What are Babymetal like live...

What are Babymetal like live? I've been listening to a few songs on youtube because I'm seeing RHCP in December and Babymetal are supporting them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA
youtube.com/watch?v=Vpg3Z_9PP5I
youtube.com/watch?v=j6cC01au1RY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I personally can't stand them, but friends of mine already saw them 3 times and liked it.
So I think they are good if you like shareholder made metal with nippon moe aesthetics.

They're a meme band specifically created to cater to foreigners who think Japanese people buy used panties from vending machines and master to tentacle rape cartoons.

Babymetal live is a real experience, whether you like the music or not, the girls and the band are real performers. The choreographies the girls do are absolutely stunning, all while singing. As far as it goes as a performance, it's absolutetly stunning what they can do, of course babymetal is very polarizing as far as preference goes, but something objective is that they are experienced hard working performers.

Suprisingly accurate.

Why do we have to be like this. let's stop memeing and doing Le edgy nothing is good face and just talk like adults.

this
youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA

>shareholder made
>implying you have any semblance of a clue of what you're saying

Wet dream made real of a reddit browsing "metalhead" that listens to weeb music secretly.

Dude they are literally japanese Idol tier.
You can't like them all you want, but that won't change that they are as genuine as the latest American Idol winner

Adults don't listen to metal. They listen to whatever Yasukata Nakata shits out every month.

>implying implications
The latest American idol winner is in most cases a young adult with a half ok voice.
The girls in babymetal have been working on complex choreographies (sorry to break this to you, but dancing and playing an instrument are equivalent as far as art goes) while singing since before the age of 10. They weren't just picked out of a group of models, given autotune and playback and thrown into free praise. The music is whatever the fuck you think about it, love it or hate it, but you can't deny for a second that the three girls are hardworking genuine artists. If good singing and dancing, both live isn't enough for you then i'm out of things to say.

Lots of pyrotechnics. Nobody is actually playing on stage, everything is pre-recorded.
Think of it as a less edgy Rob Zombie show or a differently cringy Kiss show.

>nobody is actually playing on stage
what the fuck are you saying. They have a fixed backing band of skilled musicians that's always there.

Yes and it's all playback.
Not that it's that big a problem really, these are meant to be spectacular shows, not displays of virtuosity since it's clearly not what anybody expects from the band.

Except it isn't playback. Who the hell hires specific skilled musicians and aknowledges them as being an irremovable part of the band, just to have them pretend to play live even though they're perfectly capable to.
Sorry to tell you, the Kami band plays live

Whoah

See what happens when you step out if you're containment thread for a minute? I suggest you stay there you pathetic weeb

Yes they were grown to be "Idols".
I never said that they don't deserve respect for the work they do, but at the end of the day it's just that "work"
Every part of their act is decided by the producers, the singing, the lyrics, the dancemoves, the costumes, the kind of music they play - it's streamlined to please a market and nothing else.
If you ask me you can hear it in their music, it just has this bad artificial aftertaste to it, but that is my opinion.

>Who the hell hires specific skilled musicians and aknowledges them as being an irremovable part of the band, just to have them pretend to play live even though they're perfectly capable to
I dunno
youtube.com/watch?v=Vpg3Z_9PP5I

lol you're an idiot

heavy metal music is all about playing an instrument. if you're admitting that you just listen to them to jerk off to japanese schoolgirls then that's fine but don't act like you listen to them because they're impressive or skilled artists.

how come everyone who likes that band gets so overly defensive when it's brought up?

Because they feel attacked in their integrity when you mention that they like something that was artificially created to suit their tastes.
It clashes with their perception of being an individual because the reasons why they like defend don't lie in the simple enjoyment of the music alone.

Because every time it's brought up, people make arguments against it based on logical fallact and things that are not true. Promptly people come to defend the band they like simply by saying the truth, just to be dismissed as "weebs".

>Heavy metal music is all about playing an instrument
and they have the band playing instruments, always, every time
>don't act like you listen to them because they're impressive or skilled artists.
it isn't up to you to decide what's true and what's false, and if it were up to someone, it wouldn't be up to someone as superficial as you. The notion that a person can only like idols and the like because they want to jack off or whatever is dumb. Everytime i see thim i'm just legitimately stunned by how skilled and dedicated they are, because they're impressive (and skilled) artists.

Yeah, i see what happens. I get outnumbered by people who don't care about hearing something different from what their circlejerk council decides to be the truth.

>why people defend what they like

much better than "i just like it f am xDD"

So is literally any other idol. They were idols picked out to put in front of some loud guitars because it was the fetish of some board member.

