of youtube. Even when the focus is on aesthetics and sex appeal.

Beyond that, she has made several opinionated statements concerning feminism and other topics in the past. After a point it stops being the profitable or mature thing to do. Despite Lemonade being acclaimed the woman is nearing the tail end of her career.

she's not nearing the end of her career at all, just the end of her career as an artist who can dominate the pop singles charts. she's probably just getting started on her career as a "serious" artist (not that her pre-2010s singles-oriented work was bad) and her albums will continue to dominate for decades or as long as that medium exists.

most good artists never have that phase of dominating both the singles and albums charts as well as critical acclaim. she's had nearly 20 years of that, and her "retirement" will consist of dominating the album charts and being popular with critics (usually deservingly). so, no one else can really compare.

She's not really my thing. She's hot, though.

I don't really love her music, I just love the fact that there's this weird reverence towards her and women and gay dudes start weeping at the thought of her.

Her music is "eh", I just like the idea of celebrity.

Literally the epitome of superstar.

The girl was made for the limelight that's why she's so revered.

The whole attitude, the whole strong black woman thing. The queen thing. It fucking works for her because she exudes confidence and charisma.

Plus she's a fucking incredible performer. I'm not into her music but I'd watch her perform live happily.

ONE WOMAN

I find it funny that she's been acclamed lately but Sup Forums still hates her. Is this just because she's a pop singer?

stormfront bought Sup Forums recently. that's why we gotta choose from "storefronts" all the time. subliminal.

She makes faux-deep music for retarded liberals who think that equality can be achieved if we just have enough PoC people at Harvard and Google. Like people who write for Buzzfeed and use the term "woke" unironically.

she has some great body of work

She's a hack and a garbage artist but I'd rape the shit out of her.

She should put more of her energy into whoring herself out in music videos.

Good, if overrated, singer.

she's literally a cuck

Her fans are insane.

kevin barnes in of Montreal

Let's not you fuckin faggot. If you like Beyonce there's literally a 99 percent chance you're a gay man or a black person.

Either start posting her ass or kill yourself.
I have no tolerance for shit like this.

bruh Bowie played pretty much every instrument for Diamond Dogs and tons of other unique stylistic genre change-ups. tony visconti and Carlos Alomar were fucking machines as well, it was MAINLY those three guys creating the main work and guest stars adding icing to the cake (Belew, Ronson etc)

Beyonce tends to stick with the exact same scale from every song I've heard from her and has a large team of producers and other songwriters doing the main work for her to add her icing on.

yes and his music is wholly predictable '60s/70s imitation. if you copy existing genres of past decades to the letter, adding no trace of anything personal or artistically inspired, it's easier to make an album all by yourself. of montreal is better than tame impala, but they're still in that area. beyonce (also prince and grimes) combines many genres and creates distinctive and personal music bridging the sound of past and future, not just a soulless imitation of your parents' or grandparents' era.

there *are* a few artists who do something actually creative, all by themselves, like grimes, prince and some much lesser known experimental electronic artists. but as far as anything song-based and remotely mainstream, nobody does it all, and does it well, except these artists.

beyonce is doing the exact same type of music now as indie bands, or bowie. the only difference is that she takes more risks and has more balls, politically and aesthetically. she's doing what too-comfortable "experimental" icons like swans don't dare to do anymore. these acts just make predictable music checking off the required boxes of what sounds are expected of an "experimental" release. did the song toussaint l'ouverture really surprise anybody? i don't think so. the formation video did.

if you respect the idea of fucking up the mainstream, beyonce is doing that, making plebs feel uncomfortable, making experimental art. swans abdicated. they settled for being respected fathers in their genre. and most recent bands never even tried to do anything new.

if you're a conservative, also known as a pleb, you value the predictable, the familiar, the comfy, over the risk taking. it makes sense, aesthetically and politically, that the right hate beyonce and like hack bands copying the pop offerings of half a century ago.

>male artist works hard for years on end to earn his place
>may or may not succeed
>female artist makes a buncha mediocre songs about strong womynz
>OMG SHE'S AN ICON

That's reality, folks.

this is the worst post i've seen on this site lmfao

Please fuck yourself sideways

I haven't seen anyone try this hard in.. well ever

>>>/stormfront/

She's shit but I'd rape the shit out of her.
She should whore herself out in more music videos.

Fuck fascist mods deleting my post.

TIL every female musician ever who sings about women stuff has succeeded

>Because if she lived and died having recorded music only for herself, and we heard her discography now it'd be lauded even more than it is now with her popularity.
her music is garbage any way you slice it, doesn't matter if she wouldv'e made it all herself

Do you really think she's winding down her megastar phase?
Is lemonade her "Thriller"
Personally I'm thinking that her magnum opus is still in her......
And thinking about it she still has one level left after lemonade-the cenima
I can imagine she wants to produce a musical body of work akin to Purple Rain that's a feature length film and can get her an Oscar or Golden Globe.

