England Euro Squad

Manchester United youngster Marcus Rashford named in Roy Hodgson's provisional 26-man England squad for Euro 2016.

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere and Newcastle's Andros Townsend also included.

Only 23 will go to France

>wilshere

>Newcastle's Andros Townsend
>get relegated
>play for your country

Just as planned.

>RASHFORD
Are you fucking serious
He hasn't even played an U21 game yet. Kane played in the U21 euros despite scoring 21 goals last season. Is Rashford too good to join up with the U21s this summer? Fuck's sake FA - this won't benefit anyone. Why not Defoe?

Having said all that, he probably won't make the final 23

>only three CBs

Townsend is one of those enigmas who is shit for his club but somehow really good for the national team

>no walcott

>Rashford

KEEP SUCKING THAT UNITED DICK WOY YOU FUCKING CUNT

IGNORE DEFOE OR CARROLL, PLACATE THE UNITED FANS

>Townsend

Fuck off

>Woy's fallen for the Stones meme

And to be fair he has been good for Shitcastle

>liverpoo players in squad

why?

He was Newcastle's best player since signing for them tbf
Never good enough to start for spurs though

Well he can get rid of Townsend for a start

>rashford ahead of Walcott
>the guy who was taken to WC2006 to gain big tournament experience
>replaced by guy for tournament experience

Best team since the golden generation gonna get two little saint George's flags to put on my golf

It's a never-ending cycle of "needs tournament experience" and "he's had his chance for england, time to drop him". We'll never win an international trophy in my lifetime I fear

Well he has got to cut 3 players, I'd imagine Delph and Rashford are going to be 2 of them. Also:

>No Andy Carroll

kys woy

>no dann (also >picking 3 CBs)
>no simpson
>no antonio
>no defoe

also honorable mentions for including
>stones, rooney, delph, sterling

Nice. Roy seems to be picking based on form, seems like we might do w-

>Rooney
>Stones

W

>Townsend
Based Woy.

In 2006, it looked like he had the potential to become a class player. Instead he's literally no better now than he was 10 years ago.

>townsend
>Delph
>wheelchair

>No Mahrez
>No Huth

What the fuck is this?

He's the smartest midfielder England have. If he is fit he should go. He's proven his worth for England.

He was good in two games a few years ago.

Walcott shouldn't go. So with that in mind, you may as well add a player to the provisional squad to spend a few days with the senior setup

Sound logic from Hodgson. No one thinks Rashford would actually be in the final 23 barring injuries.

>Wilshere
>Townsend

OK WOY

Literally 11 out of 26 players are from top 4 teams, with one of them hardly playing this season (wilshere). Embarrassing

Isn't Henderson injured?

It's almost as if top teams have more good players than worse teams

he just played yesterday la

>roy hasn't picked my favourite meme player
>hurr durr hodgson gtfo we would have won the euros if he had

I think he's saying there should be more

ITS LITERALLY COMING HOME

>more Liverpoop player than any other teams
>no West Ham players

Why is this allowed

lets be seriously for a minute.
which 3 will get dropped?

>Lallana
>Henderson
>Milner
>DELPH
>no Noble

What did Delph even do this year? Did he play one game?

It's coming home, it's coming home...

Tell the whole world it's coming home..

Because we aren't retards.

>Rooney
Also chelshit and arsenlol both only have 1(one) player on the list just like shitty football league team Newcastle

>this is the best the England manager thinks this country has to offer

Out in the group stages again, lads.

Surprisingly reasonable considering 3 players will be dropped, the base of the team I think most people would have picked is there and there's some fluff around the edges to pad out the squad for the friendlies when all the players won't be there

Rashford makes some sense if you assume there is a close to 0% chance he'll actually go (although I think he's got pretty lucky, I haven't watched many Man United games this season but it looks like his shot numbers are poor - definitely got lucky with conversion although Van Gaal has neutered everyone's shots there so who knows)

Would assume Rashford, Delph/Drinkwater and Townsend/Lallana are to be dropped

Also I have to assume that people who don't want Wilshere in the squad must have some sort of grudge or bias - can't see a neutral not wanting him starting every game he's fit (so maybe 1/3 of a game if we're lucky)

>I don't rate Milner

*tip*

>wilshere
>townsend
>delph
>rashford

Townsend
Rashford
Wilshere due to lack of fitness, otherwise delph

I don't see him dropping any defenders at this point - already looking thin back there

Was he seriously better than Noble this year?

he had to pick united players because london would riot if Man U didnt get represented

Still coming home, woy is a mastermind

I could last longer than Wilshit in a match right now. Fucking glass legged nonce.

world class players in squad:

wilshere
rooney

>wtf woy why did you pick rppney and wheelchair?

classic englel

They play different positions. He'll probably play Milner as a right of left attacking mid, Noble is more of a classic CM.