>you only don't like nu-metal with j-pop style vocals because your friends told you not to
nah

>because it was the fetish of some board member
More like "because it would make it possible to milk both idol pop fans and (some) metal fans out of loads of money"

If your jade lettering was what was being posted here, i'd have no reason to be making a fool of myself like this. Anyone can like whatever the fuck they like, the second babymetal becomes music that anyone agrees on is the day the world has turned upside down. the issue is that people are basing their opinions on prejudece and lies.

That too but never doubt the power of the penis.

>because it was the fetish
literally the same argument every time, you're probably not aware of how much you're projecting

1. But it's ok to like something because it wants to make you jerk off.
2. It doesn't change the fact that it was made with the intention that it will sell more because people want to jerk off to it

But you also get buttblasted about actual facts that were brought up.
Does Amuse Inc. ring a bell?

How is it projection when I dislike the group and prefer non-metal music performed by adults?

>YOU JUST WANT TO JERK OFF TO IT

Your world is so small that this is your only logical conclusion.

You know what would be really cool? If they let these girls stop wearing those stupid lolita outfits and let them look their actual age, gave the girls their own instruments, and let them perform their own music instead of the shit that their team has been forcing them to play since they were children.

>performed by adults?
heh

Now you are going to tell me that they are genuine when they name drop metal bands in interviews. I am a fan and i am sure that at some level they enjoy what they are doing but there is plenty of fake.

>implying babymetal was founded with sex appeal as one of the main selling points
Why cast little girls then
inb4 le lolicon meme

What are the actual facts? that it wasn't a group of three toddlers to come up with babymetal but a man with a plan shown at a meeting? no shit poirot

or maybe they are basing their opinion on the fact that their music is essentially derivative metal music that only shines through because of a gimmick, and has no depth beyond this.
And before you bring up how skilled everybody is again, this is not just a matter of technical quality. If pure skill on instruments and singing were the only thing determining the quality of music, then I guess Dragonforce would be the pinnacle of heavy metal, Michael Angelo Batio would be the greatest guitarist there is. but there is more to musicx than pure technicality and that is why both of these are novelty acts, and so is Babymetal.
There is nothing inherently wrong with that, but it's hard to fault people who may nave an issue with it.

Your comprehension of written word is so bad, that this is the only thing you understood.

I didn't even imlpy it, but since that's all you seem to be able to understand there probably is some truth to it, I guess.

AMUSE INC!!!!!!!

> let them look their actual age
they look 12 and they're 11-15,

>gave the girls their own instruments, and let them perform their own music
singing while dancing is a skill

>forcing them to play
were you molested as a child?

>I KNEW IT!! IT'S ABOUT FAPPING

Sure m8, let's agree I jerk off every single day to it. Your argument sure is stronger now.

>they're 11-15
they're 17 and 18, please stop trying to make points if you don't even know who you're talking about.

Still, my only argument was that they are a band that was made in a board meeting.
The ejaculation angle single "handedly" is brought up by yourself... over and over again.

"We gave these three teenagers musical instruments and told them to become rock stars, let's see what they have created!"
Not as catchy as Babymetal but it could work.

>The ejaculation angle single "handedly" is brought up by yourself
Are you sure there? literally you wrote it twice right here But yeah, I'm the one thinking on it.

They're 17-18

I never said they weren't skilled. I said they aren't making their own music. If anything, the fact that they're skilled performers warrants an opportunity for them to play their own music.
It just so happens that I wasn't molested, but if that for you is a jab, then it makes me wonder if you were abused as a child. You sad little man

This has already been attempted and the result was leagues better than Babymetal. It's not even comparable.

Of course I can't say "no u r gey" to such a civil and well constructed argument, of course you're right when you say what you do, but i'm having a hard time believing the posters around you are quite as bright as you are.
scroll up and down and you'll find tons of people talking about why they dislike babymetal citing things that simply aren't true, such as the musicians playing playback or the band being marketed on sex appeal.

>specific musicians
>irremovable part of the band
delusional user strikes again

>my only argument was that they are a band that was made in a board meeting.

What exactly is negative about that?

They had some originality with their first album but they're right proper shit now with their radiocore Disneyrock album.

Do you like watered-down rock with eternal "whoa-oh" choruses? Then this band's for you.

muh capitalism is evil or something like that
still there exists adult all-female metal troupes, can you really say Babymetal's output is better than theirs?

They are just throwing the same baits they have been throwing since 2014, and you're taking every last one of them.
That's why you shouldn't get defensive on Sup Forums of all places. The only way to make the conversation better here is to disregard shit that isn't worth responding to.

How in the world a performer is going to change a career? they're singers/dancers, a world of difference to playing any instrument.

This whole idea that it's not their music is one of stupidest things teenagers believe, the songs weren't created by a machine, some guys composed them and Babymetal wouldn't be as popular if they were bad.

