How come when athletes assault each other on the field...

How come when athletes assault each other on the field, rink or pitch it's okay but if I get in a bar fight I go to jail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f37N2saNnwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Players union

Can we start a bar fighting Union?

You raise a valid point. If I did this at a bar or concert I would get charged with assault. I'm curious how the league will handle this. Bautista might get a game for the slide and odor could get 10+ games maybe more considering who he hit. All in all I wish this happened more often because it was one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen.

But don't they get paid when they are suspended? Basically you punch a guy and get paid to stay at home. Why are they above the law?

The other player would have to press charges...and they really just dont do that if its on the field and what not.

Athletes fighting in clubs and what not get arrested and go to jail like normal people

No you lose pay when you're suspended. The % of games you're suspended for is retracted from your salary. Players being suspended for 80 games lose roughly 50% of their salary.

Theres a genocide union i think

So they don't press charges because they don't want to look like bitches? Can't the government press charges though? There is video proof of the assault

Cops here can remove the life of a human and get paid vacation. Not to mention keep their livelihood. Bit strange innit la

DELETE THIS

you just answered your own question. a prosecutor COULD press charges, but every one up to and including the judge would look at him sideways

Wasn't the prospect of criminal charges raised against Zdeno Chara for almost murdering Pacioretty

Still doesn't make sense that they get treated like the law doesn't touch them.

McSorley basically killed Brashear and nothing happened to him. Anyone else would have been in jail for years

Only by the frogs

You're retarded.

Then become a pro athlete instead of a barfighting douchebag. Whining about their ability to punch someone without arrest is petty; their income/lifestyle has far bigger advantages than that.

most prosecutors have better things to do than build and try a case for some meme brawl at a sports game

if it was a legit violent assault that truly fucked up the guy, like if some madman charged out of the dugout with a bat and bashed some dudes skull in, sure they could prosecute if they wanted

Because athletes consent to assault by virtue of playing sports. Literally everything in sports is an assault. The question when shit like this happens in sports is did it exceed implied consent. Brawls happen in baseball, whatever. If Odor went and swung a bat at Jose then yeah that's over the top.

Regarding McSorely, he actually went to trial and received 18 months probation, so it's not true that nothing happened.

Bar fighting isn't a sport?

18 months probation for giving a guy a seizure, brain damage, a lisp and a ruined career is nothing. If anyone else did that it would be years in prison.

These players are from the third world. This is them being well behaved. We should just be grateful they're not decapitating each other on the field

But seriously, shit happens when you're competitive juices and adrenaline are flowing. If you started charging people it would be a slippery slope. Would Bautista's dirty slide be considered assault? A late hit in football? The field/pitch/rink/court is sort of separate from the real, everyday world with different rules, almost like modern day gladiators (except obviously toned way, way, way down)

youtu.be/f37N2saNnwI