5x5 1 month

5x5 1 month
Discuss music
Guess biggest fears
Recommend music

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Dropdead-8-Track-Collectors-Are-Pretentious-Assholes/release/2514259
youtu.be/MVlZWOtDdlI
youtu.be/BuPqcxCf-D0
youtu.be/84-Uf2MGggY
youtube.com/watch?v=gxw1Zef3EO0
youtu.be/jz6Trox_xao
youtube.com/watch?v=-I-POWtEJ8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that hilliard ensemble album cover looks like a still from an echography

getting crushed by a building-sized turkey
accidentally eating a crayon

tfw no building sized turkey dinner
tfw accidental crayon dinner

fuck I didn't read the 1 month part of the OP

damn fuck the Spotify scrobbler it's missing Feldman's String Quartet No.1 baka at you scrobbler
you are brazillian so you are scared of favellas
you hate flies, but what scares you is a big amount of flies like if they were a cloud
what's Dieu Est Fou like and how do you pronounce it
your biggest fear is diying alone

(i looked up sad kpop on google to find this)

I can't

I don't know naything about music

how are
the roots

I like:
myanmar music
the monks
good is my co pilot
you

candy scratchers iss pretty good yeah they're like the misfits and that's never a bad thing wish the vocalist would go a little more nuts I think

i dont listen to most of this, but rachmaninov is my favorite composer so nice seeing that on there
tommy wright iii best memphis rapper
fuck yeah, i don't think i've ever seen jute gyte on somebody elses chart. i love that shit
busdriver is patrician

le double fuck

guess who just realized he hasn't been scrobbling from his phone at all this past month

shels a good desu
Check out Corea - los 7km etc etc

is that dropdead image a photo of the cover

helo boko
Check out The Pessimist Hangs The Optimist for some stuff similar to Today is the Day

they're great, incredibly solid hip hop group.

you pronounce it "god is hella cray cray"

Jute Gyte is great af, Perdurance is easily one of my fav 2016 albums. Kalmbach's one of the few people in BM that I still excitedly follow

William Bennett Has No Dick

is it also really depressing and ambitious as hell at the same time

no but it's stupidly shrill sludge metal with equally "kill me"-vocals
aka the things I love about Sadness Will Prevail

Nice stravinsky
Hows the Shostakovich piano concertos? Hitting the spot?
Obscure
Ive seen that boredoms record cover around the board, is it worth listening over?

i like:
dropdead
bleeeaauurrrrgghhhhh
nation of ulyssses
shinju
devo
bananaers
hated
(reagan )you(th)

agreed on candy snatchers
that is the best myanmar album btw listen to it
flies are beautiful no
>tommy wright iii best memphis rapper
truth
emo luric

stfu glooms

no u

gloomey

kiss me

what does mu think of The Band?

>

it's actually this
discogs.com/Dropdead-8-Track-Collectors-Are-Pretentious-Assholes/release/2514259

my dad found his 8 tracks and player in the garage we had a fun day amd I thought hey why not scrobble it
hundred tracks though so much for 8

it's ok, you're not missing a ton if you never hear it, it's a compilation of their early stuff basically

you don't like crossed out????????????
or born against????????????

cool
did you hear
this
youtu.be/MVlZWOtDdlI

he's so likeable

yoona...
also

pretty good
what do you think of the band

wow tyhank you sir
haven't heard much crissede out or born against so idk

I mean i had always listened to the weight, but i just started getting into them. i think it's pretty cool what they did in a time so dominated by psychedelia and prog rock.

+Freddie Gibbs, Kanye, DOOM, T6M, Drake, Gucci
Thugger, Gucci, YG, Lil Ugly Mane
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs, Yeezus, KPP

do
youtu.be/BuPqcxCf-D0
youtu.be/84-Uf2MGggY

yeah they were a little ahead of the curve on the back to basics thing fot sure

shut up gloomy

whatd you think of Prima Donna

you need to check out maxo kream he's right up your alley
go listen to the albm #MAXO187 rn

haha trickd u

I'll peep, thanks for the rec

Recs appreciated

Also holy shit Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is underrated, I thought The Eraser was fucking boring but I love this

Fuck I honestly have not listened to a hip-hop album other than Cosmogramma and Madvillainy in so fucking long. I need to finally pick up Liquid Swords

Trick Dice was my AOTY 2015 and Supasonic is really good so check those out if you want more LUM

>Either/Or
Right on
Listen to his s/t and Roman Candle if you want more acoustic or XO (his best album) if you want more pleasant arrangements

Or listen to New Moon if you just want to drive around in the middle of the night

i liked it a lot. 5-6 good songs. you seen the video yet? it's awesome

thanks. i've been trying to listen to him, but i'm in a huge 60s craving right now

I feel you. Elliott's poppier side was heavily influenced by The Beach Boys if you weren't already listening to them.