I wonder if she wants to EGOT

if it doesn't matter, then why is "she didn't write it herself" the only argument her haters can ever make?

>haters
lol run along now child

>
>
>

you MUST be one of those artsy girls

She has a couple catchy songs but she's a piece of shit

Without a doubt the shittiest artist to be critically acclaimed besides frank ocean and kanye west

not an argument

and me saying this proves nothing because how long has she been making music?

and you dont hear grimes on the radio everyday. completely different

she probably wants to EGOT but she would be very unlikely to do that with an album/film combination project, so i think she's probably holding out for a part in a more traditional film, which she likely wouldn't direct (both because she shows good taste in directors and isn't afraid of ceding some creative say, and because, if awards are actually the most important thing to her, female self-directors have a bad record with winning oscars).

kahlil joseph could take on some ambitious biopic bey will both finance/produce and star in. the film, like most biopics, would likely meet with mixed reception, but if her performance was good (or even above the exceedingly low expectations for a pop star's acting abilities- esp. given her past film work) she would be sure to be nominated for all the top awards.

musicals though, especially involving pop artists, are scorned by the academy and many critics, even when they are masterpieces. i got really tired of reading how much purple rain allegedly sucks, even in the most fawning prince tribute articles. the fact is that musicals died as a medium 50 years ago in the eyes of mainstream critics and oscar voters. music fans, even experimental music fans, respect the form because it lived on in music videos and avant garde short films, but critics largely ignore that world and assume it to be devoid of artistry. feature films from hollywood have forgotten the classical cinematic language used in videos and once used in musicals, so they don't "get" musicals and when pop stars attempt to make one, it usually is seen as a career killing act of hubris.

she could rewrite the rules on that, of course. she already kind of has with lemonade, but i'm not sure how much further she can go, cinematically, without going over everyone's head.

i think she can have more chart hits, but already she is falling behind younger, more dance-y acts in that area. the fate of "serious" artists (which she is now) is to be mostly album artists.

i'm a 32 year old male, and i've definitely fucked more artsy girls than you.

This. She's interesting as a cultural figure even though the music is whatever. Prefer like a Donna Summer or Diana Ross as far as music goes but that's how I feel about most modern pop music anyway.

Also never really found her all that attractive but she's fine as fuck in OP's pic. More of that Bey please.

>
>
>
gonna give you some free (you)s for this
some of the most effort i have ever seen been put into bait

LMAO

this is quite good

Her music sucks and she is the icon of the whole blm slacktivist buzzfeed movement that I hate so much

Hmm you make a strong point about musicals but then Purple Rain isn't a musical and neither is Lemonade.
Not that it means anything in the court of public opinion. Personally I view musicals as a more difficult art form; since musicals and opera have to succeed in so many ways to be good overall. Especially with regard to the songs being birthed out of the story's emotion, as opposed to just coming out of nowhere
I honestly can't really imagine her on Broadway though; but I guess she could do a play.....but does she have he acting ability for that?

She hasn't done any films in a while, which surprises me.
She does have good taste in directors and relinquishing creative control as you stated, so I wonder if she might even step behind the curtain for the EO and T

a biopic is a nice move though
Nina Simone...Diana Ross...those are two big stars off he top of my head and there are plenty of other entertainers and people in general she can play, that being said would a female Oscar bait biopic even get he traction shed need?
For all intents and purposes it's the female equivalent of "Ray" but
>sexism
So idk

>cinematically, without going over everyone's head.
actually you make a good point but I wonder if(being who she is) there will be enough imitators and copycats that when she goes to the next step people will be ready

Or maybe she'll make something that's hated now and isn't appreciated until 10 years later

Her name triggers me

I've heard Grimes on the radio multiple times

SJW BITCH

what kind of radio? not pop radio. maybe rock or indie radio. also don't talk about grimes here, it's disrespectful to both of them to compare such different artists.

Honestly if you don't like Beyonce you're a racist simple as that. Her music is objectively great.

>fucking up the mainstream
>making plebs feel uncomfortable
i must be desensitized because i've never seen bey do anything risky or experimental. she always releases new stuff that's already currently popular. for example, the production on lemonade is primarily trap, which has been a top style for charters for years now.

most of the themes on there are related to being oppressed. how is this risky either? this has been shown to be a very successful subject for artists for years as well. hip Hop's been writing about the racial side of oppression forever now. likewise, female superstars have been doing this since before i can remember.

i'm not seeing the risk?

OK LADIES NOW LES GET IN FORMATION

Go fuck yourself racist. Quit trying to belittle and silence oppressed Black voices in a time when we need to hear their calls of bravery the most.

didn't know that guy i responded to was black... wait, beyonce?

How can you respect Grimes and say Kevin sucks ass? It's clear that Kevin actually cares a lot about his craft and is always evolving, you know what I don't even care, don't know why I decided to reply in the first place, anyways I'm just glad Kevin is now working with people like Lady Gaga and Kali Uchis, getting bigger each year, while you just rant on Sup Forums