>literally using the "no u were" at the end
Jesus...

If they had been the ones playing instruments they would have remained in obscurity forever. The reason why they got popular is because they dance around on stage while a proper band plays the music. It's the entire gimmick of idol meets metal.

?????
literally what
the band is made of fixed members who travel along with the girls to perform, they're never just randomly left behind and replaced by prerecorded music. How am I delusional

1. was a general statement. The fact if i like something isn't tainted by the fact that something gives me sexual arousement.
It never implied that you jerk off to baby metal, it implied that "You can't like them because you find them sexy" isn't a valid argument.
You can like stuff because/despite it and it's completely fine.

2. Said that Babymetal was made with the sex sells aspect in mind, and not because it was the girls decision but because some marketing research showed it will sell more with loli aesthetics in it. That is a fact, if the loli aesthetics speak to you or not is something i dont care about - see 1.

For me it is noticable in the music and ruins nearly every track for me, even it is a mix i should like.

>The reason why they got popular is because they dance around on stage
Being pushed hard by a label that had a product to sell and expected return on their investment might have had something to do with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=j6cC01au1RY

Joey Jordison...

Of course it's them playing music by composers. That's obvious. It's still worthless music, largely because of that, and the fact that they're still playing it is sad and cynical. Now they're seasoned performers, so I'd like to see them be given the opportunity to make something of actual value. But I see this notion asspains you severely

>le evil gabidalisme
Seriously though, the main issue with "boardroom music" is that it tends to be very formulaic. It is created with rentability in mind and what seems to be most profitable is music that conforms to the current widespread norms. That's how you end up with bands manufactured to sell. they often lack their own distinctive sound or identity because they are essentially an amalgam of everything else that works. You borrow the elements that make something popular in a band, do that for several bands or artists in hopes that everybody will find something they will like and will thus buy your product.
Not that there hasn't been some enjoyable "boardroom" music. Satriani's Surfing With the Alien is pretty much an advertisement for Ibanez guitars but it still has its good spots.

At least the main grill was a seasoned performer even before baby metal, she already had a career as a nippon idol.
When she got too "old" for the job of loli moe idol despite being talented they decided what to do with her and put her in babymetal.

>the band is made of fixed members

Nah, since the few years of them having a real live band* they've cycled through 15 different band members. They're hired guns who aren't even allowed to post pictures of themselves on social media or talk about the band when on tour because the guy who runs Babymetal is a crazy person. It's not even the same musicians who write the music or record it for the albums.

*because for the longest time, they had a fake band where it was entirely done through playback. Their producer decided he wanted to be a "real" band for their first album.

They're idols. After the tape is no longer enough to hide the goods they move on to showing them off in H magazines and then fade into nothingness. It is the natural order of things.

It's all the same shit. The first album is like a plate of diarrhea, the second is just more of the same with polish on the turds.

That's because any affiliation with the band that isn't with the girls would be bad for marketing.
Standard procedure in that business.

That but with babymetal specifically it's the fact that the dozens of people involved with the writing of their music, the recording of it, even the live band members are all swept under the rug by the record label and instead have the 3 little jailbaits take all the fame and credit.

> It's still worthless music
It's catchy metal music, you perhaps are thinking this was and it's my only approach to metal, which is not. I actually don't like most of the most popular metal bands.

They had a band before that, and I don't know if they were popular or not, but they were a real band, for your pleasure and approval.

>How am I delusional
thinking that these specific musicians are irremovable. they can hire new musicians tomorrow and nothing changes

Some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that some musical acts aren't focused on musicians. Legitimacy is breed only from a persons ability to create music, but not perform with it for some reason.

>For me it is noticable in the music and ruins nearly every track for me, even it is a mix i should like.

You're not wrong, but you are looking at it from the wrong angle. Babymetal is not designed for sitting in your room with your headphones on listening to the CD by yourself. They are a live experience and a damn good one. The music lacks without that performance incredibly.

That's the big mishap I see with dicsussing acts like Babymetal on Sup Forums and it makes sense that the types of people on this forum would be so focused on that aspect.

>so I'd like to see them be given the opportunity to make something of actual value

You aren't seriously trying to argue that the only music with value is that which is written and performed by a single individual are you?

>Standard procedure in that business.

What business? Metal? That's funny.

>Babymetal
>a musical act

remove the wannabe cheerleaders, then it's a proper musical act. It's a novelty.

>the main issue with "boardroom music" is that it tends to be very formulaic
I understand and respect your decision in not liking it, but most metal is very formulaic and follows the same structure. It has been like this for decades.

Interesting that you mention Satriani, one of the most boring pyrotechnician in music, with the most uninspired arpeggios that are there for the sake of it.

