Only 70s kids will remember this

>Sup Forums is mostly millenials with 20 year old tier tastes

you must be at least 40 years old to post ITT

as an interesting sort of demographic poll, post shit that isn't Sup Forumscore but instead formed from actual personal experience pre-internet opinions

youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU

inb4 no replies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/op5RzwVuC1o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ailu5CdWgas
youtube.com/watch?v=DFlA_bEt8EQ
youtube.com/watch?v=g4ouPGGLI6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=swQ44pWBAa8
youtube.com/watch?v=t8xVQ-AWcFY
youtube.com/watch?v=x2gJiBcWk2U
youtube.com/watch?v=rH244IPXySE
youtube.com/watch?v=GKmP61RAypY
youtube.com/watch?v=NxcOxvEsE_Y
vimeo.com/181373175
youtu.be/BRo3u04vY1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I envy millennials though. The only music I knew was through friends,radio, tv and was all entry level stuff for the most part.

>My Favorite Things
>Unknown on Sup Forums
are you fucking serious?

true, no internet is pretty shit no matter how you slice it, opinions were definitely more homogenized

BUT in cases were they weren't things can become more interesting than they are today, where even the "rebels" are still relatively conformed in small echo chambers. things were more chaotic when one dude's understanding of the subculture he is in wildly differentiates from another's because there's no subreddit for them to congregate on

I didn't say it was unknown, I said it wasn't Sup Forumscore. Those are two different (unfavorite : ^ } ) things

My first record player that I used as kid in the 60's

>midlife crisis the thread

>you must be at least 40 years old to post ITT
Can a mid 30s guy sneak in?

>cool jams are a crisis

far out man. rly makes ya think.

>literally crosley: 60s edition

>they missed the entire mixtape culture and actually think "mixtape" means some darkie's collection of shitty self-made mp3s

Changed the world and also has a see-through cassette which was crazy

My graduation present to myself in April 1980 along with a very nice pair of Pioneer floor speakers.Receiver and speakers were a little over $600.00. Damn the bass this system had. Loved when the bass would kick in on the Doobie Brothers - "It Keeps You Running"

and one of these

youtu.be/op5RzwVuC1o

I was 5 when i was playing records on it. Trust me. I got much better equipment

The 70s at their cringiest:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ailu5CdWgas

They always seemed high quality though, a bit of wood and metal

Those butter yellow lights are incredible
You just don't get the sort of hardware that makes you want to commit suicide like in those days
It's that friendly welcoming gas pipe feeling
Wonderful

Oh the suicides it must have demanded! It's the Hitler of home high fidelity

I'm 31 and would be happy to school OP on any era of any obscure subgenre he cares to name

hit me with that 16th century era almwirtschaft volksmusic senpai

This (pic not actually the one I own) is the turntable I coupled to the reciever November of 1980

We had the wood effect table, slightly different design, matching cabinet too

sorry, as far as like, cred for your thred, here are a few.
youtube.com/watch?v=DFlA_bEt8EQ
youtube.com/watch?v=g4ouPGGLI6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=swQ44pWBAa8
youtube.com/watch?v=t8xVQ-AWcFY
youtube.com/watch?v=x2gJiBcWk2U
youtube.com/watch?v=rH244IPXySE
pic related

look at these crappy inernet speakers, they used to be wood.

>all of those shitty rap intros are coltrane's fault

at last I truly see anslinger's truth

Here's what I'm sure many experts would agree is one of the finest examples of the form.
youtube.com/watch?v=GKmP61RAypY

Were you alive in the 70's? because unless you were near where the obscure bands you are listing played live or heard of them by word of mouth. You wouldn't know they existed. In the US anyway we only had 4 networks till about 1975 if you had cable. Unless a band got mentioned on either American Bandstand, Soul Train, One of the Late Night Talk Shows (Tonight Show) or mentioned in RS, Creem, Circus, or Hit Parader. You wouldn't know of their existence unless they got air play or were featured on Saturday Night Live. That show did showcase some of the more obscure acts.

Here's a great one that oldfags will appreciate but that I imagine most of Sup Forums will dismiss as dadrock.

Super young Grand Funk Railroad (members are 21/21/19 years of age) absolutely ripping it
youtube.com/watch?v=NxcOxvEsE_Y

I began by saying I was 31, and my point is that I nonetheless came to Sup Forums with knowledge that I earned through more grassroots means than memery. As soon as I was old enough I started going to rock shows and talking to greasy old lifelong enthusiasts, some of whom I became close with and got to borrow rare vinyls and shit like that.