Milner has versatility to play anywhere across midfield, can fill in an at fullback, play defensively, and has a great cross. Milner's been in great form in 2016, picking up 13 assists

heaton over ben foster is most interesting to me

Noble really is not good enough and I say that having watched quite a lot of West Ham this season, wouldn't get any game time as he's not flexible enough a player and would necessitate shaping the midfield in a way England haven't all through qualifying just to suit him

I'd give Antonio a pick because he's a good player and character and can play multiple positions but I'm not outraged he's not going - can't see that many situations where he'd end up getting brought on the pitch

jog on jap

Wilshere has started once this season and played 141 minutes of football, he should be nowhere near the squad.

*right or left

>He has to take one of these four
I think I saw Delph come off the bench one time a few months ago. He's literally on the list on the basis of his contract.

Woy is more fit than Wheelchair and the other two are just embarrassing.

Please tell me how they have been world class since the 2014 world cup

Every squad needs a milner

henderson on the other hand....

>Wilshere
>Rooney
>World class

Fuck off jap

Surprised Welbeck isn't on the list just in case he's miraculously fit in time for the final.

What is your cutoff minimum minutes played to get in the squad? Seems arbitrary to have one at all if the player is fit and capable of playing their best

>tom heaton

BASED

i bet hes over the moon

Henderson has been shit for Liverpool when fit all season, his heel still isn't fixed so he can't even press as well as he used to. No idea why he's in the team

who would you have in ahead of wilshere? i agree it's embarrassing that a guy who's played fuck all is in the squad but there's not really anyone else...mark noble possibly?

it's no worse than barkley, delph, sterling, townsend, rashford or stones being picked t b h

>Wilshere
>No Defoe
>3 (three) center backs
Just fuck off Roy

Wilshere is England's best player, if he's fit then you take him. Doesn't matter if he's only played 3 games.

>arsenal fans believe this

dier is the 4th center back

Used to have

>Terry
>Ferdinand
>King
>Carragher
>Campbell

Now we have
>Cahill
>Smalling
>Stones
>Literally nobody else

Where did it go wrong lads, why are our CBs so shit now

>Alli born in 1996

Suggesting Noble as an alternative to Wilshere is just ridiculous, they would have completely different jobs and Noble's one wouldn't fit into how England has played all through qualifying

In a group of 4, the top two qualify and the third place go into a best qualifier scenario.

You're posting shit.

Stones sums up exactly where we went wrong

>le ball playing centre back meme

Teaching CBs to play out from the back rather than defending and getting rid of danger

I'd be more concerned about having one of the worst defences at the tournament than arguing about who should be in the midfield.

Yet the pundits who praise Stones are the same ones who say "this team is lacking no nonsense defenders"

What Wilshere has done at club level is fucking irrelevant. He's fit and he regularly performs for England despite how he does for Arsenal.

If he plays in these friendlies next next and shows he's capable of delivering, he'll go.

Try and put aside your bias and hatred and apply reasoned thought, you edgy little shit.

Why have West Ham been completely ignored by England?Noble, Cresswell, Caroll and especially Antonio all deserve to at least be in the provisional squad.Townsend is in their ffs.

But you're a fat paki.

>Wilshere
>fit and capable of playing his best
Come on

I forgot about Ledley King.

;_;

FA agreed to give them a free stadium instead, and forgot that mascherano and tevez ever existed

wilshere for england has sat deep and tried to dictate play, noble can do this to some extent, what's wrong with how he plays and how wouldn't it fit with england?

Wilshere was by far our best player in the qualifiers.

Noble, most overrated player of 2015/2016.

West Ham fans just pushing it because WE WON THE WORLD CUP bullshit

Noble is pony, this is like a few years ago when people wanted Kevin Nolan in the squad.

I bet this was really funny in your head.

I actually like the multiple midfield options considering how England have played under Hodgson

Too many people on here seem to be treating this like FIFA and just putting players wherever or not thinking about the formation. For example Delph will 100% go because he fits into the diamond that Hodgson plays better than, say Lallana or Noble.

t. Patel, #1 Arsenal fan

Taking a sicknote with 10 starts in 2 years based on a handful of games he's had as a teenager is a waste of a place.

delph is wank, a liability

I agree that the selection of players are very versatile, but he isn't the best manager to take advantage of that

>Why have West Ham been completely ignored by England
Because it's fucking irrelevant how they've done in the league.

>carroll
A dumb as shit, clumsy liability who commits more fouls than anything else.

I'm sick of the favourites getting automatically picked every time without having to work their way into the squad. He'll still say it's picked on form even though it's clearly not.

Fantastic post, really smart stuff

Lallana
Henderson
Wilshere
Rashford
Townsend

It's going to be a short stop in France for us lads

What are you talking about, you thick paki? Welbeck is fucking out for months.

rip

York City.

There is no one better than Carroll at heading the ball and we all or should all know that England will have to resort to spamming crosses. Without Carroll it is not effective.

It was a joke you stupid cunt.

Every national team has their favourites. Imagine how many barca/madrid/bayern fringe players have gotten undeserved call ups over the years