Optimism Thread

Sup Forums is filled with too much negativity. This place is a bit of a shithole, let's change that. Discuss music and good shit happening anons.

>current favorite album and mood
>favorite overall album
>why are you feeling optimistic?
>what are you looking forward to?

Oddly enough I'm listening to The Cure and anxiously awaiting autumn to happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S67576681
quickposes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sharon Van Etten's Tramp and Destroyer's Rubies. Feeling good but nervous about future as a student and musician
>favorite overall album
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Schools doing well, girlfriends great, hopefully going to make a masterwork one day
The future I think!

bumping for hope

>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S67576681

This thread inspired me to make more threads like this. Just help each other out and make good rec's and stay away from the garbage that is most of Sup Forums.

bumpity

>current fav
VDP-Discover America. a goofy kind of chill.
>fav overall album
Speaking in Tongues - Talking Heads
it's my day off
>looking forward to
smoking a joint and going record hunting later

the other day my buddy in property management tipped me off that a building that was being torn down had all sorts of crazy crap in it. I went in and found a crate of records and got excited... most of them were complete trash but then, lo and behold, Linda Perhacs' Parralellograms. also found a working neon sign that says "USED CD'S". pretty fucking awesome day

its best left as a shithole imo - but a shithole with civil discussion would be nice

>current fav and mood
not sure, re-listening to Riska by Haco so lets say that. Very jittery, no sleep
>Fav ovr
Supercar - Futurama
>optimism
still holding down job, but not much else
>forward too
dont know

Good shit, song cycle is a big fav of mine (along with speaking in tongues). I'd dig looking forward to that as well, smoking is best way to record shop (considering many people are high as well I can imagine...) Fuck I'd kill to find Parralellograms anywhere. One man's trash is another mans treasure then!
Look forward to being able to look forward, keep moving user keep moving

>Hold on Now, Youngster
>At home with Owen
>headed back into school, taking it slow this time so I don't crash and burn
Looking forward to the season change, as well as americ anfootball 2: Electric Boogaloo

Seasonal Change gets me more excited than anything else. Don't crash and burn, you'll never return. Take it slow and earn your keep that way.

a promise
the monitor
i m not
death

turn that frown upside down user, at least you have good music taste

>Sup Forums is filled with too much negativity. This place is a bit of a shithole, let's change that
No thats what reddit is for
Sup Forums negativity is the reason why u can get some straight up non agenda advice and suggestions without consideration for your feelings

Dean blunt - stone island on edge tbqh started college and already regretting computer science but so far my grades are good
>favorite overall album
King crimson - Starless(live album)

If i somehow start getting adjusted programming I can get a job that pays more than minimum wage.

new friends maybe a gf where we communicate well. less social anxiety

current fav
swawko- island light
don't have a favorite album

looking for more field recording sound collage recs, kinda didn't like some of the ones from the chart.

i'm looking forward to looking at this new apartment tonight, looking forward to moving from my place cause my roommate is horrible. lol

>current fav
I find it hard to choose one album, but the last one I gave 5 stars to was My Favorite Things by Coltrane, I forgot how good it was. Mood? Pretty good, I'm getting into drawing, got some books about it, I went for a run today, now I'm listening to Endtroducing and waiting for the night to come, when it gets dark, I'm going to go for a bike ride with a friend.
>overall fav
That's even harder, so I'll give an album thast's a bit less known, maybe someone will download it and love it too, Ewa Braun - Stereo, post-rock, post-hardcore with krautrock influence, great for night listening.
I don't think about the future, just that week, I'm going to go for a bike ride this night, not a long one, I'm going to run tomorrow, although I'll probably run some short distance as a recovery run.
>what are you looking forward to
I don't know, maybe the day that my drawing will get better, and probably the day I'm gonna take part in some longer race, maybe I'll do a 55km running race next year, but I try not to think about future as it is easy for me to get anxious or depressed that way.

If you can kill it in computer science then you're probably set with a job as long as you adapt and crush it networking wise. It's tough but better than a major in communications honestly. King Crimson is dope
>BIBLE BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKK
I'm also looking forward to new friends, the old ones weren't even friends and they aren't even here anymore. GF is the only friend I have and that's ok with me for now
getting away from shit tier roommates is like heroin. I swear getting away from the negativity made my life so much better. I had a bad roommate (multiple, just didn't gel personality wise and some stupid shit they did...) Life's better with different roommates (and best friend here too)
Drawing is very very fun, highly suggest to keep it up. Ooh a bike ride with a friend, haven't been cycling in years. I don't think about the future too much either, just week to week. Keep up the fitness especially if it brings happiness and health (I sound like a Chinese fortune cookie right now...)

