Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=msgGYgvIDnk
hellokittysuicideclub.bandcamp.com/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1y5FsfHnSP4
mediafire.com/?437et4fmm617nqc
m.youtube.com/channel/UCrvg0YqoP7yf4fYjZz4s9-w
vocaroo.com/i/s0koJuAcN8nt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

favorite tracks: mourning glory, moving away, birthday boy, voodoo lady. nice solo on roses are free as well.

Pure Guava is probably my favorite. The Pod is an early fan favorite I know and I can dig it, but I prefer the manic pop energy of Godweensatan and Guava. I do like the simple Moving Away as a sad, quiet capsule of what's great about The Pod though.

People also love The Mollusk. I thought it was a nice pop album but it just never stuck with me like the others. I like that they tried something different, but I didn't care for the country album.

What I did like in the later stuff was Quebec.

cool old college roommate put me onto them for the first time, more-or-less chronologically. He'd seen them live multiple times and was himself a druggie; he later moved to a coast where he is some communist now. I remember not liking chocolate and cheese the first time round but meh.

favorite songs: ocean man, birthday boy
album: white pepper
yeah I've seen them live. the experience was such ass I haven't listened to ween since I saw them

anyone else seeing em in minneapolis?

>Song
She Wanted to Leave, I Don't Want It

>Album
Probably Quebec

Never seen them live. They haven't played the UK in about a decade. No-one I've ever mentioned them to has ever even heard of them to I guess they're not very popular here.

song: Tear for Eddie
album: GodWeenSatan

when are they playing minneaoplis?

>ctrl F
>YA WEE BITTY FUCK
>0 results

I'm surprised Sup Forums. But on topic:
>Songs
What Deaner Was Talking About, Don't Squeal, The Argus, Waving My Dick

>Album
I really can't even pick between Mollusk, Quebec or C&C, and I'm still working my way through the catalog.

Never seen em live as I'm pretty new to them, recs for similar bands?

sept 15 at roy wilkins auditorium

AYE AYE AYE

favorite song: don't get 2 close (2 my fantasy)
album: white pepper and quebec

they just played in portland last sunday! i'm disappointed that i didn't get to see them since it was 21+. anyone on here go?

>yeah I've seen them live. the experience was such ass I haven't listened to ween since I saw them

Story? I've heard stories about them putting on some really horrible shows. They do lots of incredible ones too, but they can be drunk and sloppy at times and just not give a fuck.

well for one the venue and crowd were both equally trashy, really annoying wasted girls etc. They preformed the songs quite well, but it seemed forced, like they really didn't want to be doing it, their smiles looked very painful, like they couldn't wait to leave. It's hard to explain it was kinda like watching a band for children, if you get what I'm saying. It killed the whole Ween experience for me

>favorite songs
bumblebee pt. 2, i'm in the mood to move, don't sweat it, molly, joppa road, so many people in the neighborhood, a tear for eddie, captain fantasy, ocean man
>favorite album
really hard to say, but tied between The Pod and Quebec. those are sort of on different spectrums anyway

Yeah, the crowd can be a bit annoying because they have the jamband fanbase who are incredibly obnoxious. I saw them in 2010 and pretty good.

>Favourite song?
Demon Sweat
I've Got No Darkside
Love Will Conquer All
The Argus
She's Your Baby (Demo)
Chairman of My Own Destiny

Too many to list.

>Favourite album?
Studio: 12 Golden Country Greats
Live: With The Shit Creek Boys
Boots: White Pepper Demos
Semi-official releases: Boognish Rising Thanksgiving Sampler

>Have you seen them live?
Yes, right after La Cucaracha came out.
>How was it?
Fucking brown.

boy's club
mollusk
no

favorite song: pot luck, freedom of 76, don't laugh (i love you), chocolate town, gabrielle

favorite album: prolly quebec or chocolate and cheese

i saw them in philly a few weeks ago, shit was great. they played like 30 songs and they played most of the stuff i wanted to hear

Your pretty much me fuck
id switch Choc n cheese with Guava, i like it just that tiny bit more
I live in Scotland so hopefully one day they tour UK or i get enough money to go see them

TAKE ME AWAY
BEFORE SHE DRIVES ME CRAZYYYY

youtube.com/watch?v=msgGYgvIDnk

Can someone give me songs (from any artist) that are in the vein of this one?

No special reason.

waving my dick in the wind
the pod
I wish

>song
Can't choose a favorite, but I find myself listening to this a lot:
"Cryptical Envelopment [1] > Drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment [2]" live at Harpur College, 5/2/70. Essentially "That's It For the Other One."
Studio wise probably "Uncle John's Band" or "Morning Dew."

>album
Live album: Europe '72 5/26/72 Lyceum Strand London. Or Closing at Winterland 12/31/78.
It's hard to pick one, honestly.
Studio: Workingman's Dead

>have I seen them live
No, I was born after Jerry's death. I've seen plenty of tribute bands though. Dark Star Orchestra, especially, puts on phenomenal shows every time.