I haven't seen it yet i should check it out

but yeah agreed on the songs, really solid ep, looking forward to his next project

i dunno about the beach boys. i really liked pet sounds when i first listened to it, but i just can't get the same feeling any other time i try. i've been listening to a ton of VU

do you have a link to Trick Dice? I was looking and the mega link i found was old and the file got deleted

dying alone

having to poop in a public bathroom

disapointing your parents

squirrels

handsome men standing next to you on the bus

drowning

rejection

youtube.com/watch?v=gxw1Zef3EO0 pretty wacky but i like it

shinee performed a shitload of new songs live recently so it'll probably be a full album this month
I only heard one and the quality was terrible but it sounds vaguely dancey/housey like view

Judge me all powerful Sup Forums

does it have a name already?

+Feels, Sweet Trip, Autechre
~Yeezus
Liked the cover to Antique Soul enough that I turned it on. Liking it so far.
+Amy Winehouse, MBDTF, Doom, Erykah Badu
+all the Sup Forums core, especially Bloom
what's your AOTY?
2radiohead4me
++Astral Weeks

youtu.be/jz6Trox_xao
I'm suree you can find lots of other ones if you look, I kinda didnt want to spoil myself

I guess it wont be the single, and it's written by jonghyun

I meant if the album has an official name already so I can find it on kpop share if its out

+Thug, Q, Aesop, Denzel, Danny Brown, Tribe, Vince, Joey

Try These Days by Ab-Soul

ohhh not yet

that's kind of sm's thing
they'll drop a teaser like a week before it's out

it's a new genre called 'my gf hates me-core'

+Fran Ocean, King Krule
-anco

+Young Thug, Black Flag, Danny Brown, Future

fuck fake collages
+bowie, Jeff Buckley, Knye, Nick Drake, Spiritualized, John Lennon, Tom Waits
-elliott smith

listened to any Daniel Johnston??
what about the mountain goats??

+Radiohead, MBV, Sonic Youth, deathconsciousness

listened to any Public Image ltd or the Fall??

+GZA, PE, DOOM, Dre, Kendrick
what;s travis scott like?? Good?

+Old Drake, Madgibbs, Clash

+Melvins
ever listen to nirvana? :^)

2/2 (Zappa, Eno)
Frank Zappa - Zappa in New York

Spiders? IDK.

0/0
I don't know what any of this shit is.

Your greatest fear is Cthulu exists and he's going to fucking kill everyone.

1/1
Escalator over the Hill is dope AF.

Try Muhal Richard Abrams Orchestra - Blu Blu Blu

Fear = you are on the beach and your trunks come off and all the girls laugh at you.

That's not a 5x5...

Greatest fear = conforming and also not being a cunt.

0/0
Out of my area of expertise.

3/3
Can't think of anything but you're scared of the dark.

0/0
Scared of bright lights.

2/2
I kind of just want to say "Johnny Adams - Johnny Adams Sings Doc Pomus: The Real Me" because it's blues (even though it's not really "proper" blues like Howlin' Wolf).

3/3
Try Horse Lords - Interventions

Also scared of water I guess.

2/2
Ka - Honor Killed the Samurai (or the Night's Gambit)

7/7
The Drones - Feelin Kinda Free
Squarepusher - Hard Normal Daddy

Scared of being cucked against your will.

5/5
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Roy Harper - Stormcock, and also "When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease", the song.

Scared of difficult maths.

1/1

Scared of terrorists.

2/3 (+DEP, +Fugazi, ~Aesop Rock)
Beats me desu.