>Sup Forums negativity is the reason why u can get some straight up non agenda advice and suggestions without consideration for your feelings

At first I thought I'd disagree with this, but the chart threads and rec threads help with this. It's less negativity in terms of how they recommend stuff, it's more less bullshit and getting to the point. It's when discussion tries to occur in tandem with recommendations is when it goes to shit.

Getting out of college with a job is a fucking good feeling. Ege and SAW are two favorites of mine as well, I don't tire of them. I'm also seeing my gf in a bit, feels good man

don't worry about the autumn mate, everything will be fine, think of all those colours that are about to come, all those oranges and yellows, reds and even those browns.
Drawing is great because it helps us in looking at the world, Ruskin taught about that, I think, there's even an anecdote of him talking to his students that he is not teaching them to draw, he is teaching them to look.
I love running and cycling, and I can watch the world, look for the beauty in places that most people don't, it's really fun, plus I love watching my runs or rides on map, and all those statistics.

Hope you have a good day or night!

i always get so giddy when fall comes, i'm the same way with spring. last fall we didn't get much it was the hottest October on record here (Denver).
bike riding is the best! i gotta fix my flat tire lol. what kid of bike do you own?
oh and check this website out. it has timed photos of models with pretty good life drawing poses. drawing from photos is bunk but if you can find a place where they do life drawing sessions (which should be easy if you live in a city) it's totally worth it.
quickposes.com/
also it's nice looking at naked people, guess i'm a perv.
yeah this guy is horrible, he shoved me into a wall while my back was turned and when i went to fight back he said he'd press charges if i hit him, what a coward.

nice, I like Talking Heads too, and I think that I'll give a try that favourite album of yours, maybe tomorrow.

Hope that you have a good day!

Nice Kandinsky btw! Didn't mean to imply I dislike fall I love it immensity actually. You have a great day as well!
Fall means thanksgiving and Christmas which is why i love it so much. Screw that guy, he probably can't even press charges if he's stupid enough to resort to violence. Just let the ashes fall where they may and get to know better people user, godspeed and enjoy your day! I've had shitty roomates as well, and the new ones are so much better

>quickposes.com/
Thanks, when I get better I'll try that site, I guess I'm too bad right now to do it, I got some books on drawing, the Drawing on the right side of brain, some books by Loomis, and some old books, but right now I practise lines, circles and boxes, sometimes I'll draw a landscape for fun, I'm bad but I enjoy it, so I don't care, I try to draw objects from my room, furniture for example. I have a mountain bike, Giant Revel that I ride most, but I don't ride that much, I prefer running, I usually use it to go to the shop, to the library, to see a friend or to go for a ride with him, I also like to ride with my father, we did two 100km rides in August. I also have an old road bike, KTM, I worry that it is too small for me, but I got it for free. I ride it rarely.
Feels a bit bad talking about myself so much. What kind of bike do you have?

Not the user you're responding to, but if you don't talk about yourself then who is going to hear you and see who you are? Let it out man, you seem to be pretty passionate about cycling, I love it as well! Also you seem to have a good relationship with your father which is good

Hey, I was just listening to No Age the other day for the first time in a couple of years.
That album is pretty awesome. I got to see them back during that tour and it was an amazing show. They really put on a show for just the two of them

I just picked that album at random to put in my post too. Love that album. Hella jealous that you saw them back then. They toured with dan deacon and deerhunter and would do an in the round type show and switch off and jam with each other. I would have killed to see those shows. Any other cool shows you've seen?

what kind of music do you play?
I'll give your favourite album by Sharon Van Etten a try, it may be interesting.

I love modern psychedelic music, but I can never get it to come out like Animal Collective or Yeasayer's first album or even Beach House. idk stuff like that or Destroyer or even St. Vincent. So cool guitar rock with interesting chords and psychedelic sounds/interesting production and harmonies I guess. Tramp is a very good album and so is her one from 2014. I've been in a creative rut for like a year and basically whenever I create I always hold it to my favorite records and then I get bummed out and stop creating. I have this idea that I'm supposed to be amazing and I expect it to occur too quickly without work and it bums me out...I'll keep trying though and be optimistic however!

the devil and god are raging inside me, feeling like shit

HTTT

i'm not, i'm trying to get over my ex

a miracle. i just want to stay happy and a girlfriend really helps you do that, but now i'm fucked

What do you love most about cycling? Because I think that different people love different thing about it. I mostly like watching the landscapes, because I think that there is a lot beauty around us, that people don't seem to notice, they travel to places far away not having seen the places near them. It is one of the few things that I and my father really enjoy, so we can spend some time together that way. And I also love watching the ride later on Strava, the map, the statistics, segments (I recommend you to try it if you don't, it's a great site for cycling, you need a GPS for it, there's also an app for smartphones that you can use to track your rides.)

don't worry mate, I've heard that the first step at being good at something is sucking at it, and however cheesy it may sound, no one is great from the beginning, for some it comes easier, for some harder. Keep playing and composing and you'll surely make something great. Maybe find some people to play and/or talk about music with, it may help you, as well as improvising with them. If you burn out too quickly, maybe try going slower, I don't know anything about composing and I can only play some songs based on basics chords on the guitar so I don't really know anything about playing too, so I can't help in those matters.

Hold on user! Work hard for better days ahead of you. You don't need a miracle you need a good frame of mind. Get over your ex right now, and start searching. Hold yr head up.
I think just seeing nature is excellent in any regard and that's what I like most about it.
thank you, it means a lot. I'll make sure to thank Sup Forums when i win a BNM

Going for the ride now, gonna get back to this thread when i get back.

Awesome, enjoy your ride user. Safe and beautiful travels

thanks bruh

keeping the optimism alive

Bert Jansch - L.A. Turnaround, not a well known one but I really recommend it. Mood's slightly better than usually, I'm surprised how well I've survived high school so far and suddenly having to study at home too + autumn is gr8
>favorite overall album
This is hard but I think Opeth - Watershed is the one
Though I'm doing better than usually at the moment, I've been dealing with lots of shit for a long time, but optimism is kind of a part of my personality and I'm thankful for it. Also I have 5/5 friends
Learning new songs my piano teacher gave me

Good friends user, keep them don't lose them. High School can be tough sometimes, it definitely prepares you somewhat for the real world (study tactics, ideas for your future.) Keep at the piano, you'll thank yourself later.

that sounds like a nice bike, i got a fixie from a thrift shop for 30 bucks, all i had to do was clean the cassette and tighten a few spokes. just start simple, those books sound pretty good but be careful about posting on /ic/ because anons there give some pretty shit advice imo. just keep practicing.
yeah if he pressed charges after starting a fight it wouldn't work but he's dumb enough to try anyways. i'm not to big on fighting anyways

never been a big fighting guy. I always like to think i'd do it and think that it'll solve things, but being articulate with words and being calm is better IMO. I've always tried to get better with being rational and not getting worked up and proving myself, it's never good.

in munich for a while, venues or bands to check out? drinkin wine and listening to king krule rn

Thank you user. I'm a very curious person and at least somewhat interested in almost anything else than sports which helps too.
I started playing when I was 6 and for many times I've wanted to quit but luckiy my parents half-forced me to continue - I had to wait for the real motivation for 10 years but it's been 100% worth it.

Found pic related at a goodwill last week and i've been listening to it for awhile. Good find.
Just got back from camping with friends.
>favorite overall album
Four Tet - Rounds
Nothing really weighing on my back in the near future.
Not much, actually. Getting new PC parts hopefully soon. New Bonobo might be sometime this year too.

>current fav.
that one Melt album that Brian Chippendale did. finally got around to listening to it this morning and it's incredible
>overall fav.
Pink Moon
>why I'm optimistic
school just started back up, just moved to my own place for the first time, feeling for the first time in years that I actually have my life together
>what I'm looking forward to
getting my degree next year

Just got back from my ride, I'm going to listen to the Sharon Van Etten - Tramp right now since it's one user's from that thread favourite. And while I was getting back home, I recalled one EP that is my recent favourite, it's 月光慰問客 [Gekko Imonkyaku] - 月がでたので (Tsuki ga Deta no de), it's great Art Pop from Japan, it's really sort so I recommend to give it a try, it's a really fun EP.
I'll probably won't post on /ic/, but maybe I'll browse it a bit.

Right now I'm going to make chamomile tea, and then I'll try that album.

d-d-d dubs!

anons on /ic/ hate on modernist and post-modern/ contemporary art, i can't take that board seriously. that being said the books recommended for drawing seem like they're decent.

Rounds is fucking fantastic. Bonobo is also dank
Pink Moon is described as sad, but it always reminds me of super early mornings that are beautiful. Yes! I also am getting my life together and a degree soon, what's your degree in?
Awesome, hope you enjoy Tramp

Speaking of optimism, just spoke to a great friend from back in the day about music and creativity. Excited for the hard work in the future to do what I want to attempt to achieve my goals