I think we're talking about different bands here buddy

i'm in the uk too and they're probably one of my favourite bands, but agree that they don't seem that well known over here

Shit, I'm retarded. Just woke up and hungover. Back to sleep.

>Favourite song?
The 30 min live version of LMLYP might be my favorite song ever period desu
Other favorites are Birthday Boy, The Argus, Fat Lenny, Pollo Asado and Piss Up a Rope
>Favourite album?
Quebec probably
>Have you seen them live? How was it?
sadly not

i forgot Nan, that is another banger

Ween is for stoner faggots who live in their mom's basement. Listen to real patrician bands like Hello Kitty Suicide Club instead.

>hellokittysuicideclub.bandcamp.com/
holy shit this is the most 00's thing ever

favorite song: The live version of A Tear for Eddie played here:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1y5FsfHnSP4
Song starts at 51:00
best song I've ever heard period

favorite album: The Pod. Everything is perfect about it, the songs, the jokes, the brown. Best atmosphere to just sit around and get fucked up to.

I saw them live this year and dropped acid at there show. Hands down best acid trip I've ever had, best concert experience I've ever had, and best night I've ever had. I'm not exaggerating either, that was the best night I've ever had. The acid, the music, everything just came together so well I don't think I'll ever experience something that beautiful again. Maybe I'll come close but I don't think I'll ever quite top it.

Bumping

Man it's been a while since the last Ween general. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I said I was putting together a compilation of all their unreleased stuff. Well, it's out now, I can give you guys the download link if you want.

please share my man

jesus christ how long is that shit

It's pretty long
mediafire.com/?437et4fmm617nqc

It's like 50% FLAC, 50% MP3. I used the best quality versions I could get my hands on, sorry. I have a new edition planned in a few months, with some new stuff and higher quality demos and whatnot. Anyway, this is most of it.

I would recommend this youtube channel for any hardcore ween fan and doesn't know about it already, it has literally tons of Ween shit on it
m.youtube.com/channel/UCrvg0YqoP7yf4fYjZz4s9-w

yeah he recently just uploaded a bunch of songs that didn't appear in the anthology, they will be in the next one.

I was fortunate enough to meet Deaner in front of a bar a few weeks ago. I remember he actually said hi to me first, which I found a little surprising.

Literal spongebobcore

Except The Mollusk was released before Spongebob.

You make me sick you big baby

Later I bumped into a guy who has seen him six times and I felt bad

>I remember he actually said hi to me first
Ween fans are really easy to recognize desu

Why don't you just shit in my mouth and fuck the devil

Literal Molluskino

Why do Ween generals always die before 50 posts?

I've been on a Ween binge lately. Trying to take on the albums I haven't listened to as much.

Fucking Eddie Dingle

Baby Bitch, Captain Fantasy, Mononucleosis, Mutilated Lips, Marble Tulip Juicy Tree, Touch My Tooter, Monique the Freak
Chocolate and Cheese
No, but I hope they come to MI at some point in the future

bump

Anyone else excited for the deaner album?

Surprised at how little love there is for The Mollusk.

Favorite Tunes: The Mollusk, What Deaner Was Talking About, Anything Quickly (Gene solo song)

Favorite Record: The Mollusk

Seen Live?: Was going to in LA but too expensive, so nope

I'm a big big fan of Synthetic Socks, Gene's teenage solo fuckaround record. Some really amazing raw shit on there.

Favourite song: Mutilated Lips

Favourite album: White Pepper

Never saw them live, but I've been told they're great.

New album when

Songs: Frank, Roses Are Free, Freedom of '76, The Mollusk, Polka Dot Tail, Exactly Where I'm At, Chocolate Town, Happy Colored Marbles, etc.

Album: The Mollusk

I've seen them live once, last Sunday in Portland and it was amazing. Easily the best performance if the festival (Project Pabst).

thanks user

>songs
mutilated lips, flutes of chi, back to basom, can't put my finger on it

>album
white pepper, probably

haven't seen them live.

np

>song
Demon Sweat
>album
Quebec
>live
Yeah, 2008 in Louisville. It was great (played a super long version of Laura in the encore), although some guy in the audience standing next to me burnt me with his lit cigarette.

Favourite song: Roses Are Free, by far but so much of their stuff is good
Favourite album: Quebec

Bump

>song

tear for eddie
sarah
touch my tooter
captain fantasy
buckingham green (live from the cats cradle 1992 is best version)
i'm holdin you
wavin my dick in the wind
piss up a rope
moving away
stroker ace

>album
the mollusk=the pod
>live
nyc april 15th 2016
best night of my life

Why did they split?

Gener was crazy addicted to something, not sure what. He went to rehab, hes better now.

vocaroo.com/i/s0koJuAcN8nt