I keep an eye out for that - should have a few bangerz atleast

fears: what comes after death, millipedes, shellies

does it bother you that the barenaked ladies have some of the worst album covers ever conceived?

suck my dick

have you heard agnetha faltskog's first album from before abba
it's nice

>2radiohead4me
pls forgive
ever since I saw them live I can't stop listening it's really bad but I don't regret it (except for In Rainbows disc 2 that shit's got like 3 good songs)

How is Sweatbox Dynasty? I keep trying to listen to BMSR/Tobacco stuff but I inevitably feel like they're in the same boat as Deerhunter where I like them a lot on paper and not really as much when I listen to them

Never listened to PiL or The Fall but I know they're both great (best friend loves the former). What other post-punk is there that I should check out along the lines of Interpol and HANL? I was going to listen to the Chameleons since HANL is playing a festival set with them next year (fucking finally). Tried to listen to Joy Division a lot but Unknown Pleasures loses me on the slower tracks and Closer is too dark to really listen to all the time

Really great on production and his hooks are usually really nice, still not so sure how i feel about this latest album after a lot of listens, but i loved Rodeo and would definitely rec

the music makes up for it

and i like the cover of maroon

e2e's got a good one too

Notice me senpai

Probably listen to the Killing Joke they're great.
PiL are the peak of post-punk stuff imo, nothing after really matches their naked ambition.

pick up a copy of Simon Reynolds 'Rip it Up and Start Again', it's a great history of post punk in the 80s.

>the music makes up for it
???
>How is Sweatbox Dynasty?
As a big Tobacco/BMSR fan, I did not like it that much. Nowhere near as good as Fucked Up Friends or Maniac Meat. BSMR's Cobra Juicy is secretly the best thing they've ever put out. I'd try that one if you're still interested in giving them a try; if CJ doesn't do it for you, none of their stuff will.
+Com Truise
Noticed!

>33
yeah DUDE

i wanna say wildflower but i think blackstar/teens of denial if it wasnt so damn long

I am not afraid to die at all. It's quite liberating.

What's a good album by Van Morrison other than AW?

Antique Soul is based. Thanks Based Turny. If you liked it check out the Project Pablo thing and Homecookin'

Moondance, most definitely.

>this post
>these numbers

>33
consider you'reself checked
Ok those are all fine choices. I have to say kind of entry level but a valid opinion.
Nice trips. This weekend actuallyI saw a group called American Symphony of Soul, you'd probably like them.

Pretty good month desu desu
Afraid of someone breaking your heart

>Very pretty I like you
th-thanks you too
+Avey, of Montreal, Avalanches, Nas, AnCo, Eno

What comes after death is scary as fuck. Millipedes are meh as far as bugs go and I don't even know what shellies are.

Also I have no recs for you ):

I haven't - haven't heard much ABBA at all in fact. Is the album you're talking about the self-titled?

What m8, I said you were afraid of terrorists, not of dying.

2/2

Dunno man as usual tonnes of shit I've never listened to. A bunch I've been meaning to, some by artists I like, some that I've like heard once and liked a bit. B+

I don't know how to describe Abra that much. It's an EP and it's kind of weird minimalistic electronic R&B. Maybe she's a bit like FKA Twigs but a bit weirder / jankier and kind of cheesier. It's a pretty cool EP though REC'd.

youtube.com/watch?v=-I-POWtEJ8U

i honestly haven't listened to much music from this year. I've pretty much reshaped my music taste this year, which went from listening to current stuff to listening to classics + mu core etc. what are yours? i'd love to check some more stuff out from this year

If you like Rachmaninoff, you'll probably enjoy Robert Muczynski.

Coquelicot and Ceres and Calypso are some of my favorite albums. What's your favorite album of 2016? Have any recs for me?
Tanks bud
How do you like el pintor

Here's my running list of AOTYSF contenders, in no particular order:
>James Blake - The Colour in Anything
>Deakin - Sleep Cycle
>KAYTRANADA - 99.9%
>Gold Panda - Good Luck and Do Your Best
>2814 - Rain Temple
>Anderson Paak - Malibu
>Frank Ocean - Blonde
Right now the front runner is Kaytranada, I think. If you have any interest in hip hop (and it seems you do) that album should have something for you.
>What's your favorite album of 2016?
See above
>Have any recs for me?
First off I'd recommend covering the rest of AnCo and of Montreal's discogs if you haven't already; specifically Sung Tongs comes to mind. Other than that, try Sweet Trip - You Will Never Know Why and Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit