/mlb/ General: Crazy Predictions Edition (But memeingly serious)

ALE: Blow Gays come out of nowhere in late July and Canadians everywhere proceed to act smug and claim they “told you so” in reference to the 400 Home Runs the team hit in the second half.

ALC: Are the Indians, dare I say it, legit? Despite Kluber, Salazar, Brantley and Lindor being on the DL all of July and August they pull it off.

ALW: Mariners. No Meme.

WC1: Who???

WC2: The Yankees decide to overachieve one last season thanks to A-Roids 87 Home Runs. He gets caught juicing again and must serve a suspension longer than the rest of his contract; he forcibly retires the following season.

NLE: Phillies Really? They end up 97-65 but with a rundifferential of -69 (minus sixty-nine)

NLC: Cubs. The 150-12 cucks season is memed away by another hilarious post season sweep

NLW: The Rockies win every home game by an average of 13 runs but fail to score ever again away from coors field. But their .500 record is enough to top he underachieving NLW

WC1: Nationals have to play the WC game w/out Harper after he beat an umpire to death for calling an obvious balk on Strasburg

WC2: Pirates add Scherzer to the list of aces they love to get cucked by in the playoffs after a 6-0 25 strike out no hitter.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10220365
a.pomf.cat/kqtubz.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Orioles

Reds @ Phillies?

I'm actually going to watch this game.. never thought I'd say that about a reds phillies game before the season started.

Royals

Someone wanted a gamethread last night so I'll try one out today.

Why does Donald Trump always have a retarded look on his face? Is he autistic?

Please take a moment to provide your opinion for the betterment of mankind.

strawpoll.me/10220365

A's

>NLC: Cubs. The 150-12 cucks season is memed away by another hilarious post season sweep
>implying this is a bold prediction

>implying 150-12 season isn't a bold prediction.
none of this is serious dude.

>WC1: Nationals have to play the WC game w/out Harper after he beat an umpire to death for calling an obvious balk on Strasburg

I fucking keked

It's gonna be a long season, bros

phillies can't bunt

meant the reds.. i'm a little drunk already

Except it was the reds that just bunted.

see

g-go Ms

>blue jays
>not selling by the allstar break

the writings on the wall

Cubes Rats game thread where?

/conspiracy/ bros get in here

WOOO!!!!!
BASEDBALL!!!

I second this request

They're at 500 you autist. They've been playing better baseball the last week or so.

Muh Sabermetrics

Baserunning and defense I'm assuming. Also, are all outfielders considered possible replacements for every position in the outfield?

why are there no game threads

there are no good games on

>dex getting an infield double

>the shitty of Shittsburg

Holy shit, top fucking kek.

it's the hydra line up today lads.

Xander Bogaerts is the best SS in the league

>non-allstar
>best SS

kek

no, ketel marte is

Trout had 33 stolen bases and played good defense in a more important position

OH SHIT YOU"RE SERIOUS AREN"T YOU?
>kektel

I FUCKING HATE WHEN NIGGER WEAR BOOTS LIKE THAT AND HIS DUMB KIDS PANTS/SHOES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

autism

whoa bro...

t. nigger

what

BACK THE FUCK OFF?!?!?!?!?!

>t. nigger

t. autist

He's making it this season, guys hitting .350 and hit another homer today

look at his boots. not even laced, they probably flop around

Muh stolen bases
How many of those actually became runs scored?

That's a pretty terrible argument to be honest.

too soon... Angels don't need any shit right now...

>t. autist

t. faggot

Just got an android tablet /mlb/ are there any good baseball apps?

Looks laced to me. I bet they fit pretty well too.

You need to control your autism.

dont you have apehoop to be watching

hes not in 4 holes and the """knot""" is loose af

At bat is the only one you need

That's a losing battle for you my friend

It's a goddamn subscription app >:(

they have a free version ya nerd

Your 2016 AL MVP

>MLB At Bat
>Same shit you can get free on the MLB website
>Costs money every month

Yeah and the free version lacks 90% of the shit that'd actually be fun like pitch tracking, an equivalent of Gameday on the MLB website, etc.

Has anyone here ever hit a home run with a pitcher in The Show? I've never seen it done before.

this team is soooo fucking bad damn it shit

a.pomf.cat/kqtubz.webm

>muh baserunning and defense meme

You can multiply OPS by number of at bats, add the difference between stolen bases and caught stealing * 1.000, and redivide by number of at bats to see the direct impact it has on that stat.

I'm not arguing that Harper isn't a better hitter or even the better player tbdesu, I'm just explaining that while batting is the most important contributing factor to WAA/WAR type stat, there are other aspects involved that Trout does better in

THE RED SOX HAVE SCORED 8 RUNS IN 3 INNINGS

This offense is fucking insane

...I don't get it. What's the meme? That's the only explanation for it. He could score on hits that Harper can't and could get to balls in the outfield that Harper couldn't

A stolen base is worth one base. A HR is worth 4. Trout had 27 more SB than Harper. That equates to 6.75 home runs. Which still puts him way behind Harper.

>muh defense meme

Trout had a -0.9 dWAR. Harper had 0.4.

No, the Astros pitching is just garbage.

You can't compare WAR from different seasons because it's based on the general quality of play that season, i.e. Trout and Harper were both 8.9 wins better than a replacement player in those respective season, but stat line of the replacement player varied between seasons.

Trout had a -0.9 dWAR. Harper had 0.4.

Trout had 6 Rbaser (runs from baserunning). Harper had 3 Rbaser.

So please explain how 3 extra baserunning runs, and being way worse defensively, somehow gives him a WAA 0.7 points higher than Harper despite hitting for less average, less OBP, less slugging, less OPS. And 15 less home runs.

yeah but 8 runs in 3 innings and papi isnt even playing

Those bases are already accounted for in OPS, stolen bases are not

Those WAR comparisons are both for 2015.

Anybody watching the Cubs broadcast know what the hell Len is talking about? Did Travis Wood do something illegal or what?

See Trout had a whopping 3 more runs generated from baserunning. Which gets made up for by Trout's terrible defense.

Their pitching staff is worse than I thought then.

kek

he won't even finish top 5 in the voting

>Sweep Tigers twice
>Can't win a series against the fucking Twins

Who /schizophrenic/ and /nohope/?

>Philthadelphia Phailies

New to baseball, but I have a questiion..
Why don't pitchers just strike out the batter every time? I mean they have the obvious advantage so why do they ever allow them to get hits?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but is there something I'm missing here?

Amazing bait.

When Jon Lester stepped up to the plate I swear I thought it was Rizzo at first.

WAA isn't a an absolute measure. Harper's line was higher, but the difference in production between Harper and the league average was lower than it was for Trout in 2013.

Why didn't the pitcher just strike him out?

all these meme stats

he honestly has a great swing for such a shitty hitter.

Explain the 2015 oWAR.

What will happen first? Lester hitting a home run or Ross hitting his 100th career home run?

rossy, but don't forget lester did hit one in ST

>Lester gets his first home run in a cub uniform
>Ross hits an even 100
>Heyward still looking for 1

I wouldn't even be mad

Mainly, the production level of a replacement player in 2013 was not as high as it was 2015. To a lesser extent, Trout's stolen bases also gave him a boost not reflected in his OPS.

No you dingus. See: oWAR, 2015.

i would bet the over on ross' 100hr he's been hitting so well this year. there is no way he gets only one more

Oh, Trout had 50 more at bats

Nvm, that wouldn't matter. I can't see it by looking at the line, I'll have to do the calculation