Piano Professor

Piano Professor
answering all your questions about
Music Theory, Songwriting, Piano Playing!

Other urls found in this thread:

stoney.sb.org/eno/oblique.html
musiced.about.com/od/beginnerstheory/a/Musical-Texture.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is electronic music real music?

What are your thoughts on ambient musicians like Brian Eno or Robert Rich? Do you consider that type of music anti-intellectual or do you believe it has artistic merit?

I've had a piano liying arround since i was 10 but i've never learnt to play it

How do I play the piano

how much pussy does playing piano get you?

Yes there are quite a few virtuosos of electronic music. Daft Punk for example. or Richard James

>>I love em. They experimented with things that had yet to be experimented with. It is pro-intellectual. How can you call an album such as "Music for Airports" anti-intellectual? It was like vaporwave 40 years ago dude. Plus Brian Eno wrote "Oblique Strategies" which absolutely has artistic merit for ANY artist, musical, sculptor, painter, dancer, etc.
stoney.sb.org/eno/oblique.html

>> Start with Alfred's Adult All-In-ONe course. you could literally teach yourself how to play it step-by-step with this series. It's never too late to start. I taught a 75 year old woman once who always wanted to play and never had the time till she turned 75. And she learned!

Thank you kind user

Why are you playing dead people's music?

srsly a lot though. i found my wife, who has given me so much pussy i cannot even begin to measure the number.

>>funny question cuz you would think that i do. i mean i can, and in some situations i do. but i am also a dueling piano player, so i play lots of music by living artists including todays hits. so thanks for the snarky comment, funny guy!

how can one easily explain the concept of musical nature to a normie (someone who would rather u not explain anything to)

>musical nature
fuck i meant musical texture* not nature

>>Texture has to do with how thick or thin the sound is, and how many parts are going on at once. I could play long slow music on piano with both hands in unison which would be a thin monophonic texture. Or i could play highly syncopated music with rhythmically independent hands on piano and it would be a thick polyphonic texture.

>>Here's a beginner's guide:
musiced.about.com/od/beginnerstheory/a/Musical-Texture.htm

What are your prefered exercises for improving piano chops?

bump for more questions

>>Try Czerny's "Little Pianist" or Hanon's exercises.

Is a Synth casio meme piano still useful besides the gimmicks?

what's the scariest chord progression that doesn't use dissonance?

I'm trying to avoid resolving to the I are there any good substitutions aside from the iii and the vi?
Is it even possible to "resolve" to something that isn't the I?

I'm playing ii-V-iii-vi-ii-IV-V if you know of any good variants......