Also I think it's weird that you're listing stuff that happened in 1970-75. Nobody is actively discovering music from age 0-5. You should be discussing musical discover mechanisms in the mid to late 80s if you want to be fair.

I consider myself blessed to have been in high school during the AOL/Napster days. I knew what it was like before, and I respected the cornucopia that came after and used it to deepen my knowledge.

or unless you happened to live in san fran, NYC, chicago etc. and saw some live that later went on to git hype

they don't make hipsters like they used to, back then if you told some faggot they've probably never heard of a band, they literally haven't

>unless you were near where the obscure bands you are listing played live or heard of them by word of mouth
That's bullshit, each and every one of these bands have reformed and played in this millenium. Any millenial who bothered to take an interest could have seen any number of obscure 70's rock bands like Budgie, FLower Travellin' Band, and so on. It is fucking thanks to millenials that many of these bands got to revive their careers, often to greater financial success that they enjoyed in their original run.

Millennials yes. i was referring to someone in the 70's during the actual 70's decade. Of course you can find anything now. Was not the case then.

>watching washed up never was bands because they're Old School Cool™

that's terrible tho

>A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once.

replace "coward" here with the obvious

t. willy shakespeare

this is why i like videogames. i'm 27 and i can feel like i've experience 95% of the good stuff

That's the thing with underground music vs celebrity rock stars. They're not washed up, they're normal dudes who have quietly been practicing their craft because they love doing it. It's huge acts that grow fat and lazy and unable to play their instruments, and NEED to play to sustain their bullshit lifestyles.

If you have seen any of these bands play, they have the utmost finesse and stagecraft. You are missing out.

"Alive in the 70s" includes people born in 1979. It's completely different than somebody who was an adult during the 70s. Which generation are you trying to talk about?

>i can feel like i've experience 95% of the good stuff

You haven't. Video games have become popular within the lifetime of a 30 year old. There are original computer scientists still alive today. Video games are in their infancy, and the internet literally just became popular two decades ago. We live in the equivalent of the Industrial Revolution when mass production first became viable, or when electricity first hit. You are experiencing the early baby steps of video games, the truly next level shit isn't going to be here for generations.

I showed my first record player that i iused as a kid in the 60's. I tuned 9 in 1970 and started actually listening to music of my choosing in 1971 at age 10. We got an all in one stereo that year. It was LLOYDS and i can't find a pic of it to post. FM in my area was just starting to become popular. I did most of my late night listening on pic related though.

Find the pic man

i think i still hit the formative sweet spot — where games weren't so incredibly restricted by basic technology, but much of the cool stuff which will be standard for future generations was first implemented.

and i think we'll probably be alive for some truly mind-blowing virtual reality stuff

touche. Alive in the 70's does indeed encompass those that were born in 1979. I'm guess I'm looking through the blinders of a 60's kid and only considering the thread from the perspective of the 70's being the music that you listened to during your high school years or earlier.

what can i say, 70s rock is my favorite genre and i wanted to be included

Same dude. My parents had this and it's now mine.

It was similar to this. BSR changer was on the left and the controls for the functions and radio turner were on the top part on the right.

>It was similar to this
As it stands any millennial could have synthesized your various claims told oldfaggotry.

Posting objectively best 70s band

early 80's was best for 40 y.o.s and everybody else,
70's was only shit

kek, get that wholesome bullshit outta here

yes they could. To what end though?
Why go to the trouble to fabricate anything I posted?

>Hi Hi Hi
>Give Ireland back to the Irish
>Soily
>Beware My Love
>Junior's Farm
>Old Siam Sir
>wholesome

Ok concerts i saw in 70's

Styx - Equinox Tour - John E tucker Coliseum
Dr Hook and the Medicine Show - John E Tucker Coliseum
Firefall - John E Tucker Coliseum
LeRoux - John E Tucker Coliseum
Cheap Trick - John E tucker Coliseum

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours Tour - Barton Coliseum
Styx - Grand Illusion Tour - Barton Coliseum
Beach Boys - Barton Coliseum

Eagles - Hotel California Tour - Mid-South Coliseum

think that's it.

millennials man, you never know

I am 22 years old. I own no albums that were made after I was born.

Well. rest assured i really am 55. I have no motivation to lie about that.

