Botswana Appreciation Thread

>gained independence from colonialism in the late 60's
>started life as poorest country in the world
>started life with zero infrastructure, no industry, almost no educated residents, almost no help from whitey
>saw neighbors chimping out, asked 'how can we not be like this?'
>strategically planned and built capital for maximum benefit
>created government and parties not on ideological lines but "what can we do to improve Botswana?"
>focused on building banking infrastructure, industry so as not to rely on natural resources
>gives huge benefits to foreign investors
>pays students to get uni education abroad to educate population
>gives HIV medication for free to improve mortality rates
>bans missionaries without seminary degrees to keep out mormons and "eat da poopoo" evangelicals
>less government corruption than south korea, poland, poortugal, and many other developed countries
>better HDI than moldova despite abysmal life expectancy and infant mortality due to AIDS
>fastest average GDP increase and one of the highest per capita income increases in the world

How do they do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/white-colony-in-namibia-773
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Diamonds?
Botswana is one of the few respectable nig countries.

I tip my fedora to them.

I appreciate them tbqh

My grandfather is white, 86 and lives out in the middle of bum fuck nowhere in Botswana. He decided to stay after British pulled out in the 60s and he's been there ever since. Thinking about visiting him 2bh

I heard that they're one of the few countries in that region of Africa that doesn't subjugate the white minority populations.

I can understand why the Africans would want to genocide the wh*te people there, but good on them for forgiving and moving forward. Lots of whites from Zimbabwe and South Africa and Namibia are also moving there as well, from what I heard.

The diamond industry is huge, but they've really been focusing on developing manufacturing and banking because they know that countries get fucked when they depend on natural resources.

You should and report to Sup Forums. How does he like it?

They're really mindful of minorities, even the whites. They even have a council with representatives from each minority group, and the govt is required to get advice from them on any provision that might affect them. bretty cool imo

He wouldn't want to live anywhere else - he calls it his homeland and loves living there. He spends most of his time enjoying the outback areas and photographing the nature there. I'm happy for him - he's probably going to die in the next 10 years, so I'm glad he's content where he is. I only really speak to him at Christmas time on the phone, so it will be good to catch up with him over there in the summer or something

lovely flag they got

That's awesome. It sounds really comfy there if you like being surrounded by nature. They've been developing their eco tourism something fierce because there's so much untamed land and very few problems with poachers and shit.

Estonia confirmed for flag thieves

> sodomy punishable by 7 years in prison

rude tbqh

>57% of the country homophobic
> im rude

forgot a pic

Wasn't some autists on Sup Forums planning to form a white utopia there or something? What happened with all that?

Apparently it was Namibia

vice.com/read/white-colony-in-namibia-773

kek

>average Iq of 56
I don't really know

It'll get better over time with better nutrition and education, African countries and other 3rd-world shitholes haven't experienced the Flynn Effect yet because of these factors

I had a few chuckles.

I saw the President in Paris 1 year and a half ago, while visiting the tomb of Napoleon.

>White people can't have a homeland
Hello Ahmed

Instead of colonising a random patch of dirt in Africa we should cleanse our own countries.

>A mid-sized country of just over 2 million people, Botswana is one of the most sparsely populated nations in the world.

They learned the Canadian secret: everything just works better when you're sparsely populated. You can split your natural resource wealth among fewer citizens and everyone gets to be richer.

Birth control motherfuckers -- it makes your country better.

>taking iq srsly
>mfw

They are though now.

Stop jacking off Botswana it's pathetic.

Actually it's much harder to distribute services when everyone is so far from each other, also a really low population will hurt them down the line in regards to labour force.

Botswana is still massively unequal as fuck and discriminatory towards non-Tswana and whites only geta consideration because they had daddy Britain to defend them back then.

>white homeland
>populated by Sup Forums NEETs with no skills
>in Africa

wut

>They are though now.

still doesn't negate the fact that they went from literal mud hut dindus to quickly developing country with a competent government in like 3 decades while all of their neighbors were chimping out.

>Stop jacking off Botswana it's pathetic.

fuck off, they deserve praise and recognition, even if it's on a meme forum