My first post was that i don't like them but friends that do were at 3 gigs already and thought they were great.
Still doesn't change the fact that i just don't like their music - i should given what my general music taste is like - but i can't help but think their are somewhat shitty.
And so even with the show i wouldn't be able to enjoy it live

Nippon Idol business, mate

>They're hired guns who aren't even allowed to post pictures of themselves on social media or talk about the band when on tour because the guy who runs Babymetal is a crazy person
Your supposing i don't know these specifics is a straight up insult. i know who Koba is, big boy.
They've cicled through members, but they haven't been hiring whoever's the cheapest. the band has a name, is acknowledged, has a common aesthetic, and the members aren't chosen based on practicality, because then they'd hire people around the place they're performing, not paying air tickets for japanese dudes to go around the world.

You have an incredibly ridged mindset when it comes to musical performances.

>wannabe cheerleaders
if you're just going to be an ignorant bully don't fucking bother. spare the time you take to make your "intimidating" face in the mirror to actually watch a live BM performance and try to say that the choreos they do is just cheerleader standard.
Dancing is to live music is a musical act, fucknuts.

>but most metal is very formulaic and follows the same structure
And that's why most of it is not interestign in the first place. Same can be said about a lot of genres, if not all. It's not that common to find something really creative in some aspects, because it's easier for all parties involved to stick to the formula that works.
Which does explains Satriani too. But I don't care SWtA is still muh jam. Too bad everything else he has done is the same thing except re-heated and even less inspired.

And now we let the babymetal fans name 3 other japanese metal acts that aren't X Japan, Babymetal ripoffs, or actually visual kei instead of metal.

oh yes I suppose that the 15 backup dancers that work for Justin Bieber or Rihanna are also musicians, and not a pretty distraction to mask the mediocre music.

>the only people allowed to be called a musical act are musicians

I stand by my post, your have a very narrow view of what a musical act can be.

Every now and then some babymetal fan will be like "wouldn't it be great if they played with Maximum The Hormone!"

Yes, have the real metal band that has songs about drinking whiskey through your anus and shoving acorn down your pisshole share the stage with little dancing girls, what a great mix that would be.

Not that their manager/producer would ever share the stage with a dirty Japanese band though, he's a real westaboo.

Well if you want to be a faggot about it, the guy who controls the lights and fog and pyrotechnics is also a "musical act" even though it's entirely visual like dancing.

Why? Whats the point youre trying to make? plentifulness of notion matters more than argumentative truth?
U KNO ONLY 5 GROOP, ME, SMART MAN, KNO 10000 GROOPS, I HAV MORE KNOLEG, ME MORE WRITE.
no you aren't.

>babymetal thread
these are my favourites

This has nothing to do with what we wrote.
also, comparing shit to justin bieber to make your point sound better is just as bad as a liberal saying "dolan trunt is like hitler so haha chekmate"

Yes, now you're catching on. Lightshows can indeed be a musical act.

>implying Versailles aren't the greatest metal act of the 21st century

>comparing shit to justin bieber to make your point sound better is just as bad as a liberal saying "dolan trunt is like hitler so haha chekmate"

What?

Justin Bieber uses backup dancers, so does Babymetal. it's a perfectly fine comparison.

and they also have a whole team of songwriters and musicians who do all the actual music for them.

Well it shows that despite loving the "music" so much, you never made any effort to actually broaden your horizon or learn about other great music acts that country has to offer.
It shows you are just a strawman for that one band and that music couldn't be the selling point.
If it was different you would at least have tried to find something besides baby metal.
I mean isn't it natural - there is this really great metal band that mixes japanese aesthetics into their music, lets see if there is more to it.

But i think i hit a weak spot.

>Justin Bieber uses backup dancers, so does Babymetal.

No, Babymetal uses a backup band. The dancers are the main attraction. The band playing the music isn't even called Babymetal, their name is the Kami Band.

Are cheerleaders a musical act as well?

Is Costanza a musical act?

If they perform routines or dances or just about anything set to music like the stuff you see on ESPN2 at 1 AM, yes they are.

I've made plenty of effort, I could've stood up to this wacky "name musicians" challenge, but i believe that it's wrong in principle. The debate here isn't about what kind of people we are or what spiritual discoveries we've done.
If the most close minded BM fan who has never listened to anything but BM makes a good point, that's just what it is, a good point. the fact that he hasn't broadened his horizons has nothing to do with it.

>The dancers are the main attraction

That proves my point that it's just a novelty and they're a distraction. They're a fake metal band AND fake idol group. Even Slipknot or Mushroomhead with 9 people on stage all has them playing percussions or doing something besides dancing around.

My point was that being formulaic is not a good starting point to judge music.