ITT: Albums alt-righters will never understand

ITT: Albums alt-righters will never understand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ezY6YZ6qVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok computer (because they wildly misinterpret and miss the satire of their pov)

>falling for the "all alt-righters are Sup Forums fascists" meme
There is no definitive "alt-right". People who identify as "alt-right" range from libertarians to psychotic neo-Nazis.

Why do alt-righters reject their label while proceeding to label everyone else (SJW's, degenerates, etc.)?

>Anything by Henry Cow

Year Zero is the best NIN album imo

alt-right has always been a meme. It was a term coined by Richard Spencer and basically tried to repackage racist ideas in a more politically correct package. Then it kind of became a joke because there was really no clear definition for what it was, so everyone ranging from almost purly anarchist libertarians to autheoritarian wannbe fascist Mussolini fanboys became part of the "alt-right" Essentially, anyone who was not a liberal. It grows on Sup Forums and other sites mostly out of memes and self deprecating humor

Then Hillary Clinton actually mentions in in one of her speechs in a moment thats literally on the same level as the "HACKER KNOWN AS Sup Forums" in terms of baby boomers being internet illiterate and fear mongering. So now, liberals have a new name for their boogeyman, alt-right. It was about time to, since they already used "fascist" to such an extent that the word actually lost its fucking meaning.

>proceeding to label everyone else (SJW's, degenerates, etc.)?

different thing. While the claim of degenerate is very subjective and over used, people generally use SJW perfectly to describe people who are just that. It should also be noted that SJW and Alt-Right are different, in that SJW started calling themselves Social Justice Warriors out of some misplaced pride, but they became such a laughing stock on the internet that the term soon became an insult. A better example would be the "alt-rights" use of the insult cuck. While it started off meaning someone who was so full of white guilt and self hatred that they became racist to other whites, it now basically just means "someone I dont agree with"

tl;dr-alt right has always been a meme, and liberals taking it seriously are making themselves look like retarded assholes

>SJW started calling themselves Social Justice Warriors out of some misplaced pride

never seen anyone do that in real life

Post Fragile era yeah but Trent's best will always be Fragile or Downward Spiral

Why would you pick this album when the newer one is so much better?

youtube.com/watch?v=_ezY6YZ6qVs
>inb4 muh heritage
>inb4 muh culture

and white supremacists, don't forget those.

songs maybe album no
every single song is outclassed by it's live performance

I mean fuck, The Warning live is 10/10 album is 3/10 if I'm being generous

because honestly this is much, much further right than Year Zero
Year Zero
>peak of anti-Bush sentiment
>entire concept (that was a believable fear at the time) of the religious right instituting a fascist dictatorship
Hesitation Marks
>thanks Obama
>maybe I don't hate God so much
>I'm still alive I'm so thankful

>religious right instituting a fascist dictatorship
>(that was a believable fear at the time

lol

most albums that black artists were involved in
most albums recorded in spanish
most albums

I knew someone would take issue with that; it was the same fear the right has now of the left instituting a "politically correct" dictatorship

the religious right had their guy in office for 8 years, now the fascist left have had theirs for 8. the tables have turned and Trent is still the same, so he realizes that it was probably foolish to blame the system on a fringe group of radicals when it remained the same under """our guy"""

>I knew someone would take issue with that; it was the same fear the right has now of the left instituting a "politically correct" dictatorship

the difference is even if you hated bush, like my teenage self, the constant bombardment of media shitting on him got the the point where by like 2006, comparing Bush to Hitler or something was such a eye roll inducing meme.

While on the other hand, the media hasnt really gone after Obama at all. Its what made me stop being a liberal.

because most of the media aren't liberals like Trent; they still believe Obama is the same person he was in 2008, and that the last 8 years were like he promised instead of Bush 2.0

>the media hasnt really gone after Obama at all
>Its what made me stop being a liberal
lol

>>the media hasnt really gone after Obama at all

they havent. The first few years of his presidency were literally just "lol sarah palin"

bump