What is his best album?

What is his best album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Yvw0U-bRXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For me it's Diamond Dogs or Low or Heroes or Station to Station or Ziggy Stardust or Aladdin Sane or Hunky Dory or Blackstar or- well, you see the issue with the question.

Are you me?

the one where he died

Outside

"the best of david bowie"

Diamond Dogs

The Idiot

whatever album where he pays talented artist to make music for him

Everything that's not Tin Machine 1 and 2 or Never Let Me Down are exceptional answers.

Low or Ziggy Stardust

The ones where he had Brian Eno rip off krautrock.

I like Tin Machine

station to station

brian eno is a musical genius kick rocks

First off: No....Just no...

Second off: Even if you do like it, when you compare it to his solo albums, ALL of them blow TM out of the water by comparison.

heroes

Lodger

Iv'e been going through his albums right now and here are my favorites so far.

Hunky Dory
Ziggy Stardust
Diamond Dogs
Young Americans
Low
Heroes
Scary Monsters
Let's Dance [spoiler]guilty pleasure[/spoiler]

How much of his catalog have you listened to so far? All of it or are you just up to the mid 80s?

i'm on Tonight right now

If you're listening to it, what do you think of it so far? Not a lot of Bowie fans liked it but I really enjoyed it....

Never Let Me Down on the other hand......

It comes down to preference but if you say anything besides Heroes or Low you're objectively wrong

some of it is ok but it's pretty bland

It's Hunky Dory, with Low right behind it.

I figure that's how most people feel about it.

Pro warning, Never Let Me Down is gonna be a LOOOOT worse.

Station to Station, if only for the opening track

Correct answer

Apparently he has an unreleased album from the 70s or something that's being released soon. It's probably shit though if he didn't release it.

He did release Pin-Ups but he didn't release that album? Yeah probably shit...

Nah, it's going to be fine. It's only "Unreleased" in the form of the Gouster. It's literally Young Americans with different mastering and a couple songs swapped out, all stuff we've heard before. It's pretty good.

Sadly, it won't have the cut material from that "album," which disappointed a lot of the people that even knew it existed.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Yvw0U-bRXw

Oh yeah I think I know about that. Are you guys talking about the one being released in the boxset??

It's called "The Gaster" or something like that and it has a bunch of outtakes/alternate takes from Young Americans sessions.

(Fuck man I'm sorry I was typing when you already sent yours)

CH CH CH CHANGES

hunky dory is my favoite

In no particular order:
>Ziggy Stardust
>Scary Monsters
>Low
>Heroes
>Station to Station
>Hunky Dory
>Diamond Dogs
>Young Americans
honorable mentions to blackstar and aladdin sane

this argument gets tossed around a lot and it's pretty retarded. Bowie was involved with the songwriting, production, and performance of all his music. It'd be like saying a director couldn't be an artist because he wasn't the only person who worked on the movie.

That's being released along with repressings of Diamond Dogs, Young Americans, and Station to Station

who /BerlinRepressingWhen/ here

I'm guessing there will be a 77-80 boxset sometime within the next year since they did it with his other albums.

>Hunky Dory and Blackstar not in the top 5

Oh man... to each his own I guess.

Never Let Me Down

I prefaced that with "in no particular order" because in the last two years or so my answer has constantly been fluctuating. For instance, Diamond Dogs would never have been in my best-of list until maybe about three months ago.

That'd be great really; I was just at a record store in Boston yesterday and a copy of Scary Monsters was $60

Here, I'll rate his albums based on my personal tastes.
10/10 Albums: Space Oddity, Man Who Sold the World, Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs, Young Americans, Station to Station, Low, Lodger, Scary Monsters, Black Tie White Noise, Earthling, Heathen, Blackstar

9/10 Albums - "Heroes", Tonight.

8/10 Albums - Let's Dance, Reality

7/10 Albums - Buddah of Suburbia, 1. Outside, 'hours...', The Next Day,

5/10 Albums - David Bowie, Pinups,

2/10 or below - Never Let Me Down, Tin Machine.

Thoughts?

Oh wow, I'm very stupid. Sorry!

Ok, here's my top ten.

>Scary Monsters (probably my favorite album of all time?)
>"Heroes"
>Station To Station
>Ziggy Stardust
>Low
>Young Americans
>Hunky Dory
>Aladdin Sane
>Blackstar
>Lodger

Not to say that these albums aren't all super fantastic.

I basically agree with this, but Heroes is a 10 for sure and 1. Outside is at least an 8. Also I think Black Tie White Noise is like a 6.

Heroes I ALMOST gave a 10, but I just wasn't a big fan of Sense of Doubt.

Outside just had too much filler (Especially Wishful Beginnings, that was AWFUL)

Black Tie White Noise is awesome and underrated IMO.