Sigur Ros is objectively better than GY!BE

Sigur Ros is objectively better than GY!BE

Tortoise is the only post-rock band that made more than 1 good album.

The live version of Von is a masterpiece.

But, you're wrong.

they're objectively better. GY!BE is just crescendo-core. Sigur Ros has actual composition that can be both nuanced and emotive.

top kek
Their new album is shit

Explosions in the Sky is objectively better than GY!BE

This is correct

Sigur Ros is a great dream pop band.

GY!BE is a great punk band.

Incorrect: Talk Talk
>Explosions in the Sky
>Good
Pleb
Sigur Ros is boring

>Sigur Ros
>boring

>talk talk
>good

bait so fresh it almost got me

Natural Snow Buildings did GY!BE better than GY!BE.

It's not hard to be better than GY!BE.

obviously this is shit tier bait, but I'll take it as an opportunity to say that Do Make Say Think are pretty good.

Lil Uzi Vert is objectively better than GY!BE

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Sup Forums - shit opinions

>3 minute build up
>6 minutes of repeating the same riff
>spoken word sample
>gets quiet
>EXPLOSION OF NOISE
>hold for 7 minutes
>repeat
>good

I feel like there should be more good post rock bands

None of these actually criticise godspeed's music
A lot of rock music is verse chorus verse
Your point?

>6 minutes of repeating the same riff
If you think this is actually a problem post-rock really wasn't for you

I mean, you're both wrong, plenty of post-rock bands have released more than one good album. I can name like 10

name even ONE band

Sigur Ros

Gastr del Sol

if a 3 minute pop song played the same riff you'd be all
>repetition, it all sounds the same
but a 20 minute post-rock song can do it and get no flak

>babbys first projection
Come back with an actual argument

godspeed is trash. the only good album they have is F#A# Infinity

I mean, they do things so differently, it's hard to compare them. All of the post-rock giants are really different from one another (except maybe Explosions in the Sky, not a big fan) and that's what made them great.

>godspeed is trash
Also not an argument, are you even trying?

On a different note, what makes the band shit if they have 1 good album? Would you think they were a good band if they disbanded right after f#?

Tell me something I don't know, OP. Everyone knows godspeed is for socially stunted engineering collegiates.

I enjoy both so I don't really stress it that much.

Post rock relies on more elements than melody and harmony. There's an emphasis on texture and dynamics that is missing in a lot of pop music.

You are now aware that hundreds of years of classical music is composed around crescendos.

You are now aware that you only dislike a band because of buzzzwords and popular opinion.

Try and debate this, I dare you.

so a band can released one good album and be a good band, even if the rest of their discography is trash? makes sense.
so i guess an album is good as long as one song is good.

i dont listen to classical, im not an autist
i dont like a band because its my opinion

An album has to be judged by the overall experience, while a band can easily be judged by their peak.
Joy Division released 2 good albums and then Ian Curtis died so they continued making music under a different name, which had a lot of bad albums in their discography. If they continued to make music under the name Joy Division, would Joy Division be a worse band than it how they are viewed now?

Also, you still haven't given ANY reasons why godspeed is trash, which was the main point of this conversation.

considering that bands are supposed to be evolving and adapting, its stupid to say that a band is good because they have a good album. they have a good album, they got lucky or maybe they actually put in effort, but a band is not good because they have a good release, it just means they have a good release

dude, even scholars say Godspeed is overrated. get over it, your meme band is trash. i bet you think ITAOTS is a good album too

Funny how you didn't address my argument once again and continued spouting the same shit. Let me give you another example, this time not hypothetical. Do you know how many trash albums Can released after future days? A lot. Are they commonly viewed as the best krautrock band? Yes. Your point holds zero water.

Great argument. user does it again!

beware of safety

triggered? lol.

>le you le mad bro xD
Nah

>he thinks he knows better than music scholars

>can't think for himself
I'm so sorry

>thinks music is subjective

Boring you say? Most of their songs are in a made up language and the guitar player is playing with a bow. If that's not new and awe inspiring, I don't know what is.

Well I mean it's not new considering their best albums were over ten years ago.
Dude I can't tell if you're metatrolling but if not you're getting flamed hard. You should have stopped here

What does that say about the music? The process is a lot less interesting to me than the sounds. What makes a made up language new and awe inspiring? It will be just as unintelligible as a language I don't speak, say Icelandic. Why would I be impressed with playing a guitar with a bow? It's not new.

Do they owe you or any of us anything? You know that ideas don't come when you want them to or expect them? They've made something unique and original and you should appreciate them for it, regardless of when it was made.

Who cares they are both great acts

I do, I love AB, just saying it's not really new in 2016. That is an objective fact.

I've replied to the other guy, but I think it applies to what you said too. Jimmy Page played with a bow, but only live and not that frequently. As far as the language goes - why wouldn't you appreciate someone who made their own language? No one understands it, that's for sure. But what does that say about their music? It's a rhetorical question though.

Jimmy Page has been playing guitar with a bow for years.

tortoise, gy!be, mogwai, talk talk, bark psychosis, mono, do make say think, swans, slint, labradford, disco inferno, sigur rós

OK so he's good with language. Does that make a good musician?

No hate for Jonsi BTW. I enjoy his music a lot.

>who are magma
>who are led zeppelin