Not even funny just pathetic, really. Sorry if you really believe this.

Unless it was a fabrication, in which it in itself would be motivation.

Sorry friend but the year IS 2016.

>>Sup Forums is mostly millenials
Yeah.
>with 20 year old tier tastes
Woah, a little vicious there.

Saw Severed Heads open for Skinny Puppy in '86. Still one of my favorites to this day.

A Million Angels 2016
vimeo.com/181373175

>and the kids try to tell me Aphex Twin is innovative

well you're free to believe any conspiracy theories you want. I'd say quiz me but you couldn't ask me anything of the period you couldn't find on the internet which would prove nothing. I could mentionnn some random facts that you would then go to the web to validate. If you couldn't validate it you would assume it is false. if you could you'd say I got the information from the web. So no win scenario for me.

Ewww Generation X? You fucks are almost as bad as baby boomers. Fucking disgusting.

Generation X ... had a hard life...

Ew you're 40 wtf

Reminder that aging is decline.
Reminder that wisdom = 'can't do it because I'll break my hip'
Reminder that you are at your most intelligent at 26.
Reminder that the older you get, the more you're blinded by nostalgia.
Reminder that old people are there solely to make young people food and give them shelter.

No. We vote. Just to piss you off.

>see Brexit

Rocking this bad boy. Though, I'm nowhere near 40.

reminder we still run the world and will pass it off to you when we are ready

>Voting to annoy people.
Not very mature.

nice receiver.

>Reminder that old people are there solely to make young people food and give them shelter.
Thanks.

Reminder you're going to spend your golden years shitting yourself to death in a forgotten nursing home with shit-tier 'care'

Reminder you will experience the same fate. What have you done to side step this fate. Do you have kids to come visit you? Are you married? I at least sleep easy knowing that my children and grand children do love me. But I also function quite well on my own.

Both wrong

>post shit that isn't Sup Forumscore but instead formed from actual personal experience pre-internet opinions

>children

You done fucked up.

King Crimson after Greg Lake?

Goodbye.

Autism

No. having children is not fucking up. I certainly happy my mom and dad chose to have me. I must assume you are happy your parents had you as well.

>I must assume you are happy your parents had you as well.

Oh. You're one of those "wish I'd never been born" faggots.

Negatory good buddy.

pleb

>He's a natalist.
Enjoy being the source of your children's misery.

I do. Every day.

>you must be at least 40 years old to post ITT

Oh, carry on then my fellow patrician.

Probably not on this board where the suicidal angsty teens hang out, they haven't realized it yet, but in the back of their mind, it's slowly eating at them and one day they will have a crisis and realize they've been wasting away their lives arguing on a board about music for the majority of their life while everyone else was actually living and doing something productive with their time.

You wish you'd never been born? Are you one of those Sup Forums tents that substitute music for having a personality and revel in posting "music for my depression" threads?

>disregards the LTIA to Red era
Disregarded in general. Greg Lake left to form a shittier band and make only slightly more money.

it's one thing to have kids. It's a whole other thing entirely to pretend you actually, truly wanted to.

Like working a shit job for no money all the while trying to convince yourself you're living life to the fullest because you occasionally go out on the weekends?

No, I listen to music to make myself feel better.

Who works a shit job for no money?

Do you wish you had never been born? I listen to music because I enjoy listening to music. I feel fine as it is.

The majority of the human population.

>Do you wish you had never been born?
Yes
>I listen to music because I enjoy listening to music.
Same, but doing things I enjoy makes me feel better.
>I feel fine as it is.
Good for you, no seriously.

My first favorite band:

Thin Lizzy
youtu.be/BRo3u04vY1E

I was like 6. The '70s mane. RIP Phil Lynott.

>tfw ruin my post with too many quotes
brb, just going to lie in my bed for a week.

Then we got off on the wrong foot but please refrain from being cynical and attacking everything you read. Especially in a thread like this where by its nature the respondents are used to more decorum. Before you type something ask yourself "if I was standing in front of this person would i actually say this?"

as a 20 year old reading this l completely agreed with you until l realized l'm retarded and misread 95% for 5%. For me, l feel like there's so many great bands that l'll never know about because l have access to almost everything. There's only so many albums l can listen to in my life, so anytime l spend digging into one means l won't find out about at least one other band.

Maybe, I work a pretty comfy job and live in a condo overlooking the majority of SF.